When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer released soon?

Pugwash

Guest avitt
i cant see why they cant make the rubber and put that out first?

If the watch was ready for market, I'm sure that it would be made available with the rubber strap. Certainly it's not the bracelet that's holding things up...

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will know shortly. My CD is with Rob for a movement swap and relume (including the inner bezel). If it looks as good as I hope I am in. If you have ever gotten onto an elevator with a gen one then you know that Lume has to show like a torch - inner bezel included. I am not at home at the moment where I have my IWC reference materials so I will duck on the comments until next week. For all you IWC fans the Company made a fabulous 300 page reference book at the end of 2006. It is a must have for IWC fans (rep and gen alike - ;) ). An AD was nice enough to give it to me while on vacation. :)

Just went to the IWC AD and looked at the real thing. The inner bezel lume is very faint. The hands aren't so hot either. I don't think IWC uses Superluminova.

But the inner bezel clicks so nicely around. Hope the rep is comparable. Gotta get one.

I know, I know. If I put on Sahib Shihab's Companionship double LP on my AR-XA fitted with a Shure V-15 Type III fed through my massive quad-amped Sansui amps/pre's into my four AR-3a's... Sense can be made.

Or maybe I can slap in J-Dilla's final mix into my 840's trunk and drive with tears in my eyes, while bringin' smiles of sadness to cats' faces out on tha block.

It's like you're trying to speak I know it, but I just don't understand a word you're saying :unsure:

:bleh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi by the way when you all mentioned about the Aquatimer new release are you all referring to the cousteau diver 2007 edition or which model are you all referring to? On Andrew's site I did see the upcoming coustea diver but its not like the 2007 edition as the orange markings aren't there. So which model is on Andrew's site? And still wondering how come Aquatimer don't have bracelet version...

Hi by the way when you all mentioned about the Aquatimer new release are you all referring to the cousteau diver 2007 edition or which model are you all referring to? On Andrew's site I did see the upcoming coustea diver but its not like the 2007 edition as the orange markings aren't there. So which model is on Andrew's site? And still wondering how come Aquatimer don't have bracelet version...

The Aquatimer that is being released is NOT a Cousteau. It is an Aquatimer Chrono. While it is on all the dealers' sites, it's not out yet, hence the lack of price.

The 2007 Cousteau is a different watch all together.

This is not a Cousteau:

292017-4665.jpg

Errm, what's the big deal about the delay??? Same case and strap as Cousteau just need different dial, inner bezel and caseback. What's so difficult?

Well, different size (42mm, no, not the same as the 44mm Cousteau), different caseback, different strap ...

Oh, and different manufacturer. This isn't from the Cousteau/HBB/SFSO builder.

And that is why it will hopefully be cheaper. It also will hopefully improve on the bezel alignment as it is supposed to be a top notch factory. Maybe they will add those extra teeth to that cog.

It's the uPO factory, so yes, I have high hopes.

i am getting slightly impatient... there's still no news, no new pictures, no release date, no price... same goes for the Rolex SD.... and absolutely no pixx of the new GMT-II yet... it looks like all the new projects are very quiet these days... (IWC BP and Bing Ingenieur as well)