When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My little friend has gone

sssurfer

After a ten months daily fight against what could not be avoided, today I had to surrender and let my little friend go. Persisting obstinately to keep him here would have made him suffer.

He is not the first one to leave, still he had been the first one to come, the one who uncorked the plenty we put up after. It was a cold december on the street and he asked to get took up in my arms. We have no children and these tiny, furry, fuzzy beings are those that we are able to love.

Along the twelve years that followed, he proved a delightful cat and a faithful friend, almost dog-like but for his discretion and self-restraint. Just looking at him, or telling his name, was enough to make him purr. He loved me more than I love myself. He never damaged one single bit of our furnishing and home -- you cat lovers know what I mean.

I now see that my poor English is completely inadequate to tell my feelings. How can I say? All cats, all pets, are special. He was very special to me.

Addio Miciomacio, amico mio, I hope I am wrong and there is a place where you just rejoined that other kitty you liked so much, and you together are now running and playing and purring each other, and you know how much we loved both you too. We'll never forget you.

mm1vd7.jpgmm2lq8.jpg

mm3dm3.jpg

mm4jm4.jpg

mm5no7.jpg

mm6fb3.jpg

mm7ay3.jpg

mm8cg8.jpg

Guest farquar
All cats, all pets, are special. He was very special to me.

So true..I have 2, love all animals but Ive always been partial to cats..Deepest condolences.

cat lovers know what I mean.

I now see that my poor English is completely inadequate to tell my feelings. How can I say? All cats, all pets, are special. He was very special to me.

[

Please do not ever say your English is poor.

I have spoken with you by PM,......... never found one mistake.

The message here comes through loud, clear and understandable by anyone.

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

Time is a great healer, ..............to love, and be loved , nothing more can anyone want.

ss,

I feel your pain.

As a dog lover, who some time back lost his faithful mate after 17 years, I know just how you feel right now.

Take some positives from the fact, that he is now in a better place, and won't have to experience the pain of a slow departure.

You are a wonderful person to feel this to the point of sharing, and I'm sure your wonderful mate would also understand this.

Grieve, but remember the good times.

Offshore

Thanks fellows (by wifey too), your kind words are a sooth indeed.

Thanks for sharing your loss with us M...

I really think it's cool that folks feel close enough to this community to bring stuff like this here...

As I've always said - Our common ground is Watches, but our home is sooo much more...

Time will heal, but you'll never forget...

Our animals are part of the family...

Warm regards,

TT

Ssurfer, I am very sorry for your loss, pets have a unique place in our lives.

I have a 17 year old cat named Lucy, quite the personality, I know what you must be going through.

Mate, I'mm not a cat person but feel for your loss. A few years ago I lost my mate of near nineteen years "Number Two"(he was a sh*t of a puppy). I gave him the same type of send off over at the atomicmpc forum and understand what you'r going thru. As long as the pics stay up at PB he will live on here. Puting down a beloved pet is one of the hardest decisions we can make in life.

In Two's case it was one tick too many. That damn dog cost me thousands in vet bills over the years and he was worth every last cent.

Your english is more than good enough to convey your feelings and we feel for you.

cat3-.gif

The Ad-Dressing Of Cats

T. S. Eliot

You

My parents had two Irish setters, and the other one was 16 when he finally passed away. It was very tough moment, as I grew up with them.

My condolences too. Pets are nothing less than family members.