When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What ya guys do for a living?

concepta

i gotta ask

what does Singapore need an army for ?

The same reason any country needs an army - to protect our rep watches from all the rep mongers!

Can't think of another reason. I go to sleep soundly every night knowing someone is protecting my reps

• Like 1

I work in Project management (Project Engineer is my job title) within the Military Aerospace Industry, pretty good job but hope to set up on my own in the future as a project consultant.

Prior to that I was in the Army and was looking forward to a tour in Afgan until I got injured in training and got a medical dismissal :(

Edited by Stebbi

• 2 months later...

I've decided to start suplementing my income from graphics work by doing 'taster sessions' of graphology at mind/body/spirit fairs, hopefully that might bring in some extra pocket money :bangin:

I'm also going to train as a tattoo artist, but I want to specialize in 'Thai/bamboo'-style tattooing :victory:

I do a thousand things lol - depends what day, music production ( club house, old 90's rave ) photographic prints, ( all and everything ) club doorman ( naah mate, you can't come in ) , project manager ( FTSE 100 company ), car tester ( nice R8 the other week )

+ other stuff to keep me busy

Lots of fingers in lots of pies - only way to be, network yourself in case one of them goes pop and your in the poop $$ wise.

Wanted to be a bikini designer.... sigh, oh well maybe one day

Was a chef for almost 20 years, at the top of game almost (2 michelin stars).

Decided to bow out cut my salary by half (but also my working hours from 100 to 50) and have a bash at product development.

so now i'm trend forcasting and developing for supermarket chains.

getting the work/life balance has changed my life; no longer drink or smoke, dropped about 50kg, just completed my first marathon - 4hrs 21min and have a baby on the way.

all is good!

Was a chef for almost 20 years, at the top of game almost (2 michelin stars).

Decided to bow out cut my salary by half (but also my working hours from 100 to 50) and have a bash at product development.

so now i'm trend forcasting and developing for supermarket chains.

getting the work/life balance has changed my life; no longer drink or smoke, dropped about 50kg, just completed my first marathon - 4hrs 21min and have a baby on the way.

all is good!

Congrats on the change.

I'm a manager for a large retail chain based in the US. I definitely don't push 100 hours but I'm humming along in the 60-70 area.

• 2 years later...

I do nothing.... Except being in pretty much constant pain. The days I am pain free is like heaven. But they are far between and few these days.

Hoping to win the lottery so I can buy myself a new body *haha* One that is not put together by random sub-contracted junk parts. 

I have my hobbies though :D And my dogs. And you guys.

I do nothing.... Except being in pretty much constant pain. The days I am pain free is like heaven. But they are far between and few these days.

Hoping to win the lottery so I can buy myself a new body *haha* One that is not put together by random sub-contracted junk parts. 

I have my hobbies though :D And my dogs. And you guys.

I feel for you my friend. 12 months ago I had double spinal fusion surgery, & haven't worked since. (That's how I discovered this place). I had a routine follow-up x-ray done this week, only to find out that one of the screws at S1 has snapped. The surgeon says that the bone graft is stable enough now, (although it is still not completely hardened) for it not be a significant problem. As long as I don't do anything to damage the graft. That screw must have been one of those junk parts that you mentioned :wounded1:

I feel for you my friend. 12 months ago I had double spinal fusion surgery, & haven't worked since. (That's how I discovered this place). I had a routine follow-up x-ray done this week, only to find out that one of the screws at S1 has snapped. The surgeon says that the bone graft is stable enough now, (although it is still not completely hardened) for it not be a significant problem. As long as I don't do anything to damage the graft. That screw must have been one of those junk parts that you mentioned :wounded1:

The internet is a great asset for us guys that are home 24/7 :D I would go nuts without it!

I hope you situation resolves itself with time brother :)

• Like 1

White  sorry to hear you are home-bound, you seem to keep in shape despite it.

Jup. Have to try and keep in shape no matter how hard it is... I have never been the kind to just sit and feel sorry for myself.

Plenty of hikes around the mountains with my dogs like 2-3 hours a day, and my muscles are just a freak of nature gene thing... Its been 10 years since I was at a gym *LOL*