When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sale gone wrong need advice thanks !

Ezio

Hey guys need The help of The forum i already contacted Mike for help but im really blown away by this

I sold some two week's time ago my dssd link to The sale topic http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/175885-♛-noob-dssd-v7-for-sale-the-best-version-♛/#entry1391130

to a member here everything was fine and he wasnt a known member here but he Said he was active and had done deals with others over on repgeek took he's word for it i sent him pictures of The package with receipt on The Way to post it

He received The package this Night Denmark time asking if this is a joke and The package wasnt tampared with but no watch inside

Now he wants to make a PP dispute without even talking and trying to work it out i have done quite some deals now and 3 In The making

I wrote In my sale disclaimer i dont take responsibility after i ship The watch

But still if this is true i feel bad for The guy Any advice i Will happy to receive

Making this topic to be as open as possible for The buyer and every one

Just Updated and deleted The picture with The package and receipt forgot it shows he's adress open to forum and that is not fair to The buyer

Pictures

The last two is The buyers pictures

post-61085-0-69246600-1423123182_thumb.j

post-61085-0-90184900-1423123208_thumb.j

post-61085-0-62194900-1423123229_thumb.j

post-61085-0-26036900-1423123425_thumb.j

To my bro Ezio and the buyer, this is a USD350.00 problem right? Lets contain it as such.

No need for paypal disputes and such. Paypal disputes would only create future problems for the person who started it, reputation wise.

Lets all breathe, take things in perspective and not make a whirlwind out of the matter.

Recently, I encountered a $550 problem with a reputable modder, who returned my watch DOA and looking as though he invited every dog in his neighborhood to chew on it before packing it and returning it to me. I am establishing my facts now before writing to the modder, and even in this case, I see no need for paypal disputes. So relax a little, and lets talk like reasonable gentlemen. 

Sorry to hear this mate! And what Mr. A said. It's a 350usd issue, a PP dispute will make things worse.

Despite that, he agreed with your disclaimer by making a deal. I quote:

4. This watch is sold with no warranty. WYSIWYG!
5. I sell this watch in full working order and stand by this up to the minute it leaves my possession. I accept no responsibility for it there after; be it in transit, or alike.

I had the same experience before. So I know exactly how you feel ezio.

Mine worth much more than yours.

Just a heads up for the buyer that pp dispute won't do you anything good.

First, you will be banned from this forum and could be the other rep fora as well.

Second, you might not win the dispute anyway since the seller can provide a tracking number or proof of delivery and it will show that the buyer has received it.

So, best solution either take it as a bad episode or ask ezio for some kind of monetary donation for this unfortunate event.

IMHO, the seller is not entitled to give anything. The price the buyer pay is the price for the watch FOB. so everything after that is actually the buyer's risk. If you want it fully insured, better buy from a TD. Of course at a more expensive price.

That's the pro and con buying from M2M.

Also lesson learned from my experience:

Seller

Take a lot of pictures of the watch and packaging before shipment. A video that shows working movement is essential as well.

Buyer:

If you feel the package you receive is suspicious.

Torn packaging. Or it feels light, it is better to record it when you are opening the package.

Thanks all buyer has come Down a little after som great help from my fellow legend and Mike is Also on it thanks Mike

Thank you Mr. A you always there to help when needed :D

And we not talking PP dispute Anymore now we both trying to find a solution we both happy with and we have agreed no one tried to scam Anyone probably just a person with itchy fingers somewhere

And as Said by a member earlier its a risk and even though he accepted my sales disclaimer we Will work something out always try to be a fair guy and this is my first problem with m2m but had to happen sometime and it did after a year

But Will Update when we come to a solution

Again thanks everybody :D

Thanks all buyer has come Down a little after som great help from my fellow legend and Mike is Also on it thanks Mike

And we not talking PP dispute Anymore now we both trying to find a solution we both happy with and we have agreed no one tried to scam Anyone probably just a person with itchy fingers somewhere

