When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Downtime - Major disk array "poisoning"

Admin

Guys, I am sorry for the extended downtime, but something that is not supposed to happen, happened last night. Since I have been working all day trying to recover lost data (without succeeding), I will just make this short post and get back with a better explanation tomorrow. In short, we managed to get all of our raid disk arrays "poisoned" with corrupt data that spread to all disks. How this happened, I have no idea, but this effectively killed our web and DB-servers. I have been trying all day, on a shitty cell connection, to restore data, but a couple of hours ago, the techs at the datacenter basically told me to give up. So the forum has now been restored to our last "healthy" backup and all of our servers have been reconfigured and set up from backups. Because of this, about 12-24 hours worth of content is gone. So sorry for any inconvenience when it comes to PM's posts, etc. Go ahead and resend your PM's and repost your great posts. I'm off to bed ;)

• Like 2

hehe...yeah...always on a weekend, when you are away and all you have is your cell phone and laptop. Great fun ;)

But NOW I am off to bed.

hehey...my avatar just came back :) OK, NOW I am really going to go to bed!

Damn......I thought ZK finally did his thing......so much for RAID? When you have it figured out, please share your experience, it would be nice to know for us GEEKYS!

post-4000-0-44928200-1371343576_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Fuck me thank god   :clap2: do you know how much gardening I got through yesterday..................fucking hate gardening, still the wife was happy   :partytime:  Thanks for getting the site back up again and saving me from more chores today! 

Big thanks for your efforts in getting the site back up and running, a dead RAID array is really no fun at all. Been there, done that. (Of course, at the blasted weekend)

I thought RWG had been DDOSed off the face of the web, thought I'd never talk to any of you again!