When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Called out 1st time.

baglc1

Comes up to me at work after knowing him for about a year, he as a couple of Gen Rolex date just ( i've heard him take about them to his wife on the phone ) Anyway i have my vintage GMT-Master on yesterday and he says " i didnt know you had watches thats the 1st time i've seen one on your wrist, is it REAL " i say " well i can tell the time off it so it must be a REAL watch. He never spoke to me all day after that, peace at last, he is abit of a know it all and a [censored], he then kept swan necking all day to see if he could glimse it again.

• Like 1

Comes up to me at work after knowing him for about a year, he as a couple of Gen Rolex date just ( i've heard him take about them to his wife on the phone ) Anyway i have my vintage GMT-Master on yesterday and he says " i didnt know you had watches thats the 1st time i've seen one on your wrist, is it REAL " i say " well i can tell the time off it so it must be a REAL watch. He never spoke to me all day after that, peace at last, he is abit of a know it all and a [censored], he then kept swan necking all day to see if he could glimse it again.

I do not consider this a call-out, I consider a case of "Questions a [censored] with a brain aneurysm would ask in autumn".

There will always be guys like that, no matter where we go. Good answer, and keep your passion alive. :D

They're not always calling out the watch. They're calling out the wearer.

what you're suggesting is so true in the real life. Often, the guy wearing a nice watch is often judged whether he could afford it, and if the perceived answer is NO, then it does not matter if he is wearing a gen. It would still be judged to be a fake.

next time he wear one of his "gens". make sure you quiz him about it. Say something like. I didnt know rolex made that model with XXX. When he answer you just give him a hmmm... if you say so.

I like this idea, instead of calling out his watch, ask him if it has a replacement bracelet, as it does not look right, or if he had the crystal replaced. :)

• Like 1

But the OP is right, what he is wearing IS a real watch. ;)

Absolutely correct LK. The thing Is....why don't these people mind there own [censored] business? Anyone who would ask someone else If there watch.....Rolex Panerai Breitling etc..If It Is real... Is nothibg but a classless douchebag.

I would personally like to tell these nosey bitches that have an exaggerated sense of their own self Importance to stick there magnificunt genuine whatever up there pompous ass. :)I see this guy In my mind picking his nose and asking...."Is that a real Rolex"? :disguise2: Answer? Go blow your nose [censored]tooth...ever here of kleenex or Puffs? aka bathroom tissue. That greenish hue on his crystal Is most likely not AR :D

Mike

Don't exaggerate Mike after all we are the ones wearing counterfeit goods. :D

I'm not denying or exaggerating that fact. The point I was trying to make Is that It's no one's business what we are wearing.. Regardless If It's a $20.000 Rolex or a $300.00 Panerai rep. Just put the watch on your wrist and go about one's own business.

I do understand that some folks Indeed have a difficult time with this simple concept. ;)