When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

who does this belong to because you've upset some people

signumboy

lol.. that is not even cloose. The rehaut and crystal is wrong for a milsub.

Anyways, I think the only reason they spotted the fake was because someone switched the dial to a DRSD dial XD

Edited by praetor

These guys sound like a bunch of whiny pansies... One guy appreciated the work that went into the vintagizing, and the rest called him out and assused him of going to the 'dark' side... What a riot!

Well, I can see some die-hard gen-only-douchy calling us out on a gen forum, but let's be honest: I, like most of us, spend about 60-70% of my "web watch time" here because A.) the work I put into the watches makes the watches super valuable to me and B.) you guys are great supporters and make me feel at home. The other 20-30% of my time is spent on TZ and WUS looking at gens I may potentially be interested in, but the difference is I do not know ONE member on those sites. They're a bunch of haughty douches (for the most part) who make fun of people like us (who may actually own more gens than they do anyhow). At least that's my humble opinion. I think we get the last laugh: we own some amazing gens (I've seen enough of them to know this) and we build some pieces (often out of genuine parts) that could never be attainable to most of us, and even if they were, we're too smart to pay what they'd ask for them.

Ha ha. They over there are now reading this thread. Lol.

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165460&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=75

Ive just had my first experience of reading the rep forums, quite a surreal experience, its fair to say its not for me and I wont be going back . There seems to be some people that are looking for and own genuine watches but have fakes and frankens as well. Also, it shows that we have some common members, we are after all watch fans although it really suprises me the threads on there and that they have the same excitement I do about the real thing! ... me-people

So I had a bit of a read and of course there is the normal fake/loser tags being thrown around but what I find disturbing is guys are telling the OP to dump his friend for wearing a fake Rollie. :shock:

Makes you wonder... :blink:

Ken

Every time there is one of these threads out comes the gen haters and gen forum bashing. Lol My forum better than your forum nonsense.

Too bad some rep owners just can't keep their glee to themselves and the rep forums that they have to poison the gen forums with pics. As if to rub it in their faces.

Gen forums are for appreciating gen watches.

Rep forums for appreciating the astounding value reps offer. And then nit picking every minute detail.

That linked thread is one of the most balanced I've ever seen on a gen forum.

As for the watch, well looks like someone adheres to the "bag of rocks" philosophy when it comes to 'vintagising'.

I agree with polaris.

I love my reps and I love my gens, but these two worlds need to be kept apart. No amount of pop psychology will change what the other side thinks.

Rep owners should not expect or seek admiration, respect, or even tolerance from gen owners. We have a hobby we enjoy, for reasons that are clear to us. We do not need to justify what we do, nor denigrate those who don't get it.

People who post reps on the gen forums are probably the same ones that wear their reps to the AD and then posts a thread - "Hey, I fooled a rep at the AD while wearing my noob sub with shaved CGs."

Anyone else find it odd that he had such nicely posed shots of his "mates" horrible evil fake watch? I'll bet one virtual cookie that watch belongs to the OP of the thread on TZ-UK and he was trying to show it off.

Yes totally agree my thoughts were the same.