When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will do Oli. I have one for my new SD when it arrives but a gen insert would be nice.

@Stephane I have had every Sub going over the last 6 years so there is no point stopping now! I'm not looking for 100% perfection but this does have some merits if it ever arrives.

One thing I have noticed on these new generation Rolex reps is the crown tube and crown. The new SD and this WM9 Sub have a gen sized tube and crown so I guess fitting a Gen crown should be a straight swap. I have 2 here waiting for a transplant into these watches so fingers crossed on that point. ;)

I wonder how many views the review post will have in the first 24 hours!!!

Will do Oli. I have one for my new SD when it arrives but a gen insert would be nice. @Stephane I have had every Sub going over the last 6 years so there is no point stopping now! I'm not looking for 100% perfection but this does have some merits if it ever arrives. One thing I have noticed on these new generation Rolex reps is the crown tube and crown. The new SD and this WM9 Sub have a gen sized tube and crown so I guess fitting a Gen crown should be a straight swap. I have 2 here waiting for a transplant into these watches so fingers crossed on that point. ;) I wonder how many views the review post will have in the first 24 hours!!!
These 2 latest-greatest-most-perfect-sub/SD threads are interesting reads. It's interesting that a gray area guy like WM9 had the cojones to do what I've always expected one of our smaller, hungrier dealers to to--fire up a CNC shop and try to do a small run of excellent sub cases. That's too bad because someone over in china who's less greedy than WM9 could make a tidy little sum putting out a reasonably priced run of 2892 (or even 2892 lite) subs with a CNCed case, decent aftermarket inset, and noobmariner dials and bracelets, even if the only buyers are on the forums. The other interesting thing is that it should now be clear to even the most delusionally optimistic among us that we're never going to see a sub or SD that approaches 1:1 until the people that make these things become convinced that folks will shell out the dough for 2892 powered versions. Sadly, I don't see that happening either--most sane people (unlike us) would rather plunk down a Franklin for a Noobmariner-- which will fool everyone on the planet who doesn't know about a 1/2 mm too low crown or .75mm too shallow rehaut, which is to say almost everyone on earth. My only comment on WM9's piece is that anyone who plunks down 1/4 the value of a used gen on a 2836 powered rep is a brave dude indeed

I received the much anticipated WM9 Sub today. They must have sent it at the end of last although I was only told yesterday about shipping.

It is from what I know of these, a TW best latest edition and is very close to the genuine case. The bezel fits exactly as per Gen and resembles the MBW vintage fitment types with a large rubber gasketed clamping plate that fits around the gasket holding in the crystal. The bezel then fits to this with the OEM style clicker.

The case is very well done. They have made the rehaut slightly more shallow and now looks perfect for depth allowing the crown to sit in the middle of the guards. They are now using an OEM size crown tube as per the new SD too so a fitting of gen crowns will be easy. Generally this is the best out of the box Sub I have seen yet and yes it is overpriced from WM9 and hopefully will be available from other dealers soon. I will post pics later tonight when I get home in a review thread.

Give it one month, and every dealer on this board (and then some) will have it. Of course, this will be perfectly timed for the appearance of an unreleased & over-priced SD.

The next link in the evolution of "super" reps.

While everybody seems to treat this watch as something new (like the new SD) and suggest "everybody" and then some will get it too, it should be noted that this guy "george" has been selling this piece for many months now.

I don't know if it's any good (could be crap for all I care), but the "wait a little, and everybody will have it" has been said several months ago by other forumers as well and after all this time nobody has it (doesn't look good on this regard I'm afraid ).

While everybody seems to treat this watch as something new (like the new SD) and suggest "everybody" and then some will get it too, it should be noted that this guy "george" has been selling this piece for many months now.

I don't know if it's any good (could be crap for all I care), but the "wait a little, and everybody will have it" has been said several months ago by other forumers as well and after all this time nobody has it (doesn't look good on this regard I'm afraid ).

I hear you but, although it was announced several months ago I don't think any were actually shipped out until now. I am pretty sure that watcher signed up a long time ago for this watch.

For clarification, this Sub wasn't out months ago (it's supposed "release" was July, specifically--according to his site); it's just a stall tactic of lying, in order to get front-money. It was just released a few days ago, because the manufacturer simply didn't have them made yet & he couldn't get his hands on any. George is not a watchmaker and didn't create this piece in the privacy of his garage, all by his lonesome; he's just a dealer like all the rest. As soon as our "collectors" get the same pieces from this factory, we'll have them too. And probably for less than this jerk-off is hocking them for.

SOLD! send them to me now!

LOL

;)

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone want to buy 2 16610 Noobs, 1 LV noob, a Josh Classic 16610, a Josh Classic LV, Beginmariner, MBW 16610, MBW 16610 LV? I am selling all 8 of them for a special package price of $655.99, I will even throw in shipping...haha ;)