When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cool Watch Hobby B-Day gift from the Wife

droptopman

I am pretty lucky as my wife tolerates my watch hobby, so much so that I received a rather cool watch related birthday gift from her this morning. Totally surprised me. For the most part when I talk about watches she just glazes over, but in her eyes if I find peace, joy and happiness in my watch obsession she supports that.

I think this is a rather cool way to organize my quickly growing parts, straps, bracelets, and tools collection. Even has the Rolex green felt lining. For a guy my age, this is probably the coolest gift I have received in a long time, as I really had no idea something like this existed. I was going to get a tackle box style organizer, but this is much nicer.

Pics:

e80556cb9ea53ea01f2730f2b483731b.jpg

afe690d3fb567dedc71d56e111273b91.jpg

53ec65c2fa1560f7bd854dbbcf499533.jpg

Thanks guys. Ya pretty cool of her. Much better than the usual cologne or Pro VX balls. I am pretty lucky. Initially when I joined the forum she asked one time. How much did you spend on all those Rolex's thinking they were all gens....she knew I was after a new gen but when 8 showed up I think she was a little concerned.

I started to explain to her the fine nuances of a Franken build and she fell asleep...she knows I am hopelessly hooked so why fight it.

Hard to believe but the box was purchased at our local Costco. Gotta love Costco.

All loaded up now

59b9ea2d1dda3a425958360d35dc1188.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

Costco...of all places.

That's very, very nice, and your wife is exceptional for getting you this.

Just for once, I'd love to have someone in my family contact my fave TD, purchase a rep I really want without letting me know, get it, wrap it up all pretty and give it to me.

Not gonna happen I'm afraid. My hobby is tolerated but not much interest.

• Like 1

Very nice gift. Most wives are only interested in a new watch when it shows up, and she is either, indifferent, which may be good!! Indignant, because you are buying all these watches and nothing for her. Or worse case she is furious because she believes that your hobby is wrecking the family budget. Not many are lucky enough to have one that is understanding like droptop's bride, even if they don't share your enthusiasm.

My wife loves watches, she however is not a fan of reps, of anything. She would rather have a real Seiko than a rep Rolex, although her watch tastes have gotten more expensive over the years. Because she likes nice watches, her collection is not nearly as large as mine!! She is very understanding of my hobby, although she has a pretty difficult time with understanding why anyone would need 30+ watches, which I counter with, "why would anyone need 100+ pairs of shoes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow. Awesome gift. That looks great. Lot more organized than my home office desk which doubles as a watch tinkering station:

48e955b895110af6499181212aa7101a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wholly smokes, if the shipping did not cost more than the item I would send you one today.  I am afraid to ask, was my 5513 in there somewhere....

Based on your results, I would have to agree with you.  Everyone is different in that way.  My friend and I built race cars and his shop was a total mess and mine was very tidy and organized.  Neither appeared to be more functional.  He could find what he wanted in a pile of parts or tools in a second. 

I am pretty lucky as my wife tolerates my watch hobby, so much so that I received a rather cool watch related birthday gift from her this morning. Totally surprised me. For the most part when I talk about watches she just glazes over, but in her eyes if I find peace, joy and happiness in my watch obsession she supports that.

I think this is a rather cool way to organize my quickly growing parts, straps, bracelets, and tools collection. Even has the Rolex green felt lining. For a guy my age, this is probably the coolest gift I have received in a long time, as I really had no idea something like this existed. I was going to get a tackle box style organizer, but this is much nicer.

Pics:

Lovely box to put all the knick knacks of the trade mate. I am envious. Yes, same color as that green lining.