When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important annoucemet regards my status regarding current work

SSTEEL

Just heard from my sister, the treatment has been stopped now, for what reason exactly is unclear, but her pain relief has been increased.

Emma just sent me this when I asked why they have stopped the treatment 

Because she can't take the medication and she said it's cruel to keep trying to make her

Seems strange this to me.

It must be terrible for you to hear this, but this is not strange. Pain relief is important, no need for your mother to suffer without reason. My grandmother had cancer and when the treatment no longer had any chance of saving her from the disease the treatment was stopped and from then on they focused on saving her from the suffering.

Thanks Mike, Emma just sent this..

there is nothing more they can do x mom is dying x the myeloma has become very aggressive and has reached her lungs x

Thanks, I have been in contact with my sister all day, my mom has slept most of the day, fading in and out of a sleep state, when awake, she is unable to talk properly, but appears to know who's there with her, my aunties, uncles, and family have all been to the ward today too.

Just heard from Emma that she managed to eat some ice cream this evening, so thats a good thing.  My other sister, Kerry will be staying with her overnight in the ward.

Her comfort is now paramount. She maybe holding out for you to get to her, don't make her wait. Fingers crossed that you get there in time to comfort her.

• Like 1

Kernow, Micky and AJ, please go have a couple rounds of beers on me when you get the chance. I'm holding out hope you'll make it in time. Someone PM me the damage and I'll cover it.