When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do YOU read the forum?

Ronin

How do YOU read the forum?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How do you read new posts in the forums?

• I click "View New Posts" in the right corner, and read what interests me.
    • I go to specific forums only and read whats new.

Just curious guys. I live by the "View New Posts" / "Mark all posts as Read" options here on the forum. Even if I don't care about Tag's or AP's, it is nice to see the titles of what is being discussed.

What really prompted me to post this was Ubi and I's recent GTG thread that is almost 50 posts deep. Many of our local and regular users had no idea that thread existed. :g:

Just curious guys. I live by the "View New Posts" / "Mark all posts as Read" options here on the forum. Even if I don't care about Tag's or AP's, it is nice to see the titles of what is being discussed.

What really prompted me to post this was Ubi and I's recent GTG thread that is almost 50 posts deep. Many of our local and regular users had no idea that thread existed. :g:

Nobody likes you or Ubi :bicycle: or your stinkin' "Get together" :drinks::group:

Actually, I read same as you. View new posts mark read/unread.

Wish I could go :cry2:

I do both. When I'm surfing for y longer period and coming back to RWG all the time I use View New Posts. When I don't have time I just quickly spot a few subforums (mostly Watch Sales, Rolex and Omega). I also do this on the iPhone.

And I never mark "All forums as read". I need to see in bold what I've not actually read.

:)

Val.

About 99% of the time I go straight to the "Introduction/rules/support" section,I've been doing this from day one. It ment a lot to me when members made me feel at home here,just trying to return the favor. :) After that I just end up where I end up,It's all good.

Another "view new post addict" signing in! And boy am I glad to behave that way.. Because I have gotten so much project inspiration and seen some beautiful watches from brands I'd never even consider looking at when I first got here.. That little function is a real "perspective changer"! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

With lots of help!!! :D

Seriously though, I have certain forums that I tend to head straight for, Omega. breit, Tag and of course, the Sales Forum!!

But if I'm wandering down the main page and something catches my ear, I'll generally pay it a visit. I tend to scroll down the main page and listen for interesting stuff, then go to my usual haunts.

Sixx :bones:

It is all about what you are interested in...NOW.

Of course that changes...often.

For the most part I NEVER look at anything Panerai, Rolex..etc.

For me I scan down the listings looking at categories...then look at author of the post.

If neither interests me I pass it buy.

My current love is AP.

My list of most interesting members varies with the topic.

Most recent posts works best, I suppose.

But I won't read anything posted by 'Joe Jit Ball'.

I liked it when we were listed according to what our # was.

I used to be # 22. Now I am just some guy who joined in 2004.

Oh well.

Admin rules.

I didn't even know there was an option to view new posts (harder to find when viewing forum on iPhone). Seems like a better way to go though....

I was here several months before I noticed It. It's at the right top hand side next to forum rules,Indeed this forum does rule ;)

Wow. Dead heat at the moment.

If I can just throw this out there... If you are a daily, and for sure, multi-times-a-day visitor here, I would highly encourage using the "View New" option. There is so much cool stuff here I think people are missing in the multitude of forums. Tutorials, GTG's, etc.

Now, if you go more than a few days, I can understand skipping to your hardcore interests, as 5+ pages of new posts might be a lot.