When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The guy could be telling the truth, however the only thing that bothers me is where the tube-hole is located on his so-called 1:1 (klik for image)

All his other pics of complete subs (Z-model) show a crown sitting too low.

ah well, seems business is good since exposure from RWG ;)

Time to fezz up, who placed an order? :whistling:

Edited by slickdick

I think both are replica cases.

Please take a look at picture #13 where the crystals are shown.

You can clearly appreciate the etched rolex crown in both crystals.

Both the same size.

Boy, I heard that in genuine crystals you cant see the etched crown by naked eye.

I have the idea that not all pictures show the same two watches. The pixx where they show what's between the lugs, show completely dirrent lugs. The shape is different, the size is different... and of course one has engraving between the lugs. Why? I don't know... it seems the genuine has no engraving between the lugs and the fake does. This is a comlete mistery to me...

I think both are replica cases.

Please take a look at picture #13 where the crystals are shown.

You can clearly appreciate the etched rolex crown in both crystals.

Both the same size.

Boy, I heard that in genuine crystals you cant see the etched crown by naked eye.

Yes you can see the crown in certain light conditions on the genuine watch.

I ordered one two weeks ago and have heard nothing since. I wanted George to send proper finshed photos before completion of the order but he has not done so yet and the pics he has posted on his site are not good enough. This finshed watch is nothing like the prototype pics so far.

both etched crowns are almost the same size...or same size.

I dont have a gen rollie, but maybe gen owners can clarify this mistery.

seeing two cases compared one gainst each other means nothing to me.

all in all both are made of steel, both have the same diameter, both have a very similar bezel.

Both have the same finish..

What counts is the milimetric construction. Otherwise a gen crystal wont fit, case will need to be modded to fit gen tube and so...

both etched crowns are almost the same size...or same size.

I dont have a gen rollie, but maybe gen owners can clarify this mistery.

seeing two cases compared one gainst each other means nothing to me.

all in all both are made of steel, both have the same diameter, both have a very similar bezel.

Both have the same finish..

What counts is the milimetric construction. Otherwise a gen crystal wont fit, case will need to be modded to fit gen tube and so...

Fitting a gen crystal can be done (maybe on some models perhaps, i don't know) but i cant find the topic, but recently a member did let a watchaker put a gen crystal on a rolex gmt rep.

Edited by slickdick

• 3 weeks later...
I'm having a go at $499 jus to see what happens and ordered one earlier this week. I'm happy to be a guineapig for the board on this one. I'm in the fortunate position not to miss the money if it does not work out and will be able to confirm or deny the details if it ever comes off which I doubt at this stage. I received an order number but nothing else. I also stated I would only complete the order subject to detailed pictures of the finsihed model including bracelet. Time will tell!

@ "watcher":

So has this piece arrived yet? Any pics?

I find the comments regarding WM9 very interesting, unfortunately quite a few seem to come from ignorance.

some a long time ago a member of RWG ... convinced another of the quiete honest ... quality ... features of WM9... unfortunately the result was disappointing ... is this ignorance? ... still here .... on RWG the post that I speak ... is ignorance? I believe that they are correct suggestions in accord of the nature of this forum ...

My opinion

Watchmaker9 have idebtical reps of tt, perfect, precious ecc.. but prices is very high

The forum of watchmaker9 is a scam, they cancelled posts whith critic valutation.

NOT GOOD

I seriously doubt these Submariner cases have only been produced for Watchmaker9. There's a rep factory working on this case, and I'm sure the other dealers will get this same watch when it surfaces.

Watchmaker's previous "perfect" Sub was a ETA Noobmariner. I bet the new model will be just as "exclusive" as that. This is just my prediction though.

No, they don't.

Yeah go get a Noob or begin-mariner and fully mod it for less than the price of this watchmaker9 mystery watch. He sounds pretty shifty to me. Pricing way to high for what you get.

Get a "noob", mod the guards and case, put on a GEN crown, insert and ETA movement and you've got an AMAZING rep for cheap.

Lonnie

• 2 months later...

Finally received the 1:1 copy after 3 months. Like Watchmaker said, it is exactly what he has delivered. The only fault is that the bezel is not tightly attached and can easily come off. The ss strap is not hollow linked. However, the cyclop magnification is identical to the real thing. Overall, it is one of the best replica that I had ever purchased. I need not show photos because they are identical to the ones watchmaker had shown.

Finally received the 1:1 copy after 3 months. Like Watchmaker said, it is exactly what he has delivered. The only fault is that the bezel is not tightly attached and can easily come off. The ss strap is not hollow linked. However, the cyclop magnification is identical to the real thing. Overall, it is one of the best replica that I had ever purchased. I need not show photos because they are identical to the ones watchmaker had shown.

Nice first post. Pictures would help, by the way, even if you don't think they would.

Agree...Pictures would be very helpful...