When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WOW! The people on this forum.....

Admin

As some of you might know, I am getting married in two days with my dream woman. We have been engaged for 10 years (Was supposed to get married before, but then she got pregnant, we bought a house, no money left for marriage, etc., etc. :)) So two sons later and a totally refurbished house (well, almost) we are finally getting married.

The reason I am telling you this is that I just happened to mention this to a member who recently joined the forum with a "bang". Many of you will probably remember his introductory post: http://www.rwgforum....presentation/

As many others I drooled over the pictures and these watches. I think I initially PM'ed him to ask how much these beauties were. I had instantly fallen in love with the watch! He gave me a price that unfortunately was out of my price range, but I offered to set up a sales area for these watches here at RWG, free of charge. Thiese pieces were just to beautiful and unique to not give such an offer! They accepted and after a couple of days delay, I got it set up and excused the delay that we were planning a wedding. The response I got was nothing but a big surpice. Due to my kindness and treating them with respect and asking for nothing back, they wanted to give me a watch as a wedding present!!! :o I was dumbfound, to say the least. To make a long story short, these guys have been nothing but brilliant. They have given me periodical updates about my gift and a couple of weeks ago they sent me some beautiful pictures of the watch. To make a long story short, the courier guy came ringing on my door today;

post-1-025030900 1280355070.jpg

post-1-098618600 1280355072.jpg

post-1-080245900 1280355077.jpg

post-1-070051300 1280355081.jpg

post-1-050539600 1280355091.jpg

post-1-050736700 1280355097.jpg

post-1-055708200 1280355151.jpg

post-1-040216500 1280355174.jpg

post-1-010219500 1280355183.jpg

Dear Giorgio and Federico. Once again; Thank you so much. I just love the watch. I love the looks of it and I love the fact that this is a handbuilt piece that comes in a limited number of copies, made by some great guys!

I strongly suggest a visit to their sales area for some more eyecandy: http://www.rwgforum....atturafiorillo/

The guys on here give me reason to log on and live my life!! You know who you are!

Congrats T, hope the wedding goes off perfectly for you all!

G&F, great gesture guys, always good to hear people not just take advantage but to give something back, your watch sounds stunning!

Sixx :bones:

Yep it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and thats not forgetting that none of us would be here if it wasn't for your hard work.

Of course kudos must go to Giorgio and Frederico who have not only settled in nicely but also developed the sense of community we pride ourselves of.

Ken

very classy act...this place, its stories and characters, really brings a smile to the day...

gorgeous watch...and fantastic gesture...and couldn't have gone to a better guy...

congrats, T - to you and yours on the upcoming wedding...thoughts and wishful prayers will be with you on your wedding day from this crazy band of horological brothers...

R-

A really nice F :whistling: 'in watch.

Our admin himeself..

RWG spirit....

This is great and all, but 10 years! Its going to change dude. I've done shy of 6 months!

"How sweet, baby. A present from your friends on your website?" I don't care if Nanuq hand delivers a DRSD to Mrs. Admin herself, we better upgrade servers or transfer titles or something. Man + Hobby + marriage = target #1.

just saying. What you see as a nice watch I see as an amber alert. =@:lol:

Hi T, and hi everybody this is what's happened (Place below some parts of e-mail me and T exchanged so to let you know what really happened)

T:The watches are beautiful and the price you have quoted to me is reasonable.Unfortunately I think I will have to pass on the watch this time. It is a piece of art and I would have loved to own one of the pieces, but unfortunately I don’t have any spare cash these days. I am getting married in 2 months, so all my funds goes towards the wedding preparations these days.

Me:T, you have been honest with me (about the fact that u want to open an area for me on your forum and you have never asked me nothing for this) and for me this the most important thing, namely that's the trust and respect between people, and u have been shown me all of these things. Thank you. That's why Federico and I, have decided to give u a wedding gift... You'll recive our watch... because is right that a beatiful watch is worn by a beatiful person... so when we'll get the first ready we'll send it to you like a present.

It'll be Brown dial, brushed case and rose gold hands... caliber may be hamilton 917 ( but i'm not sure)

T:I really do not know what to say.....Thank you doesn’t seem enough, but thank you VERY much! It is highly appreciated and I cannot describe how happy this makes me, as I have been looking at the pictures of the watch almost daily.

Me: We don't want anything from you, just We're glad to give our watch to a good person that enjoy it as much as you enjoy it. That's it. The only thing i could ask u, if u'll think it's right, it's to say what you think and feel about our watch so as to let us know a bit, obviously after you recived it

This is what's happened about.

And nothing more can better explain how much happy i am to read T feelings about watch. It's wonderful. A great watch for a great person nothing else.

Thanks T, Thanks RWG, we are a great comunity. Thanks again.

Fiorillo is more than a watch!

Edited by federico.fiorillo