When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gazette] undercover for six months, Secret Chinese high imitation watch industry

StormTooper4

Seriously high-tech. Loved the scanning of the part into the computer. Not what I was expecting at all. Also surprised to read that the replica makers are sometimes faster at componentry than the Swiss.

Definitely highly skilled artisans at work here. Just a shame they will be condemned for it.

Really makes you think twice about the cost of gen watches.

Thanks for sharing!

I wasn't expect anything different in reality. Our rep watches have nothing less (apart a serious qc and some minor details like He valves) than any other gen watch in the range of 1000€. Therefore the techniques behind them can't be much different ;)

The "dirty cellar full of children" is an obvious cheat, at least considering our super reps.

PS: engraved Pam is on the go :):) Love it!

Very interesting and informative to put some myths of the table. Imagined something like this and tech-wise they are even 2-3 years further ahead, no wonder. The PAM604 looks stunning.

That was a great find, thanks for sharing:)

They would have to be pretty darn high tech to produce the masterpieces they turn out!! I believe that the myth of children in a dirty cellar may have been true years ago when they were turning out pretty crude quartz "junk" watches. The myth obviously has been perpetrated by all of the luxury brands are who basically using that ploy to appeal to folks humanitarian side and to react with shock and indignation when they see photos of a room full of urchins bent over benches assembling watches or handbags, or whatever. "Please don't support these criminal enterprises, thieving Mafioso exploiting young children in dangerous inhumane conditions" buy your genuine watch for 20X the "real" price and help us stamp out these criminals"!!!! Doesn't that sound heart rendering? Problem is it's all a lie, except those same companies are guilty of the same crimes when they subcontract sewing jobs to people who exploit children. Ralph Lauren doesn't talk about the sweatshops that produce those overpriced Polo's does he? Of course not, but he and all his minions are quick to condemn those who are selling reps of their goods, probably produced in much more modern and cleaner factories!! But you never see that on TV , unless it's a news show that uncovers one of the cramped crowded "Sewing rooms" or a fire breaks out and a bunch of young people perish, because the exits are all blocked!!    

• Like 3

Interesting pictures inside a Chinese watch factory

http://www.ctime.com/watch/price/378-1.html

Use google chrome browser to translate.

Thank you very kindly for sharing. The article is very interesting indeed. I can read and write Chinese perfectly well and the google translation sucks :lol:

I can perhaps take some time to do a proper translation for the benefit of all. :)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk