When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mine is bigger than yours!

offshore

I picked up this "little" trinket over the weekend.

It is a 115mm dia wristwatch...Yep you heard correct, 115mm!

BqkhSlQBmkKGrHqEOKkMEuZNDw-FnBLvcwh.jpg

They are Japanese Quartz and made as some kind of promotional thing, (even have an alarm) and run a clock movement. The spring bar lugs are 50mm (and the bloody thing needs a new strap....maybe my upholsterer may have some offcuts from a couch :)) but I damned if I know where I'll find a buckle.

It will find a place in my shop as a novelty attraction.

Am interested if anyone has seen anything this big or bigger?

Offshore

Awesome :1a: Might a belt buckle be available which might be suitable for the strap?

Yep TJ, my thoughts as well!

It should be in the Offshore household in a day or 2, so I will be seeing an upholsterer and try to get a belt buckle to suit.

Dunno what tools will be needed to work on the bloody thing, may need a pinch bar to get the back offrolleyes.gif

O/S

Yep TJ, my thoughts as well!

It should be in the Offshore household in a day or 2, so I will be seeing an upholsterer and try to get a belt buckle to suit.

Dunno what tools will be needed to work on the bloody thing, may need a pinch bar to get the back offrolleyes.gif

O/S

I know that there are belt buckles avaiable like the Pre-V buckles, maybe something like that might be worth a look? I'm sure you'll find something suitable for it, I can't wait to see how it looks once you've worked your magic on it :victory:

OK,

This took a bit longer to arrive than I would have liked, but eventually it turned up!

My research points to this being the biggest production watch made.

From Towner in Japan, it measures 115mm across, and the strap is a whopping 52mm wide.

bigwatch.jpg

Seen here next to one of my Omegas, and a Richard Mille for size comparison.

The one thing I wasn't aware of was that its a mechanical!(and even has an alarm.)-(and it runs and keeps time)

I had to cut up a womans belt to get a strap to fit it.

It will be mounted it on a display board as a curiosity for my market shop.

Would be really interested to know if anyone knows of a bigger production watch...anywhere.

And ..No...its just too big for a wristy..I would have to strap it to my thigh.

Offshore