When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My matte triple 6. Pbdad-ified! (modem melter)

grifter

This started life as a Jackjo swiss SSD. Then Pbdad was brought in after I sourced some parts and the outcome is spectacular.

Pbdad is hands down one of the best in my book. His customer service is top notch. His work speaks for itself.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

round 3 open 6 & 9 datewheel is killer!

date-16.jpg

date-19.jpg

date-23.jpg

Thanks Pbdad, for making a dream watch of mine a reality!

Thanks my friends!

Diz- The dial is from NP, a seller on the bay. (there are a series of numbers after the "np" but can't remember them)

Storm- this is a keeper :D

LH- I'm super specific and bomb pbdad with descriptive emails along with photo examples. He's very understanding and is also very detail oriented so appreciates the fine tuned instruction. This project logged in over 100 emails back and forth. My 1655 had a little over 75. One of the many reasons why I love working with him.

Freddy- I agree about the cg's. They are a bit too tall and look too nice compared to the insert. I didn't realize how much thinner the gen 702 was to the rep 703! I purposely chose to mismatch the pearl and the lume however, after falling in love with a pic I found of a triple 6 on the net. Plus the pearl has a crack in it, which would cause more repid patinization (is that a word?!) :)

Thanks again guys!

Thanks Chi for the info on NP, I didn't know it was NDT.

Pbdad had to relume the dial 3 times before it was up to his standards. The original markers were an ugly orange. His patience and willingness to do then redo and redo again, without me having to even ask is why I say his service is top notch!

I'll stick with the rep caseback, but if I ever come across a bracelet and or clasp for a good deal I will definitely pick it up!

In the meantime I'll just rock this the way it is. :D

Happy Easter bros!

Nice job, I can see that a lot of thought and trouble went into building this. Some observations: For some odd reason, just about every transitional sub/sea dweller I've seen have pearls that have aged/darkened much more than the dial/hands, so yours is very much correct in that regard. On another note, did you mention that you have a 7020/702 crown/tube installed?

PS: I've got a genuine matte dial in mint cond. If someone is seriously interested, PM me.

Fantastic! Nice Gen insert. I've seen numerous gen pearls that have turned like that. Blix has (had?) a gen two tone insert that was never mounted but had a pearl like that due to a cracked sapphire. The dial looks amazing, too. I took the plunge on one from Natalie too for my 5512 - tho I'm nervous about your "ugly orange lume" comment. Hope it's not that bad. And yeah, PB is the best!

For some odd reason, just about every transitional sub/sea dweller I've seen have pearls that have aged/darkened much more than the dial/hands, so yours is very much correct in that regard.

Yes... odd indeed, but true! It'd almost be wrong to not have this piece done that way! Someone mentioned cracks in the pearl, and that's probably the reason. This one is also cracked, letting in air and water (and dirt).