When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken MBW 5513 Complete

usmctowgnr

Should any of these parts look familiar?

This watch has been a long time in the making. The watch just got finished and these were the pics sent to me. The mods are:

Gen Dial: To stay period correct for the L date code I went with a gloss tritium dial with WG surrounds.

Clarks Tudor handset to match dial

Gen T-19 Crystal

Gen 24-702 Crown

Gen Insert

2846 Movement Installed

I have some 580 end pieces on the way but I am thinking of putting this on a NOS Tropic Strap.

The first few pics are of the watch along side another MBW that has an NDT 5513 dial and was modded by ubi.

5513ubi.jpg

5513ubi2.jpg

5513ubi3.jpg

55133.jpg

55132.jpg

5513-1.jpg

55132-1.jpg

55135.jpg

55133-1.jpg

55134-1.jpg

db2, the gen insert used on the 5513 came from the 1665 GW I got from you. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Since I was going for a serviced look on the 5513 and a little more original look on the 1665 your gen insert worked out great. I am replacing it with one that is a little faded. Your old 1665 also got a gen 24-700 crown put on it.

Just to clarify....... I do not own both the watches in the first three pics, just the one with the gloss dial. Also, ubi did not do the mods on my watch. The one with the faded insert was done by him. I do hope though that I can get him to do the CG's for me though! rolleyes.gif

• 1 month later...

Sheesh, I thought this was a sales listing and I was 1) Looking for the price, and 2) About to ask why on Earth you'd want to sell it!

Congratulations! If Ronin had a hand in it and it's had a brush with a Ubi, then you've got excellent pedigree right there.