When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Reps for under US$200 (excl mail)

bing-o

Hi guys, not sure what most of you feel about prices of reps nowadays........some reaching beyond US$400. Have the quality of reps improved so much the past year or so to justify this? Anyway, I thought it would be good to know what the experts think their top 5 reps under US$200 would be?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are LOADS of brilliant watches under $200 - they're just not always the hot 'rep of the day'.

Forget all the 7750 chronos of course; but you can still get excellent non-chrono ETA reps for under $200, not to mention the Asian 21J reps - you can't really go wrong with them because even if the movement did fail, you can swap it out for a cheap replacement.

The 42.5mm Planet Ocean is excellent (available for less than $200 from some dealers). The Omega Railmaster XXL is often overlooked. The Noobmariner is great bang for the buck. Some great Patek reps, loads of classy watches....

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like the spirit of the thread so I'll even try to stay below $150.

My suggestions:

1 - The Noobmariners (both black and LV).

2 - Silix' PAM 027 ($80 for a decent 027 w/ working PR!)

3 - All Narikaa's non-fantasy watches.

By the way guys how do I get to Ruby's website? Is she a trusted dealer?

Get yourself a VIP membership and everything will become easy! :D

That's a topic I like :-)

Most of my reps are under 200, except the VCO and the PATEK (228 and 250), although you can get the VCO OVerseas with an Asian movement for 120 dollars.

May I link to my collection in my signature ? There's no rep you see which I don't like.

As for the question : which is the best ? Only your personal tastes will answer. If you want accurate reps, of course, the range of very good reps at that price level tend to shrink : I agree in the Asian SFSO being the best bargain around. If you get it, buy it from Ruby, it's cheaper and not dropshipped.

In my personal, and probably very controversial, opinion.

"The Best Watch Under 100 Dollars USD"

5.jpg

(I have seen this one in person and it is a very scary accurate rep of a MSRP $27,000 limited edition watch.)

"The Best Watch Under 200 Dollars USD"

12.jpg

(I have never seen this watch in person, but member after member here has given nothing but rave reviews. It appears countless times in the "wristshot" threads and is a very popular watch. Also comes standard with waterproofing of 1000m.

honorable mention:

Ultimate Planet Ocean 45.5 Asian Copy.

(again, never seen it, but gets rave reviews).

Personally I think there are so many good under 200$ watches that your question is easily answered with a little exploration. Even going less money, Narikaa offers some outstanding pieces from Omega that are only &60 lbs which look splendid too. If you ask me, there is still a lot of choice in affordable selection.

Many of the watches I personally bought for myself were in the low 200s, so I can't list them here, but once you allow yourself to buy between the 200-300$ mark a whole new realm of chronos and quality is available to you...

keep well

This thread is an example of the very great store of valuable information this community has and shares!

Thank you, Bing-o for asking the question and a "still-soaking-it-up" member(I) thanks all of you who contibuted your valuable ideas to this discussion.

Several of these are on my To-Buy list anyway.

Thanks guys for all your inputs!

It seems the Superocean is a popular choice among most members that has posted their views on this topic and secondly I got the feeling Ruby is the dealer I should get this watch from.

I can't decide if it's better to get SS strap or leather strap? is the SS strap of good 316L quality?