When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best rep that you ever sold

By-Tor

For me it's definitely this: Ebel BTR. It was the most stunning quality replica I've even laid my hands on. Discovery is the more accurate replication but it's not quite as well built as the BTR (did I already mention that it was stunning)?

Rep bracelets are often what they are, and when you've had gens you'll learn to appreciate these things... the total accuracy of the SEL fit, perfect brushed finish, etc.

But the BTR rep bracelet was insanely good... better than many gens I've seen. Perfect finish, smooth as a butter (without any oiling or polishing), perfect fit, perfect SELs.

Best quality rep bracelet ever.

IMG_1676.jpg

2.jpg

It looked nice on a strap too.

3a.jpg

I decided that I won't be buying more gens for now so now I'd like to re-purchase it but Joshua said that there will be a new version with tight subdial spacing (and possibly that amazing rotor). Decisions, decisions...

Any similar stories? What was the best rep you let go?

By-Tor, I like the topic of this thread a lot. I have quite a few watches that I regret letting go of...

It's hard to say but when it comes to reps, perhaps it is my ol' Ingy with Lello DW and superb AR. This rep was perfect in every way.

DSC06527.jpg

I think it's a good idea for me not to mention the two Valjoux 72 Daytonas that I stupidly sold :wounded1:

DSC06281.jpg

The dumbest genuine watch I have ever sold is my Pointed Guard 1675! I'm still kicking myself even after all of these years!!!! I still own another 1675, my first Rolex, given to me by my grandpa.

DSC02497-1.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

Is that one of those David Wong Daytonas? Looks good... too bad you sold it. Sometimes we do these impulse decisions... and yeah, that was really a mistake to sell that pointed cg GMT. Those are seriously climbing in value these days. I will never sell any of my gens, I've already made that decision.

Funnily enough, the BTR is the ONLY rep I regret selling.

I've become very anal about the bracelets and I'm afraid I can't source one with similar fit and finish anymore. You know how they dowgrade this stuff when the new batches come out, it's really pissing me off.

I think buying from the first batch is good... they're usually the best ones. When the rep has gained a reputation they start to use these shortcuts. Same thing with Fish, BCE, Seamaster Chrono and many others.

Eunomians, your Vj 72 DW was really nice. I actually was intereseted in it. I even drafted a pm. But before I hit the send button, the watch was already sold.

To me, the most regretable rep that I've sold were some of my earlier PAM models (e.g. EL 127, EL 196). those models are getting rare and are very accurate. They are very good base for modding. But I was just too busy to collect all the necessary parts to finish the project. It happens from time to time.

Flex

Thankfully none. I like where my collection is, now more than ever. I've come to understand what I like and don't like. Over the past 3 years on RWG I've grown a lot. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I like bracelets, and solid stainless. Anything that wears out is of no use to me, I purchase with the intent of a lifetime of ownership. otherwise I suppose, I'd still have kept my blacksteel. I sold it because I couldn't stand worrying about scratching it.

IMG_3494.jpg

Don't even have photos any more, I don't think, but i had 2 Eddie Lee PAM GMT's 029 and 063 with the ETA 2893-2 movements. bBoth had made the trip up north to The Zigmeister for re-luming amd better crowns (Can't remember who i got the crowns from, long time and many watches ago!!) Right after I sold them the they stopped putting 2893-2's in reps. As far as genuine goes, lots! I regret selling my 1680, 1665, UN GMT +- Big date, and the list goes on. The 1680 and 1665 were probably 30 years or more ago, when they were still current models.I was too stupid to know any better back then. Boy, isn't hindsight great.

Hmmmm...

Best rep I sold... Probably my EuroFakes Submariner. Turned out it really did have a Swiss movement in it... That would've powered Project Snowflake nicely :bangin::pardon:

Favorite rep I sold... My PAM 029a. The only watch which got comments from the laydeez (which made me feel like King Pimp :yeah: ) and a very nice watch to wear Oh well... :pardon:

Most meaningful rep I sold... My Omega 2534.80 and 45mm Planet Ocean. Far from the best quality watches, but they were purchased with inheritance money, so irreplaceable due to the sentimental value. Replacements would just serve as a reminder of what they were, and that they are gone, rather than actually replacing the watches. :pardon:

On the flipside, I'm happy with what's on my wrist, and the projects in my parts tray, so I'm not too broken up about it :drinks:

• 11 months later...

Too bad I dont have any pics, but my list includes:

Franken Omega GMT

Franken Omega Seamaster 2254

Franken Omega Seamaster 2531

Franken Omega Seamaster (White version)

Franken UPO (twice)

My once proud Omega collection are now in the hands of some great members of this forum.

In over 10 years on the forums I have only ever sold one watch and that was an insanely inaccurate PAM (buyer knew what he was getting), it was a case of sell it or throw it in the bin. :D

Ken