When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RobbieG lives...

RobbieG

I know there are those here who may be disappointed, but my trip to the emergency room a couple days ago with chest pains failed to kill me. :o

Actually, I wasn't having a heart attack as it turns out, although it was angina. Due to some familial risk factors they decided to admit me to the hospital and do an angiogram / heart catheterization on me. I found out that I have some kind of genetic defect where one of my coronary arteries loops back under the heart muscle so sometimes when my heart rate increases the heart muscle pushes on the artery giving a sensation of angina like you would get if you has blockage from plaque in the artery.

The good news:

1. No big deal. Plus, I kind of get to start over knowing that all my artieries are in great shape and completely clear with no evidence of any hardening or plaque anywhere. I'm just going to take a very low dose beta blocker to keep my heart rate down so I don't feel that feeling much.

2. I got a laugh out of having my groin shaved while three pretty young things hovered over me saying. "Here, let me drape this modesty sock over your parts..."

3. When I went down for surgery they took my stuff to lock in the safe and asked for my watch. I said I didn't care if it was against the rules, I'm wearing it in. If I die, I'm dying with my watch on. When I said that the girl looked down and saw my gen Datejust. So she goes, oh I see I is a Rolex. I winked at her and told her it was a replica but it had sentimental value. ;)

The bad news:

1. My [censored]*ng groin is KILLING me. I had no idea. The doc said it is because sometimes they hit a nerve going in and also I'm skinny and without a lot of fat right there where they go in the muscle can be really tender. :shock:

2. Constipation from the morphine. :thumbdown:

3. I missed the Jandrew drama thread and had to let Lani hold down the fort practically by himself (not). Another one closed huh? When we will all learn? The good of the community in that case may actually be to just let it go and all us adults here will make our own decisions as to who is a crook and who is not. One thing is for sure, in the conterfeiting business now and in the future there will surely be a crook somewhere. But we are all big boys (and girls - V) and will continue to decide for ourselves who to patronize and who to steer clear of.

The best thing though? Passion. Man, isn't it cool how passionate we all are about our hobby? Never a shortage of that here. Just awesome. And even though I may not agree with them, I appreciate my brothers who are only trying to protect us by weighing in the other direction.

So take it from me, don't sweat the small stuff and most of all, try to find the good in anything - including disagreements. My whole trip could have gone the other way and instead of writing this post I could be dead in a metal drawer right now. Good to be back with my passionate mates at the greatest online forum in the world. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:victory:

R

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3. When I went down for surgery they took my stuff to lock in the safe and asked for my watch. I said I didn't care if it was against the rules, I'm wearing it in. If I die, I'm dying with my watch on. When I said that the girl looked down and saw my gen Datejust. So she goes, oh I see I is a Rolex. I winked at her and told her it was a replica but it had sentimental value. ;)

Seriously? They just let you wear it? Up here they're very picky with the rules... it wouldn't fly. Glad to hear you're alright though. :D

Good to hear things have worked out alright, it wouldn't be the same without you around. As to the shaving, at least you were conscious for it, nothing worse than waking up to find you have been shaved and not know who did it!

Seriously? They just let you wear it? Up here they're very picky with the rules... it wouldn't fly. Glad to hear you're alright though. :D

Nah, they took it from me, but I made them wrap it up in a sock with a loop through to keep the caseback from scratching and hand it to my fiance for safe keeping. But it was funny, the laugh I got saying it was a rep. I got a sort of knowing look from them like they sort of assumed all Rolex watches are reps which of course I'm well aware of and am amused by. Funny how our watches are always with us though and the last to go in the most trying situations...

glad to hear that you'll live to be a hundred

When I went down for surgery they took my stuff to lock in the safe and asked for my watch. I said I didn't care if it was against the rules, I'm wearing it in.

should it (unfortunately) happen again, you can always say that separating from your watch would increase your heart rate...:)

Robbie

I went through the same only 3 times..I have 3 stents in my arteries so they stay open...

the first two operations went OK and on the third they hit a nerve so I understand what you are going through

the irritated nerve would make its presence known at the most inappropriate times and it was extremely painful

M wife and I were dining one evening in a real upscale place, white linen table cloths, crystal, 2 waiters per table

etc...

The nerve decided to say hello to me during our meal, I screamed and scared the pants off out of the entire place....;)

Good luck and hang in there it calms down in about a week

Bill

Thanks to all for the kind words - it means a lot.

I also forgot to mention that they caught some guy unplugging the defibrillator in the ER but he escaped before they could question him. The only description was he was wearing a RepGeeks T-shirt, a two tone rolex Sub and was driving a SmartCar with the licence plate: I =@ 996...

I think it might have been Jake...

Thanks to all for the kind words - it means a lot.

I also forgot to mention that they caught some guy unplugging the defibrillator in the ER but he escaped before they could question him. The only description was he was wearing a RepGeeks T-shirt, a two tone rolex Sub and was driving a SmartCar with the licence plate: I =@ 996...

I think it might have been Jake...

:whistling: Yeah....must have been him

:)

Robbie

I went through the same only 3 times..I have 3 stents in my arteries so they stay open...

the first two operations went OK and on the third they hit a nerve so I understand what you are going through

the irritated nerve would make its presence known at the most inappropriate times and it was extremely painful

M wife and I were dining one evening in a real upscale place, white linen table cloths, crystal, 2 waiters per table

etc...

The nerve decided to say hello to me during our meal, I screamed and scared the pants off out of the entire place....;)

Good luck and hang in there it calms down in about a week

Bill

Yeah, thankfully it looks like I didn't get my Dad's heart gene and got my Mom's instead which is good. I thought sure I would need stent(s) or worse. But that nerve thing is a bit*h for sure brother. Ouch...