When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you tell people at work that you are wearing reps?

Jawo

absolutely. i'm not trying to fool anybody but myself; it's an interesting conversation to have with folks. i've actually helped two people from my work choose a rep.

also, kind of hard to explain these packages that keep arriving from china :whistling:

have fun with it :tu:

deltatahoe

I tell them the truth- That the watch on my wrist is one that I built.

I do break down the parts content... And when rep parts are involved, I absolutely disclose that information. Most are fascinated by the idea... And I'm oft times asked to commission a watch for someone (to which I usually decline) :)

In my experience, a lot of people are intrigued with the idea of counterfeit items; especially the good ones. The usual response to the topic of replicas (that I've encountered) is: 'Where can I get one?'

:lol:

With out a doubt I always reveal that my watch is a rep and usually way before anyone asks, you get a lot of interest when people see the quality of these reps, however you will get a lot of embarassment should someone call you first.

Ken

also, kind of hard to explain these packages that keep arriving from china

My secretary always gives me a smirk when a package arrives. Everyone always wants to know what i bought now. I agree that peope are always facinated with good quality reps. One of my colleagues just bought a gen 18K yachtmaster. I was wearing my trusty YG day date and we got to talking. I told him it was a rep and he said I never would have guessed. That must be a good one.

I have no problem telling people when i am wearing a rep. My collection always has a couple gens on rotation as well.

I tell them they're real. Screw it. I wear gens and reps. Everybody know I own some expensive watches. I could wear a different watch everyday of the week, nobody I work with or deal knows the difference. I jacked with a guy that had on a gen. Submariner at work the other day. I said "are you sure that's not a fake?". He defended his and never questioned mine :lol:. I've been the watch repair guy at work for years. Nobody questions my authoriti' :victory: .

I have only had one person ever ask about one of my watches and that was years ago. My co-workers could care less - in fact I have found people to be very into themselves and observe very little outside their own sphere of interest. There just arn't many watch people outside of these forums. Cheers

yes, but just because it's a small company and we are all owners. All my customers think they are real though. Just fun to put one over on them since "buyers are liars" and all. My customers really get their money's worth from me, so I don't feel bad about it.

I don't volunteer it, but if someone asks me about my watch I tell them its a rep. It's been a while since anyone i work with has noticed my watches anyway.

since I am the General Manager in my company...I think that everyone thinks that I wear gen's...but in the end I really doubt that anybody in my company is aware of the brands of reps I have...but when I am asked, I do tell that the nice watches I have are reps...

I always tell it is a rep but I have to agree with those that say most never look or notice. I think it is just us guys and the gen forumns that go around looking at wrists or try to spot the model in a movie. We are in the minority.

Usil

If asked "is your watch a fake" I say "what do you think " and then hand it over to them for inspection , most of the time they say wow , this thing is real but I usually don't let on unless they outright ask me ..

When told "it's a replica" I usually get "No F'ing Way" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Zed