When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

cronsell

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

friday0421.jpg

After spending the day being extra careful not to dent the Daytona (I just noticed that 1 of the pins in my gen springbars broke & the springbar popped out of 1 of the lugs -- sometimes new (aftermarket) parts are actually better than the damned vintage part), I am on my way out the door with the beater in search of a burger.

The beater

genparts020bw1.jpg

gen Triplock crown & tube

genparts0051.jpg

working Helium valve

genparts0021.jpg

gen 93150 bracelet & NOS 580 end links

genparts0091.jpg

CGs shaped to match a DRSD on doubleredseadweller

genparts20051.jpg

The burger (veggie)

vegburger.jpg

TGIF

FRIDAY

Ladies and gentlemen, the OEM Jules Verne Alligator Nubuck, on the DSN 113! :clap2:

dsn113jvlvtonguexl7.jpg

My mother is a hard lady to please -- but even she was impressed. "That's the best strap you ever bought".

dsn113lvscoobscl2.jpg

Deep inside my Louis Vuitton Cabas Clear Ambre Monogramme Mezzo Tote. :wub:

dsn113jvlvdeeptl5.jpg

Mother and Daughter, stylin'. :tu:

dsn113jvlvmummewristietq3.jpg

SATURDAY

That JV strap is hard to top, but I think I did it below. Presenting my new Silix Daytona with silver registers!!

rolexdaytonasilverregisdi5.jpg

Gorgeous pointy crown guards!

rolexdaytonacrownsideqv3.jpg

I know it's not as good as Freddy's, Ubi's or By-Tor's, but by golly, for 37 Euro, this PLAYS.

rolexdaytonadialqh9.jpg

HOT. :sun:

rolexdaytonawristieai4.jpg

SUNDAY

Hey, what's this? A NATO strap on the Silix Rolex Explorer?

rolexexplorernatowristiuz0.jpg

Ka-ching! :victory:

rolexexplorernatofoldovxd9.jpg

...sorry I'm a bit late posting, but hope this Wristcheck was worth waiting for! HAGWE! :)

Pretty boring but these 2 are about all I wear anymore. Just waiting for my new insert for the one on the NATO so I can vintage it. These 2 perform so well I just don't want to wear anything else. I do smell a SMP in my future though when I sell my UPO.

3-1.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

HOT. :sun:

rolexdaytonawristieai4.jpg

SUNDAY

Hey, what's this? A NATO strap on the Silix Rolex Explorer?

rolexexplorernatowristiuz0.jpg

Ka-ching! :victory:

rolexexplorernatofoldovxd9.jpg

Victoria...that Daytona shot looks PERFECT...fit for print!!! The Explorer I on Nato...that's my next watch! :yeah: I've got a different idea about strap choice (my Bond Zulu will go on my Explorer II that's in the mail)...for me, the Explorer I is the only Rolex that looks great with leather, truly a CLASSY piece!!!

Pretty boring but these 2 are about all I wear anymore. Just waiting for my new insert for the one on the NATO so I can vintage it. These 2 perform so well I just don't want to wear anything else. I do smell a SMP in my future though when I sell my UPO.

3-1.jpg

A year ago, I wouldn't have understood this.

Today, I smile and nod. ;)

I have two vintage rollies that are fully modded that have supplanted everything else in my collection.

Freddy, I've got to ask you about that helium valve mod some time.

I went to the post office wearing this:

Mar8thWristshot.jpg

And left the post office wearing this!!!

Mar8thWristshot2.jpg

While I wait for my noobmariner LV from TTK, I decided to buy an inferior (wokmariner) rep for $50 from one of the other boards...I like it, it's my first Rolex, and definitely not my last!

FRIDAY

Ladies and gentlemen, the OEM Jules Verne Alligator Nubuck, on the DSN 113! :clap2:

dsn113jvlvtonguexl7.jpg

Vic great combo but for that amount of money you should have gotten a normal length strap and not open an extra hole on a long one. :D

Nevertheless a beauty and perfect combo with the 113 ;)

Vic great combo but for that amount of money you should have gotten a normal length strap and not open an extra hole on a long one. :D

I knew you'd say something of the sort. -_-

Almost all my OEMs are 115/95, such as my OEM rubber diver. It took me AGES to find a JV strap of that size -- due to the fact that even the OEM buckles give me a powerful nickel allergy chafing under my wrist. To the side, not so much.

If I'm spending that kind of money, I might as well get one I'll actually use in comfort.

Nevertheless a beauty and perfect combo with the 113 ;)

Thanks.