When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two RWG Oldtimers finally get to meet up

omni

Hey guys, Jeff g is visiting Maui this week, so he and I had a real long 2.5 hour leisurely lunch today at Leilani's on the Beach in Kaanapali. Lots of wine and lots of really great talk about philosophies, histories, what its like to be senior citizens and talk about not watches, but of some of our favorite forum members. Some of you certain members' ears should be burning today! We were both members at the beginning of RWG back in 2004 and gone through similar experiences of horological maturing since then. What one thing stands out, we would not have the pleasure of meeting all these members face-to-face if it had not been for this wee forum for replica watch hobbyists, how it sucked us in with the fun and camaraderie of unseen faces on the other side of the screen and held us there for years, even when we fade from the hobby itself.

Jeff g is really a fascinating guy, good company, and pretty much the same age, so as old guy conversations go (besides the obligatory old guy health maladies that plague us), we tend to veer off on a lot of tangents. We both salute RWG even though a lot of oldtimers have gone by the wayside, just to let some of you who still remember us, we are still around and kickin'!

Aloha.

2010111JeffgRWGMaui.jpg

What a great time.

I am a very fortunate guy. Over the years I have had the pleasure of building some great long term friendships with

some fascinating people. Getting to meet them in person is a real trip.

And...we did actually talk about our love of beautiful watches for a minute or two, but mostly it was a sharing of the experience

of living. It's all good.

All the best to all of our old pals out there. And oh yea, thanks Thomas.

What, no Hawaiian SunSet and Sand and surf shots? You two must have been seriously talkin'.......not that there's anything wrong with that! Good to hear you two re-connected and had a great time!

:drinks: Cheers! F-

Nice to see members that were there from the very begining get together. I have never met anyone face to face here at RWG, I hope to meet some members In the next six months or so. Thank you for sharing what must have been a rare and special moment,to the forfathers of RWG,cheers :drinks:

How cool is that?

Both these guys were well established members when I first found my way onto the old RWG so it's really something that they got a chance to finally meet.

Ken

Ditto for me. Very cool to see these meet ups.

I recently had the pleasure to meet up with DVN and CC here in MA - great to put faces with the usernames when you can and highly recommended :drinks:

Very cool! I wonder what watches were there too!

Well, I was wearing this 'ol pocket watch conversion, which I guess will give you a clue which smiling, shade wearing, white shirted, grey haired, wine drinker is who. :whistling:

Really true, there is so much more to RWG than watches.

PP-Wristshot.jpg

PP-Display-back.jpg