When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ask a member...

hackR

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a couple of DW Daytonas and gave them away, but maybe this one will cover the "land" side of the puzzle?

I'm not sure the vintage, but it's a Gigandet pre-Breitling AOPA triple date chrono.

gigandet_1.jpg

It was given to me by my closest friend, who received it from his uncle after decades of service as a pilot. Sadly, my friend passed away this last weekend, so the joy of wearing it carries a twinge of loss these next few months.

still don't have a Family photo of my collection..

but remember awhile ago the GTG in .. was it Brussels?.. and this pic was posted of the event... just a tease from every ones collection.. and I believe Takashi was in the bathroom doing lume jobs.. (that sound Freudian) Imagine if hotel security was called up to this room.. :lol:

gtgkoln200806stephane80.jpg

next time in brussels, i think i have to be there :whistling:

DW's are nice, but I was thinking gen ;)

Very sorry to hear of the news of your friend. Is this the same friend behind the 1665 as well? :(

A gen 6263? Whoa... that would be a beauty! I might have to sneak up behind Dems and whack him over the head. :whistling:

Yes sir, the friend is one and the same. A prince among men.

Whoa, some watches here! I'm very honoured to be called to show my top five pieces here but it also makes me very nervous. My photo skills are terrible and my watch collection is still very humble. :black_eye:

But I will try to get some help and make a few good pix this weekend, promised! :)

On with the show, then! :yu:

Val.

still don't have a Family photo of my collection..

but remember awhile ago the GTG in .. was it Brussels?.. and this pic was posted of the event... just a tease from every ones collection.. and I believe Takashi was in the bathroom doing lume jobs.. (that sound Freudian) Imagine if hotel security was called up to this room.. :lol:

gtgkoln200806stephane80.jpg

That would have been the koln GTG,, (was away in canada for that one) I am not sure if there is a photo any where of the first brussels GTG but Stephanes table was groaning under the weight of watches,and his bar was groaning under the weight of alcohol, I was in emergency mode making sure the bar did not collapse by drinking its contents :whistling:

Just wondering given the views and responses in such a short period, thanks to Rob :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Why hasnt this thread got stars next to it?

I thought that highlighted great threads to check out or have I assumed wrongly

Either way it should!!!

EDIT They werent there when I posted this what happened???

I'm not sure the vintage, but it's a Gigandet pre-Breitling AOPA triple date chrono.

gigandet_1.jpg

It was given to me by my closest friend, who received it from his uncle after decades of service as a pilot. Sadly, my friend passed away this last weekend, so the joy of wearing it carries a twinge of loss these next few months.

@Nanuq --> great pieces!...especially this Breit - thanks for sharing its meaning... :good:

R-

editorial comment:

what makes this community great is our diversity...this thread is meant to foster a sharing of our diversity...it's meant for ALL to participate...doesn't matter if your favorite watch is low-end or high-end...doesn't matter if you have zero watches (MOP!) or a gazillion (7 letter member name implied... ;) )...doesn't matter if you have amazing photo skills or not...it's about sharing the pieces - that mean the most to YOU...

R-

Updated Scoreboard:

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, Bazz, sql_pl, pugwash, redwatch, pizzanooo, Cats, Valerian

Responses: :good:

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy, HikeUSA, nanuq, Tribal

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

See updated Scoreboard at the end of this thread...

Requests in for:

kruzer00, richard lawton, JoJo35, Avitt, Eunomians, TwoTone, Admin, thomasng, watcher, torresp, chieftang, toadtorrent, Nikki6, Bazz, sql_pl, pugwash, redwatch, pizzanooo, Cats, Valerian, Tanfoglio

Responses: :good:

dluddy - PAMs, dluddy - "the others", robertk, jmarin.72, freddy333, hackR, ubiquitous, Lanikai, MasterOfPuppets, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, fxrAndy, HikeUSA, nanuq, Tribal

PLEASE NOTE:

1. This list may very well be out of date/time...So please sift thru this thread to see if your top 5 has been Requested!...

2. ummmmm...all you "readers"... :clapping: it's OK to post a reply requesting a member to post THEIR favorites... :whistling:

3. If you see someone who hasn't responded to a request from a member in this post and you know him/her - pm 'em pointing out this post...

Sorry I am late to the party...

Here are my favorites, all of them are custom built by my own hands.

First up is my "Stealth PAM 212"

1.jpg

6.jpg

bb.jpg

2.jpg

After a lot of discussion, I decided to paint the subdial and center seconds hand, so this was the end state...

212.jpg

Ziggy, That 212 Stealth is brilliant. I love the blue hands and painted dial.

I'd like to see Pugwash's top 5!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

... and so you shall! I will only put reps in my 5.

The first has to be my Ziggified, gen-dialled IWC GST. I don't wear it much, but I feel happier knowing it's in my drawer for when I need it.

gst-wp-3-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

Next is my UPO. It's got gen tube, crown, hands and aftermarket AR.

po45-21-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

Third on my list is an MBW 1665. I forget what parts are gen, but it's been taken apart lots.

1665-07-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

Fourth is a Breitling. Just added AR on this one.

skyland-13-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

The last watch on my list is tricky. It was nearly a 3717 or a GMT-Master, but I decided not to repeat manufacturers and went for a Radiomir. Again with the AR.

183-12-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

... and for a bonus, here's a non-rep that would be near the top.

Speedmaster-10-640.jpg

Click to embiggen

Has Bazz posted his yet?