When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Boycott the Asian7750

2sweetau

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more paperweights with a dead 7750 inside than any other movement in my collection.

So I have stopped buying reps with this movement because its a waste of my money, guess this is kind of a financial boycott then.

However, I am considering buying the Breitling Chrono Avenger Titanium with the old 7750 and changing out to the Swiss 7750 movement.

I've said it before. I don't think the 28k 7750 is up to par with the previous 21k version. Given the option I would choose the 21k every time. The 21k is also an easier swap with the swiss versions.

My mileage varies from yours. 2 x 21k 7750s that bit the dust within the first month, one was serviced and then subsequently developed another problem. I currenty have 2 watches with the 28k that are still going strong after 6 months. I think it's a bit of a crapshoot with either variant but my own experiences put me off the 21k version for good.

I am with you my friend my just died after six month, still works but the chrono will not start and is I start it the watch will stop. Definitely a beautiful watch. But a piece of junk.

Just to service the watch is $200.00

I am not buying chronos anymore, this was my first and last. That is why I was staying away from them. lack of quality

I have my own personal boycott against the Asian 7750. Actually, I have stopped buying anything chrono. I've had problems with automatic chronos as well as quatrz chronos subdials not resetting.

Funny thing is, I was shopping for a Tag Formula 1 last weekend and the AD had a killer deal on the chrono and base models. But the chrono wouldn't reset properly...and that was brand new. So, I ended up buying the base model Formula 1 instead. My Swiss Army quartz has a subdial that won't reset to zero also.

I think I'm sticking to digital wrist watches when it comes to chronos. My Timex Expedition works just fine every time. :rolleyes:

damn sorry bout your experience bro, but different perspective here, i guess im just lucky. i've been very fortunate that all the a7750 ive have(had) 21k or 28k was(is) really good. i get mine serviced right away as soon as i get it as a small preventive measure. it's really a crapshoot tho as the most problematic watch i had was a swiss 7750 :o

Have bot had any significant problems with any of my 7750 movements regardless of the beat rate......same with my customers as far as I know......I've sold about 9 / 10 Daytonas w secs @ 6..........not had one back......the most significant problem was with my own grey dial TAG Link chrono.....slipping second hand......customer easily sorted it using The Zigmeister's method.....!

I suppose it re-inforces my viewpoint all along.......these watches are replicas....meant to look like the original ...not perform like them....!

I also believe that too many people buy a chrono....and then [censored] about with it....timing boiling eggs.....or how long their farts last.......pressing and resetting....pressing and resetting......even the originals don't stand up to well to it......but that's JMHO.....!

I just received the new Chronomat Evolution aka 'BCE ultimate' (asian 7750) from the BEST dealer around and it already has resetting problems. My Bentley GT (same dealer same movement) had the same problem and according to The Zigmeister it is caused by a jammed up chrono cam (click). I e-mailed with the dealer and he said many reps suffer from this problem and as long as it resets corectly to 12 I have nothing to worry about :bye1: .....

I'm all for the boycott. No more Asian 7750 after this!!

Edited by Rolexman

The phrase 'you pays your money and you take your chance' comes to mind. From what i've read on this site, with ANY 'replica' you buy you take the risk that some time down the line it will develop a problem. How soon depends on what direction the wind was blowing and how much sake was drunk the night before etc. You have to remember that although they look like the real thing they are just a $25 watch or 'Mutton dressed as lamb' as my grandma used to say.

I haven't bought a chronograph yet due to the well known problems the Asian 7750 has and because Swiss7750 replicas are relatively expensive. However, I can hear the BCE ultimate (white dial with black leather :wub: ) calling my name. I just haven't decide wether I can afford to take the $350 or the $600 risk :black_eye:

edit: Just seen the post above!

Edited by RichBlack

I've come to the conclusion, and I may get flamed for this :whistling: , that most of the problems people have with these movements is just simple user error/neglect. I've got at least 6 of these movements that are on my winder/wrist all the time with no issues. Now I don't run the chronos. I don't go around saying, "look ma its a mechanical chronograph" as I proceed to start and reset on haste whenever I feel like it. I only reset the chrono between 55 and 5 seconds positions so no reset issues. I follow the rules on setting the date/time so I don't jam the 4 hour date mechanism. And I don't drop my watches from 4 or 5 feet in the air! I work on cars for a living and wear them to work all the time with no issues. I just don't get this boycott. Based on my experience with these movements I would put them up against the ETA 7750 any day.

All of these statements of course apply only to the newest 28,800 bph asian 7750. And only for the models that are unmodified. I won't buy an Ingenueir/Portugese Chrono nor will I invest in a Seconds at 6 Daytona. According to a professional smith these movements are hacked and are doomed to have serious mechanical issues. Also I wouldn't buy a 21,600 bph Asian 7750 unless I were planning on a Swiss swap before it ever even went on my wrist. These movements weren't finished as well nor were they assembled as well as the newer 28,800 version.

Cheers and try to stay positive people. We are buying replicas for a fraction of the price. Remember they are mechanical watches that have many many many very small moving components. If you treat it like a 25 quartz casio its going to give you issues, Swiss (ETA) movement or not.

:victory: