When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of the Week Wrist Watch Check

By-Tor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks TeeJay. The thing in my hand is just a wooden ball with nails (made in India)... :)

You're more than welcome. It's an interesting item :) Is it meant as some kind of meditation aid/paper-weight/blunt instroment, or just a 'holiday 'nick-nack'?

I'm BAAAAAAACK TO THE WRISTIES! :1a:

These are live shots, just one hour old, after my enforced two-week stay in bed. If you want to know what the problem was, click here (not for those digesting). My hands and fingers are still recouping, seen here peeling. Sigh.

But I can see light at the end of the rep watch tunnel, so I'm happy! :tu:

MONDAY

By-Tor has one. Stephane has one. Raymond has a beautiful gen. And now I have one too! Ladies and gentlemen, the Rolex GMT II with upgraded black/red bezel from RWI member, Cschenone. Yay!

rolexgmtiixn0.jpg

I upgraded with a new Jubilee bracelet via RWI member, Rep-Craze. Looks mint. :)

rolexgmtiijubileevr8.jpg

The Wristie!

rolexgmtiiwristiewq9.jpg

The Restie! :lol: ...just chillaxing in the pool on a raft, like I hope you all did this Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving.

rolexgmtiiraft2bf3.jpg

TUESDAY

From Turkeys we go to Kangaroos. :p Here's my beloved Andrew PAM 113 on its new Taikonaut white Kangaroo strap.

pam113roosublr1.jpg

The Wristie. Not too shabby. :)

pam113roowristiexz7.jpg

Tie me kangaroo down, sport! Tie me can kangaroo down!

pam113rootreeum0.jpg

Me by the pool, wearing my Havaianas from J. Crew. YAY! How lovely to see the sun again. I learnt one thing during this time -- I could never be a hermit living in a cave, that's for sure. Wonder how Osama does it. :lol:

largesandal11330fi7.jpg

...great Wrist-Shots today, guys! Congrats to all.

I'm BAAAAAAACK TO THE WRISTIES! :1a:

These are live shots, just one hour old, after my enforced two-week stay in bed. If you want to know what the problem was, click here (not for those digesting). My hands and fingers are still recouping, seen here peeling. Sigh.

But I can see light at the end of the rep watch tunnel, so I'm happy! :tu:

MONDAY

By-Tor has one. Stephane has one. Raymond has a beautiful gen. And now I have one too! Ladies and gentlemen, the Rolex GMT II with upgraded black/red bezel from RWI member, Cschenone. Yay!

rolexgmtiixn0.jpg

I upgraded with a new Jubilee bracelet via RWI member, Rep-Craze. Looks mint. :)

rolexgmtiijubileevr8.jpg

The Wristie!

rolexgmtiiwristiewq9.jpg

The Restie! :lol: ...just chillaxing in the pool on a raft, like I hope you all did this Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving.

rolexgmtiiraft2bf3.jpg

TUESDAY

From Turkeys we go to Kangaroos. :p Here's my beloved Andrew PAM 113 on its new Taikonaut white Kangaroo strap.

pam113roosublr1.jpg

The Wristie. Not too shabby. :)

pam113roowristiexz7.jpg

Tie me kangaroo down, sport! Tie me can kangaroo down!

pam113rootreeum0.jpg

Me by the pool, wearing my Havaianas from J. Crew. YAY! How lovely to see the sun again. I learnt one thing during this time -- I could never be a hermit living in a cave, that's for sure. Wonder how Osama does it. :lol:

largesandal11330fi7.jpg

...great Wrist-Shots today, guys! Congrats to all.

Great to see you back with the live wrist shots :) The PAM on Kangaroo in particular looks fantastic :) I know I'd been planning to build a White Seamaster as a dress watch, but, I might have to give the E-B SMP away next week (depends if ordered watches arrive before my mini-vacation) so I've decided to get a white-dialled PAM as a dress watch and combine it with my SS bracelet :)

One question: On the last shot, your left foot is clearly visible above your hand. Where is your left leg?? :huh::o:mellow::D

Great to see you back with the live wrist shots :)

Thank you TEEJAY! :wub:

After Thursday, I'm allowed to go out as normally (I am still on antibiotics that require no direct sunlight), so I have LOADS of things to post including Me So Horny. Will let you know!

The PAM on Kangaroo in particular looks fantastic :)

I love it. I bought it second-hand on Risti, because I refuse to buy from Strapcode/Taikonaut directly. Long story. I caught them cheating. :(

But I've longed for a pure white strap since I got the Pink Croc abomination. And guess what? The Roo looks awesome on black-dialed PAMs too!

I know I'd been planning to build a White Seamaster as a dress watch, but, I might have to give the E-B SMP away next week (depends if ordered watches arrive before my mini-vacation) so I've decided to get a white-dialled PAM as a dress watch and combine it with my SS bracelet :)

Give away the E-B SMP?? Darling you're too generous...

One question: On the last shot, your left foot is clearly visible above your hand. Where is your left leg?? :huh::o:mellow::D

Hello, how big do you think my legs are?? Obviously, the left leg is covered by my arm. :bleh:

Thank you TEEJAY! :wub:

You're very welcome :)

After Thursday, I'm allowed to go out as normally (I am still on antibiotics that require no direct sunlight), so I have LOADS of things to post including Me So Horny. Will let you know!

That's awesome news :) I can empathise with the 'no direct sunlight' rules... For some reason, natural daylight is the only thing which will trigger (and does so within minutes) near-incapacitating migraines. It's wierd, because no artificial UV does it, no kind of flourescent lighting does it, not even staring at a computer monitor for +12 hours will do it, but 5-10 minutes of anything brighter than 'overcast' and bam. Migraine. As a result, I wear sunglasses 99% of the time when I'm outside. Also, (not sure if it's related) but if in a car at night, I find the lights from oncoming traffic incredibly uncomfortable. It doesn't trigger the migraines, but it will make my eyes feel like they're about to explode sideways :o Oh well, at least when I eventually get round to driving, I'll be able to have fully tinted windows :lol:

I love it. I bought it second-hand on Risti, because I refuse to buy from Strapcode/Taikonaut directly. Long story. I caught them cheating. :(

It's an awesome purchase, it does look really good :) Never good to catch someone cheating though :(

But I've longed for a pure white strap since I got the Pink Croc abomination. And guess what? The Roo looks awesome on black-dialed PAMs too!

Sounds interesting, I'm sure that combo will appear in a wrist shot soon :)

Give away the E-B SMP?? Darling you're too generous...

Bit of a long story, but I'd promised watches to two of my best friends. I'd bought the AP RO for one, then changed my mind, ordered him a 111h, and figured I'd give the AP RO to the other. Now it turns out the 111h won't arrive before I go away monday, so that means giving one friend the AP RO as originally planned, and giving the E-B SMP to the other, as, he already has a quarts SS with E-B dial, so think he'd prefer the Omega to the AP. Of course, this does mean I'd get to keep the 111h when it arrives, but, I'm still waiting to hear back on an estimate for the repairs to mine, so that could mean I have two... If that does happen, then guess what will be going out on a Freebie Friday ;)

Hello, how big do you think my legs are?? Obviously, the left leg is covered by my arm. :bleh:

Not so much the size of your legs, just the angle and position I would expect given the angle of your foot :D I'd've exptected to either see your thigh (if sitting) between the bottom of the picture and the strap, or your foot between the bottom of the picture and the strap (if standing) It just kind of looks like an optical illusion :D

[Edit to add]

Just realized that your elbow is likely resting on your knee, and you're leaning forwards to get the shot... That makes sense :D

Edited by TeeJay

It doesn't trigger the migraines, but it will make my eyes feel like they're about to explode sideways :o Oh well, at least when I eventually get round to driving, I'll be able to have fully tinted windows :lol:

You're photosensitive, and it's not as uncommon as you might think. The late Queen of Italy, Marie-Jos

You're more than welcome. It's an interesting item :) Is it meant as some kind of meditation aid/paper-weight/blunt instroment, or just a 'holiday 'nick-nack'?

It's kind of 'nick-nack' they throw at you in accessory shops, nothing else. It has some interesting graphic effect, though. I have used it on some of my gallery photos...

EDIT: At least you don't have "photic sneeze reflex": those who do start sneezing when they stare into the sun. It's a big problem with some aviators!

Ah ha! So that's what it's called. I've had this condition since my teens, my wife just thinks it's comical, but I don't even have to look at the sun directly, even a reflection through a window will trigger it B)

prof