When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yet Another Explorer...

jmb

OK, M gets a gen, posts a group shot, and I suddenly realize I'm about 4 Explorers behind him on the rep side! I had an MBW dial "show up" in my mail box the other day and decided to do something about my Exp deficit this afternoon. I grabbed one of my trusty 2824 DJ cases, drilled some holes in it, and banged out a bezel. I was lucky and discovered I had one 2824 left so I removed the date bits and I was ready to go. The build went smooth and within an hour I had another watch to hide from wife.gov or I may put it up for adoption.

I drilled out a rep riveted bracelet and put some wo990 end-links on it and I was set. It was actually fun to build something out of a dial I didn't have to clip and glue!

Build Sheet:

Rep 2824 case

Clark T22 crystal

A2824 movement

Rep hands

MBW Explorer dial

Rep bracelet

wo990 end-links for fat spring-bars

Borel spring-bars

Custom bezel

It's too bad the dial maker got a couple of small details wrong on this or it would have been almost perfect.

MBW%20Dial%20Exp%201.jpg

MBW%20Dial%20Exp%202.jpg

MBW%20Dial%20Exp%203.jpg

MBW%20Dial%20Exp%204.jpg

MBW%20Dial%20Exp%205.jpg

• Like 1

Justin,

Got the riveted bracelet...love it. Thanks for the speedy service. I drilled the connecting link and am using 2mm spring bars. Now my 1016 is almost identical to yours. Especially since it is your case with your drilling and your (yet another) banged out bezel. I need a better dial.

I'll post pics when I have time. I appreciate your work and service to the community.

Mike

Edited by preacher62