When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks like admins dont read their pms in this forum

iceberg1459

Let's have a little correction, iceberg. You pm'd me the 14th and I replied asking for your vetting details the 15th. You sent them 1:35am today.

How is that "days" of waiting?

Consider that we might not have approved your request for a high value sales at all. And certainly we would not have done the amount of work necessary to approve you beyond a reasonable doubt between now and the 14th.

If you're in that much of a hurry, sell it elsewhere. And consider an apology for complaining about a 36 hour delay between your request and my response. Like Freddy said we too have a life, and mine is not spent behind a computer. I'm lucky to have cell connectivity at all, the places I go.

Your high value sales on this forum: UNapproved.

• Like 1

I dont need to explain myself to you, nor i need your "replica" forum if i wanted to sell my 50-60k worth of gens. you were online as i sent my pm to you and it wasnt even read. its easy to beg for donations, when it comes to problem you are suddenly allmighty. i wanted to give forum a chance to purchase this icon gen moonwatch at a fair price, i know i would get only lowball offers but i didnt mind. now have fun paying extra on ebay or anywhere else.

I don't think Mr. iceberg understands our concept. We are not here to run eBay and nor does the forum get paid a commission for it. We try, first and foremost, to protect the membership and provide a nice place for people to discuss watches and other things that tickle their fancy. Because of that we are very careful on approving high value sellers - frankly more demanding than eBay. i can tell you we have turned down significant ebay sellers both as dealers and high value sellers. With that philosophy in mind we will happily miss out on offerings here until we have had a chance to properly vet those sellers. And no this is not our job. This admin team tends to be older folks with families and fairly serious jobs who do this out of love for the forum. So Mr. Iceberg best of luck with the sales on eBay, really.

• Like 1

I don't think Mr. iceberg understands our concept. We are not here to run eBay and nor does the forum get paid a commission for it. We try, first and foremost, to protect the membership and provide a nice place for people to discuss watches and other things that tickle their fancy. Because of that we are very careful on approving high value sellers - frankly more demanding than eBay. i can tell you we have turned down significant ebay sellers both as dealers and high value sellers. With that philosophy in mind we will happily miss out on offerings here until we have had a chance to properly vet those sellers. And no this is not our job. This admin team tends to be older folks with families and fairly serious jobs who do this out of love for the forum. So Mr. Iceberg best of luck with the sales on eBay, really.

:clap:

I recently got approved for high dollar sales. My experience is that they didnt rubber stamp me. The actually put me thru a vetting process. Which took time on both of our parts.

But I felt they was protection the membership.

When someone is in a rush to sale/flip/trade a watch It always make me take pause as to what is the hurry.

Of course I'm of the minority about this hobby. Watch collection is a luxury. You should use your disposable income to play. If you NEED to sale something quickly, well you need to rethink your hobby.

I dont need to explain myself to you, nor i need your "replica" forum if i wanted to sell my 50-60k worth of gens. you were online as i sent my pm to you and it wasnt even read. its easy to beg for donations, when it comes to problem you are suddenly allmighty. i wanted to give forum a chance to purchase this icon gen moonwatch at a fair price, i know i would get only lowball offers but i didnt mind. now have fun paying extra on ebay or anywhere else.

You are 24 years old and you have 50-60k worth of gens... Wow.

i have put it in ebay, if anybody wants to buy u can bid there my nick is same

Interesting enough when you check his ebay id he hasn't sold anything over 350 Euros and even has a bad feedback for poor shipping and handling. No moonwatch for sale or any high value item for that matter.

I totally agree with nanug. If you are in such a hurry, don't even stop here, use Ebay, they don't vet anyone! That's probably why a large number of watch sales end up with either a dissatisfied customer or a dealer that has a less than stellar rating because of problems. If I were to sell a high value watch here, I would appreciate the vetting process. It makes it easier to sell the item, because the buyer can be confident that I'm not some "Fly by night" Scam artist that lands here, fleeces a bunch of members and then disappears. unfortunately, that has happened even with vetting, but it does put up one more firewall to protect the members.

I saw the same thing. I can't read German, but he has a 95% rating, which gives pause as well. Also a lot of the items are small value items. Saw a couple of ETA 7750 movements, but nothing i could identify as a high end item. also those watches he wanted to sell are not listed in his "items for sale". :g:

As others have said in the postings above, if you aren't happy with the way things are done here, all I can say is, Adios Amigo.

:cc_scooter:

Classy...

:wub:

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2