When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wristcheck 8-24

subzero1

Hey TT,

How do like the Gabo strap? It looks fantastic. Is this a recent vintage or one from the past? I have two of his most recent works of art. They were tanned for one year in Chianti.

Picked it up from another member...

Don't know...

TT

PS: I LOVE it - it's my favorite...

@predfan: Very nice mods you have done to your Sub. I love it.

Thank you very much. I think the 5517 is a pretty nice nodate replica for the money, but I had rather have had a 5513 with an Oyster band. There's just not many good replicas out there. I'm even leaning towards a vintage Tudor nodate. I just wish the dials weren't so expensive. :(

Edited by predfan2001

FRIDAY

My PAM 210 base from our very own TWP, on a very lovely Strap Culture strap -- the Historic Brown #2 for their Radiomir collection.

305733-71.jpg

The base PAMs are, IMHO, more choice than their more intricate ones. In fact, the more GMTs, subdials, seconds hands, and what-nots a Panerai watch has, the less appealing it looks to me now. What a difference from just 2 months ago, when I thought the exact opposite!

305733-72.jpg

YARRR!!

305733-73.jpg

SATURDAY

Only RWG knows the story, but this is my Davidsen Fiddy on black, stitchless Savage (of RWI) strap. And a friend. And a BFWP because he sometimes sleeps with me. Ka-ching!

305733-74.jpg

M-I-C ... K-E-Y ... F-I-D-D-Y

305733-75.jpg

Me looking up the Voisin roadster on Vehix.com. Wow, bad resale value. I think I'll get more on the Auto Trader.

305733-76.jpg

SUNDAY

On Sunday, I actually have a rum do, so I am trotting out the Cartier Santos in SS. I'll be wearing black, and let me tell you, nothing looks as good on black on a lady as a Cartier Santos.

305733-77.jpg

I've actually been to the Alberto Santos Dumont museum-home in Petropolis, outside of Rio. Funny chap. Great watch.

305733-78.jpg