When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 16520 Patrizzi Daytona for a gen GMTIIC? Would you do it?

concepta

So...the opportunity shows! My colleague is selling his gen GMTIIC at a steal price (about 1K below going-prices)
To buy it i need to sell my superfranken 16520 Patrizzi.
Would you choose the gen over the superfranken? (about same price)

I have been in love with the GMTIIC for many years...even built one superfranken a couple of years ago (I think Ghost bought it from me)

I´m really torn here!

DSC05927_zpsccd2a539.jpg

DSC05952_zps09a6791c.jpg

null_zpsb47e6693.jpg

Depends; do you badly wish a GMTII C?

I wouldn't do it. Ok, the Daytona is still a Franken and the GMT-Master a gen. But, who wants a GMT when you (can) have a DAYTONA, especially if its a Zentih one. But maybe I am just biased, I hate the Ceramic models :clap2:

Im not a GMT guy, well atleast not the newer ones so for ME i would keep the Daytona. It looks beautiful!

Please dont do it  lol

577939_448510668545035_253928936_n.jpg

:)

You are probably right..then again..i could always build a new tona (not a Patrizzi one but anyhow)

Damned..i need to decide before tomorrow!

Keep the Daytona. It's a beauty and like others have said, you don't really run into these in the wild as often.

:)

I'd love to own your Daytona, but even your Franken is probably out of my league.

Dave...

I would sale the Daytona ASAP... (to me) and then buy the watch that you love and want... Like you said you can always build another Daytona sometime down the road.

You and I both will be happy and have the watch we want and you can just build another one. :)

PM ME... I am dead serious.

Yup i'm the guy that bought the gmt2c franken! I added a gen ceramic insert to it to complete the picture!

All the same, the 16520 is in a different league. You're trading it in with your friend or?

Ubi's 16520 was the watch that started me on my franken quests!

Would need to know more about the Daytona. 

Is it all original Rolex parts that have been put together to make the watch or are their rep parts on it?

If original parts, I would keep the Daytona. If it has rep parts, I would say the GMTIIC. If you don't care for it, sell it and make back the grand he is underselling it to you for. Easier to sell a gen instead of a franken, super or normal.

Keep the Daytona. One thing with high grade frankens is we build them ourselves or have them built by someone, but either way its something you put together over time after searching for that elusive piece to finally put it all together.

You don't get that by just buying a whole watch.

Its a no brainer, keep the Daytona ..

P.