When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New baby, the mail has arrived!

JoJo35

My latest and final ultra franken, pieced together by none other than the Master from parts I gathered from around the world. Researching, purchasing parts, and sending for a build has certainly paid off.

These projects can get expensive, but IMO, are definitely worth the effort finding the pieces and the money spent. This particular piece is a 14270 Explorer, with a super sharp unpolished gen 16200 case set, gen sapphire crystal with the cyclop removed, a gen dial, gen crown/tube, and a nearly NOS gen 78360 bracelet and end-links. The movement is a Swiss ETA 2824, with ETA mercedes hands that have been color matched to the dial by the Zigmiester with a superluminova mix of C1/C3. I'll have to admit that the gen dial and superluminova hands glow like a torch!

Last but not least is the Stilty movement spacer added so the ETA movement fit perfectly.

My special thanks go out to the Zigmiester and Stilty for their help in getting this one together. This was a great project!

Here's a few quick snapshots, enjoy:

ef845h6m.jpg

ch3k6maw.jpg

vkl6o3sl.jpg

ckym35os.jpg

vk6l3z0o.jpg

vlrmw9s8.jpg

cl6ms9p3.jpg

Thanks everyone for all of your kind comments. I'm actually torn right now about the possibility of selling this piece. Just my luck, my HP laptop died (again, what a lemon, I feel sorry for anyone else who owns a dv9410us). It has already been back to the factory three times prior, so I've decided not to fix it, and I'm searching for a new laptop now.

In the mean time I have just gotten my gen 5513 back from a full service, but I can't decide which watch to wear, they both seem brand new! :drinks:

Wow! Thats a magnificent piece!

I am super motivated to begin compiling parts to build a franken. However, I can't get a Stilty movement ring. Stilty's PM box appears to be full. I'd be more than happy to buy a ring from him and a datewheel overlay if he has but if he's unreachable, does anyone know if Raffle Times on Ebay's ring is compatible? (And Stilty, if you see this post, please PM me, I'll get from you) Thanks for you help!

Edited by Kerbus

Wow! Thats a magnificent piece!

I am super motivated to begin compiling parts to build a franken. However, I can't get a Stilty movement ring. Stilty's PM box appears to be full. I'd be more than happy to buy a ring from him and a datewheel overlay if he has but if he's unreachable, does anyone know if Raffle Times on Ebay's ring is compatible? (And Stilty, if you see this post, please PM me, I'll get from you) Thanks for you help!

I used one of Raffles Times' enlargement rings in a gen 1601 case and it worked well. I had to machine out some places for the case clamps to pass through but that was a simple Dremel tool job.

I have to admit I donut understand the appeal of putting this much work into a frankenrepgen. To me, the beauty of reps is that you get something for nothing (or at least nearly nothing).

Edited by Vuggy