And as Said by a member earlier its a risk and even though he accepted my sales disclaimer we Will work something out always try to be a fair guy and this is my first problem with m2m but had to happen sometime and it did after a year

Again thanks everybody :D

Great to see you guys are working it out.  :notworthy:

Again thanks everybody :Dit 

That is what friends and fellow forum members are for: to make your life a better in matters like this. :)

I would just openly say that $350 or even $500 is not worth opening a paypal dispute over, unless it is the last transaction with other members (or even dealers) you wish to make in the hobby. Reasonable men solve problems together, not point fingers at each other. What has happened in this case has been unfortunate, and to help both seller and buyer, I am willing to donate some money to help mitigate the situation. Just hit me up bro when you are ready. 

Lets not blow this out of proportion, and contain the problem wisely instead.. Its only a watch guys, one which likely would be flipped again to another member some time down the road. Lets be thankful that this is not a unique, highly modded, franken, or high value piece where the loss would be a lot more than money.. ;)

I've had one package go missing in transit and the seller and I worked it out to each take 50% of the loss. That seems the most logical.

In our case is was a gen dial and there was no disclaimer about shipping responsibilities involved.

This is the most logical thing to do ;)

Legend, as usual, you are the voice of reason. This is not nearly worth the future problems and frustrations that will stem from opening a Paypal dispute.,

I have not one scintilla of doubt that Ezio packed that watch in the package and mailed it off to the buyer. I don't know the buyer, but it's hard to conceive that someone would risk reputation and forum(s) membership over a 350.00 USD watch. However, the human animal never ceases to amaze and disappoint me.

One thing that I do if at all possible is to insure the package for it's value. Also another reason I prefer to sell within the CONUS as packages can be insured and there are no customs, duty drama attached. It may cost me a few dollars extra to insure a package for 4-5 hundred dollars, but it sure increases my peace of mind..

I agree that a 50/50 split would be the fairest and most logical solution to the problem. I would also file a theft report with the post office, especially if the package shows any signs of tampering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Legend, as usual, you are the voice of reason. This is not nearly worth the future problems and frustrations that will stem from opening a Paypal dispute.,

I have not one scintilla of doubt that Ezio packed that watch in the package and mailed it off to the buyer. I don't know the buyer, but it's hard to conceive that someone would risk reputation and forum(s) membership over a 350.00 USD watch. However, the human animal never ceases to amaze and disappoint me.

One thing that I do if at all possible is to insure the package for it's value. Also another reason I prefer to sell within the CONUS as packages can be insured and there are no customs, duty drama attached. It may cost me a few dollars extra to insure a package for 4-5 hundred dollars, but it sure increases my peace of mind..

I agree that a 50/50 split would be the fairest and most logical solution to the problem. I would also file a theft report with the post office, especially if the package shows any signs of tampering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And let me add, that the watch I bought from you was the most well packaged article that I have ever purchased from ANYWHERE. A++++ Would do business again :)

And let me add, that the watch I bought from you was the most well packaged article that I have ever purchased from ANYWHERE. A++++ Would do business again :)

+1. A packs his watch secure and cushioned and neat.

It was like receiving a gift from Santa. :lol:

"I've had one package go missing in transit and the seller and I worked it out to each take 50% of the loss. That seems the most logical."    That is correct way to handle it when you have two known guys no scamming as here, sh*t just happens unfortunately......................

Here at RWG we have a group of members called the Diamond Group. Yes it's expensive to belong, and the most dedicated people just naturally gravitated there. It started out as a way to help our Admin leader pay for hosting this site... It all comes out of his pocket every month. But it's morphed into an amazing thing... the Diamond members continually go above and beyond to make this place great.

And that's what Legend has done here. It's an awesome thing to witness a man acting so selflessly to benefit his fellow members.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Question - insurance for a rep, if you have to file a claim for it, what do you describe it as?

Don't they want a photo of it?

Question - insurance for a rep, if you have to file a claim for it, what do you describe it as?

Don't they want a photo of it?

I always insure mine as "horological parts", I don't like putting "watch" on the paperwork, trigger for thieves and customs.

• Like 1