When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquatimer released soon?

Pugwash

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it will be expensive. Think about it: all of us will be buying one regardless, right? We all want one. So, we will pay. Sad, but true.

I am trying to wind down purchasing reps for this very reason.

But, like Kruzer00 said, I'm in on the BP when it comes out :D

1 or 2 more reps and I'm out... they are getting too expensive for me now. :thumbdown:

If the price is ok on this, this could be one.

I'll have to concentrate on finally getting my existing ones modded so they are even better, as well as a small project I have (as soon as I find a Jimmy CG). :victory:

To be honest I am fine with the super reps prices being slightly higher... so long that the same watches are not for sale in the streets of China or Thailand for much much less... if this is the case, I will have to start polishing my skills of telling the difference between the super and normal reps (I suck at this...even after all this time...) and start buying them myself!

keyword SLIGHTLY correct? but when they start charging ridiculous prices like $400.. thats not slightly higher.. thats ridiculously higher.. lets be honest.. ive heard guys say regardless of watever.. everyone will buy.. but guys like me couldn't afford $400 reps even if i try.. and im pretty sure there are many guys/girls out there that are like me.. so wouldn't it be profitable if they charge $300 and 1000 people buy = $300,000.. instead of $400 and only 500 people buy = $200,000? still a mystery for me.. i guess they don't teach management accounting in CHINA? :p

ohh and actually to add to that.. toyota dominates the car industry... why? coz of this reason.. ppl buy lower priced cars.. so if the rep ppl wants to maximise its profit.. then they should employ toyota's tactics.. yet they choose to promote it mercs way? which is wow im targetting the rich ppl only.. with reps tho?

ohh and actually to add to that.. toyota dominates the car industry... why? coz of this reason.. ppl buy lower priced cars.. so if the rep ppl wants to maximise its profit.. then they should employ toyota's tactics.. yet they choose to promote it mercs way? which is wow im targetting the rich ppl only.. with reps tho?

Err....don't give up the day job! ;)

Big difference between revenue and profitability. (One of the most profitable car makers in the world is Porsche, for example).

To bring it back to watches, the other thing to factor in is the dealer's time and effort.

For example, say it takes an average one hour of the dealer's time to make each sale. Say he has a $100 watch that he can sell at $150 and make 2 sales. Say he could also charge $200 and make only one sale. Which would you do? :)

Err....don't give up the day job! ;)

Big difference between revenue and profitability. (One of the most profitable car makers in the world is Porsche, for example).

To bring it back to watches, the other thing to factor in is the dealer's time and effort.

For example, say it takes an average one hour of the dealer's time to make each sale. Say he has a $100 watch that he can sell at $150 and make 2 sales. Say he could also charge $200 and make only one sale. Which would you do? :)

man i cant be effed explaining anymore.. i mean if you people agree with these mark-ups that is so ridiculous then i guess its ok.. all im saying is that i believe if they charge in the $300 area.. HELL lot more ppl are willing to pay and can actually afford it and also imo that in turn would make more profits to them (e.g. like what they're doing with UPO and submariner) i mean those 2 watches dont cost $400.. yet they are best seller.. quality wise UPO = swiss ETA, aquatimer = asian valjoux.. so again.. if you people are happy with the mark-ups then hell.. watever the cartels are doing its working well.. i guess YOU ARE their target market.. for me thats out of my price range.. and like i said im pretty sure theres alot of ppl like me out there..

Hell, I agree with you. But you have to remember that the world is controlled by the Rothschilds, Vanderbilts, DuPonts, Rockafellers, O.P.E.C., etc... In the end, you have no choice: "they" have already chosen for you what you will & will not have in your lifetime.

man i cant be effed explaining anymore.. i mean if you people agree with these mark-ups that is so ridiculous then i guess its ok.. all im saying is that i believe if they charge in the $300 area.. HELL lot more ppl are willing to pay and can actually afford it and also imo that in turn would make more profits to them (e.g. like what they're doing with UPO and submariner) i mean those 2 watches dont cost $400.. yet they are best seller.. quality wise UPO = swiss ETA, aquatimer = asian valjoux.. so again.. if you people are happy with the mark-ups then hell.. watever the cartels are doing its working well.. i guess YOU ARE their target market.. for me thats out of my price range.. and like i said im pretty sure theres alot of ppl like me out there..

I never said I was happy with the mark-ups, just pointing out that selling more for less is not necessarily more profitable.

To use your own example:

so wouldn't it be profitable if they charge $300 and 1000 people buy = $300,000.. instead of $400 and only 500 people buy = $200,000? still a mystery for me.. i guess they don't teach management accounting in CHINA?

If the watch costs the dealer $200, then at $300 they make $100,000 profit, and at $400 they also make $100,000 profit, but it's only half as much work. That would then make good sense for that dealer.

The answer for buyers that don't want to pay $400 is then to find a different dealer that will sell it to you for only $300.

:)

To use your own example:

If the watch costs the dealer $200, then at $300 they make $100,000 profit, and at $400 they also make $100,000 profit, but it's only half as much work. That would then make good sense for that dealer.

I think the dealers go crazy over all the ppl asking for a better price, moaning about the high price for an asian valjoux, complaining about the 'superrep' prizes... all emails that have to be ansewered... if they lower the price the moaning, complaints and expectations would be less. So... talk about saving time and headaches :D

I never said I was happy with the mark-ups, just pointing out that selling more for less is not necessarily more profitable.

To use your own example:

The answer for buyers that don't want to pay $400 is then to find a different dealer that will sell it to you for only $300.

:)

lol yep i agree.. but dont u think we have to consider customer satisfaction and value as well? :p see if they do put the price at 300.. coz we're all happy.. we'll buy another thing.. just say maybe aquaracer.. get wat i mean? but yeh.. ur right with saving the time.. but i just dont get why they would mark up so much if it means upsetting customers :\.. when the mark up isnt really necessary (like u said profit will be the same) but market share will go down..

lol yep i agree.. but dont u think we have to consider customer satisfaction and value as well? :p

It has been made clear where the hobby stands on that. We are happy to take one in the ass every now and then rather than offend our dealers. :black_eye:

Let's be honest, we had our opportunity, twice. We, as a community, decided we didn't care.