When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beer and other alcohol over the watch, how to clean?

martijnp

I'm very careful to all of my watches except one, the cheap Hublot Big Bang Rose Gold. Everytime I go out (to the clubs) I wear that watch because there is always beer (and other alcohol) coming all over the watch and I think it's a shame to ruin the more expensive watches. Now I want to clean that Hublot a little so it looks good again but what is the best way to clean the watch?

I just smelled on the watch, and it smells like beer lol   :drunk:

I saw the sarcasm lol but thanks! Will try with a toothbrush and some water and a little soap

Thanks for the comments!

@Hansmeier, well that was a good night my friend.. unfortunately the hang over kicked in but it's totally worth it ;)

Here is my cleaning formula......

1.Drrink 12 bottles of your favorite beer

2. Smoke 2 joints

4. Smoke 2 more joints

5. Use a gentle cleaning solution called "Brillianize" and wipe watch with soft cotton

6. Use an eyeglass cleaning cloth and wipe to a lusterous shine.

7. Drink 12 more bottles of beer.

Must be a pretty boisterous bunch at your club. Folks should realize that beer and other spirits are for drinking, not for throwing!! ;)

Toothbrush, soap and water will clean it like brand new. If the water resistance is suspect, I wouldn't rinse it with running water, just rinse off the toothbrush and wet it a couple of times, then wipe the watch with a cotton towel or cloth, strap it on and head back to the club, Oh! Don't forget to brush your teeth when you finish cleaning the watch!!

Just to be clear NEVER throw a complete watch in a ultra sonic cleaner. I know it has been mentioned but in case some members overlooked it. Thats's the absolute worst you can ever do! The ultra sonic vibrations could compromise one or more seals and moisture could squeeze through on a molecular level caused by the high frequency of +44hz . So a watch that is tested to 5 ATM could very well leak when thrown is US cleaner. Just usesome regular soap and a clean rinse with just water so no chemicals are left behind that could make the seals deteriorate.

• 4 weeks later...

Licking is effective. So is a straw. For best results drop the watch into a gallon of Vodka/Tonic, use your straw till bone dry, whip out your Black&Decker belt sander with a shammy attached, test the shine power on your nose, then have at it

On the watch. You should be feeling a warm glow , just like your clean watch.post-3251-136722310882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk By Golly I Must Say!

I would remove the bracelet if it has one and chuck that in the ultrasound. The watch head (if you know it is water resistant) I would wash under a running stream of water and use a soft brush. If the water resistance is in doupt I would just use a soft damp cloth

I use an ultra sonic tooth brush with water and soap.

Also cleans the metal bracelet very well.

Don't forget to change the brush after you finished the job.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

this thread is, without a doubt, one of the most awesome threads in a while... haha

Haha I know! But my watch was clean, for like a week..  :drunk:

Well it's good to have just ONE watch that you wear when you go out, the other watches stay clean and nice that way ;)

• Like 1