When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Test Special: Replica Divers' Watches

U sir are a GEM!

The effort, the writeup, the time it took i mean where to stop ... phenomenal post i think its time this posts get gathered on one place on the boards ;)

My hat of to you B. I'm glad ill be able to shake ure hand in person again really soon ;) ... drinks on me ...

Regards Laz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tis a pity we no longer have Post of the Month, although this would rate as post of the year.

You are most assuredly a great part of our little community.

Thank you for taking the time.

Ken

Thank you all for your kind replies, gentlemen!

I would not spend so much time (and a genuine PO strap :lol: ) if it wouldn't be so nice here.

Amazing writeup, as usual. I think your articles are so legendary that you should receive entirely your own section for them.

Thank you, that would be more than I could ask. I don't know if I have written enough reports to fill it, yet?

Really an honour, Sir!

I enjoyed reading it.

When is the next review ?? :D

Carpe Diem

Cats

Next will be the diver chrono test. I will start a poll which watches should be in it and I will try my best to buy them (have some already). :)

Hope to start writing on it, soon.

U sir are a GEM!

The effort, the writeup, the time it took i mean where to stop ... phenomenal post i think its time this posts get gathered on one place on the boards ;)

My hat of to you B. I'm glad ill be able to shake ure hand in person again really soon ;) ... drinks on me ...

Regards Laz

I'll take your word on that S.! :D

Seriously, really looking forward to see ALL of you again, soon!

Thank you soo much. Amazing time and effort.

If your test tells us anything it's that WR in reps is marginal at best. I am so miffed at the SOSF...the dealers are selling these as 1000M resistant watches. What a crock.

Thank you, too! Please keep in mind that the SFSO made a good result, too. I actually snorcheled in the mediteranean sea, so the saltwater might have attacked the gaskets. Probably. My other guess is that factories try to make this rep so good that they drill a HeV into the case to make it as close to the gen as possible - but then they are technically not able to seal it as it should.

Nice day!

SD, I spent about an hour reading this on the train this morning and was thoroughly entertained! Great job and thanks for all the effort that obviously went in to doing it. Your write-ups are definitely the most informative reviews that I have ever seen on these boards. Would love to see a similar comparison of chronographs, specifically the SMP Chrono :)

I liked the idea of testing some low priced gens in the same manner and offered SD4K my Seiko, Citizen and TagHeuer Genuines as a comparison but his better judgement prevailed as he didn't want to be responsible for my watches being ruined in the test or lost in shipment. Actually, I have no doubt that even my 11 year old Seiko Diver would pass with flying colors. Reps are just too unreliable when it comes to WR. Yes, there are many owners out there who wil attest to great performance but WR is a watch to watch crap shoot and not something that can be relied on accross the board in either a brand or a design.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...