When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Submariner Housing Gen 3135 & Gen Parts (Part I)

tc670207

I'm in uk and have a Taiwan EMS number.

Tc is not George or connected but his product is connected. Tc is American if I'm not mistaken.

I think it is time to let this rest and let the delivered product speak and a reputation can be established for him.

There is way too much paranoia on here these days!!

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I'm in uk and have a Taiwan EMS number.

Tc is not George or connected but his product is connected. Tc is American if I'm not mistaken.

I think it is time to let this rest and let the delivered product speak and a reputation can be established for him.

There is way too much paranoia on here these days!!

Your 100% right!

I'm new here, so tell me why does it have to be a wm9 v whatever. why cannt it be a case that some guy fund oversees.

and the way it sound to me, this guy is going to sell them and with all our mouths open he is going to hit with the highest price out there.

it's like finding a gem at a yard sale you do'nt let them know your hot for it. LZ

just my 2 cents worth.

PS hot looking case and the band is to die for. well not to die, die but nice " yes i know i'm nuts. my wife tells me all the time."

the Price is the right price; but is not your Average 200-300 dollars rep if that is what you are thinking, and the fact that takes Gen parts is what makes it great. I already have a Gen insert waiting for this Beauty, i m ay even go for a Gen Dial but now they are too expensive.

@ZK: pls don't confuse people. You don't have the facts. I do. I was wm9's exclusive reseller on the forums. wm9 was a factory, not a middle man. One of their businesses was they supplied case molds/casts to many watch companies including the likes of the noobfactory. I asked George why supplied your competitors. He said that's high volume business. Why not? It wouldn't affect his other businesses. On the complete/finished replica sales front, they used to carry other rep factories' products such as TWB, MBW, and the noobfactory products. Later on they started making and selling their first complete gen style sub, the v1 around 2007 (don't hold me to the exact year). The v1 I think was not an exclusive wm9 effort. It's very likely a collaboration of wm9 and other TW factories. At the time the market also had another gen style sub along with the v1, offered by MBW which Eurotimez rebranded it the infamous Euromariner. wm9 quickly moved onto exclusively making the v2 around 2008-2009 themselves. wm9 in 2008 was recruiting reseller. I emailed George. He said I could take the forums. He had other resellers working other markets. But as far as online/Internet, I took the forums, George took the open web markets. George was not only the factory but was also a retailer which ironically I found competing with me, not so much for business but for supplies. It was rather hard at times to get supplies I wanted.

wm9 published every one of their original watch's development on their wm9 website, v2, YM, v3, v3 LV, v3 TT, SD (which of course didn't go further than having the gen taken apart). wm9 started with the v2 as the exclusive developer. Why am I so sure? The v2 was just not seen anywhere at the time and even till now. v2 was the first gen style sub complete with superlumed dial, hands and pearl, and correct CGs that essentially don't need trimming in the rep market. wm9 made a batch of flawed v2s which he sold to a Mr. Lim in Thailand, about 100 of them. Sure there was a lot of speculation wm9 wasn't a factory esp with these flawed v2s popping up somewhere else in the online market. Some people believed the same wm9 components would be available at other sources. Soon there was no more sign of the v2 available outside of wm9 which was understandable because the flawed batch sold out.

Early 2009 preorders for v3 LV started. The v3 LV's official price was $600 something (can't remember exactly). But the 1st preorder price was only $375, 2nd $475, 3rd $525, 4th $595. Who if not the factory would do preorders like that? Who if not the factory could have this kind of control over prices? I being the reseller was really a sucker to support the preorders because the 1st preorder particularly carried practically no margins for me. wm9 was a middle man? You gotta be kidding?

Later in 2009 we also saw the wm9 YM released. Again the watch didn't appear anywhere else, even till today. It was late 2009 when I started shipping the v3, both black and LV. Again, till today we haven't seen wm9 v3 black, LV, nor TT. I think I have said enough about wm9 being a factory. ZR, stop confusing people.

I already said why I'm so sure it's a wm9 v3 or a copy. So did watcher and other knowledgeable members. Again ZR, stop saying this is something different. The Sean case is different. This is not. Why is it important to know what a sub rep is? It helps the consumer to choose wisely, value the product properly. wm9 should be more desirable than a noobmariner, than a MBW. v3 is more desirable than a v2, etc, etc. In the old days when every dealer was selling the noobmariner but tried to make like it's a different watch. How is a newbie or anyone supposed to choose? Let's not let that happen again.

Where's wm9/George? Who knows? For God's sake this case could be a copy. The fact that TC found the wm9 v3 (or copy) again is a just good sign for this community. It's a more versatile case than the Sean case because it can take rep dial and gen dial without mod. I personally think we should still call it wm9 just because we all know what wm9 is. But I actually want to call it wm9 v4 because one significant improvement was made. I'm not trying to take any credit. But I did tell George the crown hole area was cut too much. George said he would fix it down the road. It could be George, it could be whoever fixed it.

wm9v4.jpg

-bk

Edited by bklm1234

Well put Bert! I think it was time to tell the story.

I have to say the pictures look very promising if only the engraving was not there!

A couple of close ups of the bezel would be great, the teeth look very good in the pics as does the bracelet and end links! Thanks!

• Like 1

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@Bklm

Duuhhh, dident i write "this is what I think" now where am i telling or forcing members my thoughts? LIKE I THINK I THINK IT IS? C'mon man! Is it aloud to still THINK that wm9.

Last thing guy's im soon getting mine :D and i will do a review. And im getting a fully asembeld watch, yes with superlumed dial (superlumed dial is nice, but its NOT a mager thing to me)!!!

I dropped and broke my v1 in 2008, i emailed George at wm9 to see if he could fix it. He emailed me an address with a PO box number to post it. The watch came back after about 2 months repaired and a free service. The address was in California.