When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tons of 1665 Yuki case pics(pic heavy)

Original Scope

hello,

the 1665 yuki case set has following flaws,

- the rehaut is totaly wrong

- the crownguard needs to get reshaped

- bezel is wrong

- edges of the lugs are wrong

olreon

:lol:

on the pics the case doesn't look better than a 98 US$ See Dweller from Josh

hello,

the 1665 yuki case set has following flaws,

- the rehaut is totaly wrong

- the crownguard needs to get reshaped

- bezel is wrong

- edges of the lugs are wrong

olreon

When you say wrong can you elaborate a little, ie too big/small/fat/thin/shape, The finer points some times escape the noobs and me as well

The case was $500.It included the he valve. The bezel does not bother me considering

there were so many different ones.

http://anonym.to/?http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=1265550&start=0&rid=15726

Took all gen parts like a champ.When I complete the build I will get it pressure tested.

I do plan on modding the crown but I think I will let this one age on its own.

The case was $500.It included the he valve. The bezel does not bother me considering

there were so many different ones.

http://anonym.to/?http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=msg&th=1265550&start=0&rid=15726

Took all gen parts like a champ.When I complete the build I will get it pressure tested.

I do plan on modding the crown but I think I will let this one age on its own.

Thanks for the info on the HeV, USD500 together with it sound good. Yuki wanted to charge me extra , previously when I last checked. :) Well, the important thing here is that you are happy with your purchase, and subsequently, build. :good:

Working the CGs will go a long way, IMHO.... and letting this beauty age naturally is a good decision too...especially if she is a keeper. Wear her in great health, mate! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

When you say wrong can you elaborate a little, ie too big/small/fat/thin/shape, The finer points some times escape the noobs and me as well

The lugs are too fat, IMO

The bezel is too deeply notched

The crown guards need to be reduced on both sides and maybe shortened

You can fix the lugs and the crown guards and maybe the bezel isn't too bad when you compare it to this one from Robt Maron

RXSDW1665-011.jpg

Maybe sanding down the bezel to soften it would help- we're talking about 40 yrs of wear- old bezels tend to be fairly smooth if the watch has been used at all.

It looks pretty good to me but I am not much of a 'bezel watch' guy so I am not boned up on detail differences between genuine and aft/mkt cases.

What I can do is put this watch in perspective...

Since this case is $500, what else is available for $500?

Not much.

Maybe another 'oem spec' case from another vendor with different flaws, some maybe worse.

Maybe a case made for an eta that could be modified to work with a 1570/75. Then you usually have the non oem style crystal retaining system and a lot of other troubles to contend with...the oem spec dial being too small, having to machine the case for the movement screws or case clamps etc, etc.

Maybe you could go with a 1680 rather than the 'dweller and maybe have fewer 'flaws' but not have the gas valve. Then again, the gas escape valve is the one feature that makes the 'dweller very special.

How about the 'tells' that mark the 'dweller as a replica?

First off, most people will never know the difference (including me) and if I had this particular $500 case and a 1570/75 with a good dial...I would be happy. After all, how close to a 1970's 'dweller case is a genuine rolex replacement 'dweller case from the 1990's?

Maybe this 'dweller case looks like some of the genuine replacement cases. Who knows for sure? Not me of course.

As for the infamous replicator's 'one step forward, two steps back' routine when they make cases...

Business as usual imho. How else can they keep selling the same thing over and over?

Without a doubt, they could get it right on the first try if they wanted to. I guar-an-damn-tee I could get it right if I had the equipment they have.

If you posted pictures of a genuine 'dweller' case, you would probably still get comments on what is wrong with it...more on VRF and other 'rolexpert' forums than here I am willing to bet. That's just the way it is.

I have seen 'rolexperts' at watch shows point out flaws with various original rolex watches that have never been anywhere other than the AD's showroom and a dresser drawer. What could I say...they were 'experts', not me.

What I am getting at is this...I like the case and a few finishing details should bring it up to a high percentage of original in appearance.

I like it! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you posted pictures of a genuine 'dweller' case, you would probably still get comments on what is wrong with it...more on VRF and other 'rolexpert' forums than here I am willing to bet. That's just the way it is.

I have seen 'rolexperts' at watch shows point out flaws with various original rolex watches that have never been anywhere other than the AD's showroom and a dresser drawer. What could I say...they were 'experts', not me.

That i can fully belive, we always look to what we think is the normal but we can all be wrong

I agree. It looks like a good case for the money. The only other option in that range is MBW and it needs even more work to fit the gen movement. I would never spend $1500 on a Phong case when you can get the Yuki and put a little work into it.

We should all have figured out by now that no aftermarket case is going to be "perfect". Thanks for the pics and info. Keep us updated with the build!

dizz

would be nice to see a shot like this :

u13458t1279731838-4.jpg

but from the pics the bezel it totally wrong - same goes to the HEV -

and im not speaking about the funky CGs :)

what is so complicated to put the 1570 in an MBW case ? this case is light years ahead IMHO ;)

does it even make sense to put an 1570 in a rep-case ? - okay this is off-topic ;)

cheers,

Frank

If mine turns out even close to this one, i'll be thrilled beyond words!!

All you need is alot of time & money. :whistling:

I did make a mistake in my description - I forgot that the crystal is from Clarks. At that distance, it is nearly impossible to tell it from the gen superdome (which is 1 of the reasons I opted for Clarks).

Good luck with your build.