When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Little White Lies We're Supposed To Tolerate?

Pugwash

...but when thieves become majority customers, then the honor among thieves might work against some of the thieves -- so to say...

What????????????????????????????????????? :g: explain yourself, please

please give a 20seconds and check the paypal account of the sellers when you pay to them :)

1000+ transactions... (I'm not talking about especially someone. I mean every seller who is known among the community)

there are very few guys around the replica world who "know" or "care" about horology, quality, etc.

(how many people are there around replica forums who are active? 25? 50? 100? maybe 200... that's all :))

%80 or %90 or %95 of the people buying these watches don't know anything about watches! nor they want to know... and they don't need to know... they just want to get a "golden rolex" or a "watch with real diamonds"... :) and they can't tell the difference between a $100 asian movt fiddy and $100.000 geunine 203... let alone judge the other small details... be absolutely sure that %99.9999 of the people you meet in the wild don't care/understand if your so-loved panerai has a true higher cannon pin... :) it is only a self satisfaction...

so the dealers won't try to satisfy the small amount of fellow members who are aware of what's happening... they don't care to make you happy, because they have a huuuuge bunch of ignorant customers... so don't waste your breath...

that's my 2 cents.

Edited by deepsea

so the dealers won't try to satisfy the small amount of fellow members who are aware of what's happening... they don't care to make you happy, because they have a huuuuge bunch of ignorant customers... so don't waste your breath...

You don't think they care what we think? You don't think we matter to them?

I disagree, and more importantly, I think they disagree too.

I for one applaud pugwash's posting, i'm a noob too, and I sincerely appreciate getting the facts as quickly as I can. However I also am fully aware that most of the buying public are ripped off by scam sites, which by and large, the dealers here do not do. perhaps all we need is some simple clarification of terms?

"1:1" and "perfect" are the two that really [censored] me off...

dealers, show me ONE rep that will accommodate "every" piece/part a gen utilizes!!!

just show me one!!! please!!!

after years of rep'ing, lets say, rolex models (which haven't changed in YEARS) you would think a 1:1 or perfect model would be available!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe we should pass this on to the chinese:

REPLICA: An exact duplicate of the original, using the same materials and manufacturing techniques as were used to produce the original article.

www.aeroflight.co.uk/definitions.htm

Thanks

PP

Edited by poopypants

I agree with pugwash, when I came to the first RGW I was looking for a way to detect fakes (now I buy fakes :) ) and in the search I found a lot of scam sites: “ Swiss 27 jewel eta”, "italian made", etc. If a dealer says that the watch has sapphire crystal we should expect a watch with sapphire crystal (well, synthetic sapphire), not mineral, not harder glass or whatever. And if you buy a watch advertised with an eta 2892 and you received a seagull, then that is not different to the swiss 27 jewel eta thing… a scam, not a white lie; “perfect” seadweller is a white lie.

When a lie is told over time it often becomes the truth to many. For years these dealers have advertised their watches as 1:1 etc, and have had few complaints . This topic comes on the heals of our dealers legal persecution and website havoc. To be branded liars on top of it would leave them somewhat exasperated to say the least. Now, Pugs, topic is excellent and raises a very good point. Let's call a spade a spade and tell the truth when it comes to product description of watches. I feel confident that the dealers will change their language, and that word, language,is key here. These guys are Chinese merchants and not exactly linquistic wizards. That is no excuse for lying, but I am not convinced it is done in the spirit of fraud.

It would seem to me that our 'friends' feel as they are under attack and due to the different culture, let's all give them the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to correct the 'language' of description. :victory:

My suggestion is to start a new topic called "Dealer Lies" and have everyone post the truth about individual models being offered by various dealers. Then the buyers can decide for themselves. After all, isn't that one of the main purposes of this forum and the others???

The witchhunt is unnecessary. This thread alone is enough to make sure any alleged offendors and purchasers take a bit more care in future when interpreting descriptions. It required vigilance on both sides!

Silix's official statement:

When we state in our listing, swiss ETA movement or ETA movement, we mean true genuine swiss eta movement. We will soon replace the terms with "genuine swiss ETA movement" on www.silix-prime.com and elsewhere. So far we have not offerred any chinese/asian copy of 25j ETA movement watches. Coz we are still not very sure about the reliability of this movement, we can't afford to see a high defect rate on any of the movements we sell. We closely follow the performance of the movement, and will introduce this movement when we gain enough confidence in it. If we do, we will clearly state the movement as "Chinese/asian copy of 25J ETA Movement".

So please feel comfortable and safe with shopping at www.silix-prime.com and www.watchsilix.com. U have our guarantee on the quality.

So that's a tick for TTK and Silix so far, still lots of dealers to come.

I wouldn't expect many of the smaller/non-Asian ones to reply as to do so may jeopardise their chinese links, and I am only really hoping for a reply from Josh and Trusty as I don't give a flying fish about Wo-Mart. He's always lied and will continue to do so, and no forum upstart like me is ever going to get him to change.

I don't give a flying fish about Wo-Mart. He's always lied and will continue to do so, and no forum upstart like me is ever going to get him to change.

Easy tiger...that's not entirely fair and I've read you admit it's a personal peccadillo of yours before. If they're all pulling the wool over our eyes, then they should be tarred with the same brush, no?

Easy tiger...that's not entirely fair and I've read you admit it's a personal peccadillo of yours before. If they're all pulling the wool over our eyes, then they should be tarred with the same brush, no?

Hey, I'm not an admin/moderator. I don't have to be unbiased. :D

He's currently the only dealer stating watches with seagulls in them are ETAs. Not Asian ETAs, he states "ETA 2894" and that's not even secret code for Seagull ST18, it's blatant and outright scamming. He's by far the worst of the lot.

Hey, I'm not an admin/moderator. I don't have to be unbiased. :D

He's currently the only dealer stating watches with seagulls in them are ETAs. Not Asian ETAs, he states "ETA 2894" and that's not even secret code for Seagull ST18, it's blatant and outright scamming. He's by far the worst of the lot.

Aren't you undermining your own argument?! Aren't white lies, grey lies and black lies all lies?

It's totally fair enough not to be unbiased, but it hardly helps the issue at hand.

Besides - bashing Paul while leg-humping EL - it ain't a good look ;) (I'm teasing)

[EDIT: Meant EL®-Dirk®, not Eddie Lee!]

Besides - bashing Paul while leg-humping EL - it ain't a good look ;) (I'm teasing)

Eddie is another dealer I've never bought from. I hear good things, though. Care to comment on the thread, Eddie?

Sure about that?

I am lead to believe that this movement also are something else than ETA 2892-2.

Ouch. That is uncalled for, Trusty. Back of the class for you. :thumbdown:

ps. I don't feel I am undermining my own argument, as you can have different shades of black. Yes, all lying is equal, but some is more equal than others.

Ouch. That is uncalled for, Trusty. Back of the class for you. :thumbdown:

No, no. Not Andrew. That was actually Joshua.

I asked about this 2892-issue, and he clarified this and said sorry for being giving incorrect information.

I did not care so much then, I knew what I bought from reading different posts about this specific topic previous to the purchase I did from a fellow member, that was the good thing tough. But IMO the movement information provided correctly is an important issue for those of us not able to spot a movement from pictures.

I myself read a-lot and when I finally do another purchase, the movement-info better be right.