When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Condolences for all our french members..

lukenorris2011

Just got in from work too see what has happened in France. 12 dead ATM and the suspects still at large.

Serious words from a French minister who stated when caught he wants them neutralised.

May France and our allies have strength and courage too stand up too those who want to cause disaster and pain for allied-residents.

Life's a [censored], then you marry one!

Shocking news today, condolences to all affected by this tragedy. I was in Paris with my family last weekend and noticed the extra soldiers patrolling the city, made us all feel a little safer after the previous attacks. 

Shocking that in the modern world things like this still happen. Condolences to all those affected and I hope that the offenders are brought to justice quickly.

Its sad to read about such mindless violence, and the abject grief and misery that inevitably follows.

I guess that we would never comprehend the personal motivation for such terror attacks, nor can we truly prevent them from being carried out.

The meaningless loss of lives is very tragic, and my prayers go with the families of the victims.

The terror attacks would continue as long as there are people with extreme, delusional and distorted perceptions about society and others around them.

May justice be swift and show the same amount of mercy to the perpetrators as they showed their victims.

Another two police officers shot this morning. One of them, a women has now been confirmed dead.

Two suspects from yesterday have been "located" but still at large, and one (of the two) suspects from

Today is also at large,

May we all pray for France at this difficult time.

Life's a [censored], then you marry one!

Edited by lukenorris2011

Hostages taken, north of Paris, shots fired 2 dead 20 injured, still ongoing situation, two terrorists are inside a building with unknown number of hostages

hope this will end it....for the last two days there's a very very intense anxiety going around. Heavily Armed police forces and military everywhere, everyone's waiting for an end of this, very very hard to concentrate on work...everyone is locked to their phones and screens waiting for disclosure. ...

Looks like they got the two brothers who went on the killing spree  at the newspaper office, as well as the thug who was holed up in the kosher supermarket. Unfortunately, he shot four hostages dead before he was killed. My heartfelt condolences go out to the victims and their families. No innocent person deserves to die in this fashion. I hope that the perpetrators of this violence burn in Hell for all eternity for these vicious senseless acts of violence.

Sadly the next set of victims will be innocent law abiding Muslim  middle Easterners who live in the EU. I can sense a really strong anti-Muslim groundswell beginning to form. I'm afraid that a lot of folks are going to be swept up in this, most of whom are as shocked and horrified over these terrorist acts as their neighbors are. anytime things like this happen, a lot of innocent people pay the price. 

Looks like they got the two brothers who went on the killing spree at the newspaper office, as well as the thug who was holed up in the kosher supermarket. Unfortunately, he shot four hostages dead before he was killed. My heartfelt condolences go out to the victims and their families. No innocent person deserves to die in this fashion. I hope that the perpetrators of this violence burn in Hell for all eternity for these vicious senseless acts of violence.

Sadly the next set of victims will be innocent law abiding Muslim middle Easterners who live in the EU. I can sense a really strong anti-Muslim groundswell beginning to form. I'm afraid that a lot of folks are going to be swept up in this, most of whom are as shocked and horrified over these terrorist acts as their neighbors are. anytime things like this happen, a lot of innocent people pay the price.

I just remember what my countryman did to the Japanese after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, we put them all in internment camps,. Over here in Spain you can feel the Anti.Muslim sentiment brewing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like they got the two brothers who went on the killing spree  at the newspaper office, as well as the thug who was holed up in the kosher supermarket. Unfortunately, he shot four hostages dead before he was killed. My heartfelt condolences go out to the victims and their families. No innocent person deserves to die in this fashion. I hope that the perpetrators of this violence burn in Hell for all eternity for these vicious senseless acts of violence.

Sadly the next set of victims will be innocent law abiding Muslim  middle Easterners who live in the EU. I can sense a really strong anti-Muslim groundswell beginning to form. I'm afraid that a lot of folks are going to be swept up in this, most of whom are as shocked and horrified over these terrorist acts as their neighbors are. anytime things like this happen, a lot of innocent people pay the price. 

What you mentioned, A, is an inevitable and far reaching consequence of the terror attacks.

The provenance of Islam does not preach violence in this manner. The problem is invariably the flawed interpretations by men of the religion. The acts committed in the name of Islam has besmirched the religion in a manner that would take a long long time to restore, in the regions affected.

I definitely do not think that the terror acts in Paris (or anywhere else) were ratified by Islam, but rather, carried out by scattered groups of extremists with ideals, values and perceptions twisted beyond belief. I do not think that any religion advocates or tolerates senseless killing, but interpretation of the doctrines by these terrorists puts the rest of the world at peril and mercy of their distorted convictions. Sadly, when repeated reports Muslims displaying the same extreme behavior in different ways are reported by the press, the association becomes very unfavorable for the group. It does not matter to the world that the majority of Muslims are not prone to committing terrorist acts at all. Slowly but surely, the world becomes wary of Muslim members of their immediate community. I would not be surprised to read reports about vigilante justice inflicted upon innocent Muslims, in the near future. When lives are lost senselessly and suddenly, there is invariably anger, grief, bewilderment, and pain suffered in varying degrees. There is simply no telling what those affected would do.

Violence begets violence. Yes. Yet, there is no denying the immediate gratification of getting even, of inflicting commensurate amounts of hurt on the subjects of hatred or resentment. And the cycle would go on and on by both sides. I have often, in my moments of rumination, thought about what I would do if my loved ones become victims of terror attacks. Shamefully, the immediate answer is: An entire face for an eye, even with the noesis that violence is not the answer.

There will be many like me, and I agree with you, more violence is to be expected, and most of them unjustified and inordinate.

I pray for strength for the families and loved ones of the victims of the attacks, and I pray for the family of the attackers. Until we learn not to stereotype a group, the problems ahead are real. When a member of the herd gets taken, the remaining herd will tighten its defenses and be more vigilant. It is nothing more than survival instinct. I just hope that the pain and damage can be mitigated in meaningful ways, instead of more mindless, vindictive violence..