When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sad story about one of our long term seniors...mikellem

KB

Mike is a guy I always had a lot of time for and at one point put his name forward as an Admin team member.

2 years ago Mike was diagnosed with multiple myeloma cancer a condition that is not curable.

The City of Hope paid for a bone marrow transplant (over 1 million dollars) which has give Mike some more time.

Understandably Mike has all but dropped out of the replica watch scene now but what he does to help keep his mind off the constant pain is make pens, very nice ones too, take a look at his eBay store....  http://www.ebay.com/usr/penzrus

I am currently trying to help him (along with our good friend offshore) to locate Rolex dials, Mike has a guy who can bend dials and watch parts to fit around a pen casing which he then resins over.

If you are looking for a pen please take the time to look through what he offers.

Ken

• Like 2

I was at City of Hope last year visiting with my wife. Unfortunately my brother in law passed away from cancer while receiving treatment there. It's a wonderful place and I hope that Mike does well. From what I've heard they are making great strides in curing many types of cancer, including MM. Best wishes to him.

Sorry to hear this, and I like many others wish him all the very best in his recovery.  My mother is currently dying from terminal cancer, and is just a matter of time now.  No bone marrow transplant possible due to her bones being riddles too :(

Hi Guys,  I want you guys for all the kind words..  They man al ot especially when you are on the way out.  I am 62, and have lived a very fulfilled life (with tears in my eyes).  I am blessed with to wonderful children.  I have a gorgeous 23 year old daughter who modeled most of her younger years.  He just the University of Wisconsin

with a Masters in English.  She is an incredible writer.  I also have a 28 year old son who doing well in the design field.

I was married for 18 years and then chose to go my own way for certain reasons in the marriage.  I have always been a hands on dad, and probably will be until my last breath.  Financially i have done fairly well and invested all my Commercial Real Estate which has been a blessing.  I live off the income now,  two 20 unit apartment

buildings are paid.  My kids will never have to worry as in this day and age, i am worried about all kids making any money, but I probably am wrong.

I have always had a hobby of making very high end pens.  I have honored with many reward for my color and design through the years.  Starting just a few months ago to help supplement my income due to one experimental medication costs $978 per day.  I have to pay 20% of that.  So that figure is almost $6k per year besides

my other living expenses.

I opened a store just recently on Ebay and have decided to make pens again and sell them.  I have always been in the top 2% of the industry for awards in design and color.  Currently my pens are on Ebay already discounted 25%.

I will over RWG Members (if you are willing by bypass Ebay and pay thru PayPAL, 

IF YOU BUY ONE PEN, I WILL RWG MEMBERS AN ADDITIONAL 10%

IF YOU BUY 2 PENS,  I WILL GIVE YOU 20% OFF PLUS FREE SHIPPING IN THE US

IF YOU BUY 3 PENS, I WILL GIVE OU 25% OFF,  THAT TAKES ME DOWN TO NOTHING, BUT THAT'S OK~ :))

I WILL SHIP TO EUROPE, ON A PER BASIS QUOTE.  I DO NOT MAKE MONEY ON EUROPEAN SHIPPING.

I HOPE MANY OF YOU CAN SUPPORT,  YOU WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!  I ALSO WANT TO THANK

ALL MY FRIEND HERE,  AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE..;)  IT'S BEEN FUN...THIS FORUM WAS MY SECOND HOME YEARS..

I HAVE TO RALLY THAN ONE SPECIAL SPECIAL WHO I LEANED ON MANY TIMES WHILE I WAS AS AN ACTIVE

MEMBER, AND THAT'S KEN BERG....  HE IS A VERY DEAR FRIEND TO ME...

AND I HOPE HE AND OFFSHORE CAN GET ME THESE ROLES DIALS, FOR PENS I WILL BE MAKING.  MAKING PENS

TAKES MY MIND OF THE EVERLASTING PAIN...

CHEERS TO YOU ALL...I LOVE YOU GUY WITH ALL MY HEART.  (AND NOW I AM TEARING UP AGAIN BIG TIME)

AND HERE IS MY STORY :

The only other background is I have always a very special eye for color,  I have making custom pen plants for over 15 years. It's 

actually a real art, and my works have been nominated and won many times in the small custom weekend pen makers.  This trick

is to be able to control the color and abstract of the color.  Which after many years i have finally  come up with consistent formula. I just

finished up my colorful pen blanks. they end  up 3/4" x 3/4" x 5" square, before they go on lathe,  then the artist of a Pen Turners

comes to live,  Kind of like cutting diamonds...

I have using other peoples mediums like feather, (which are NOT taken form live birds), love pansy flowers are very beautiful,  plus

i have 2 or 3  Artists that micro paint under a huge magnifier, and their is astounding.  Truthfully, the quality of the guts inside are'better

than Mont Blanc, Dupont, etc which you are just paying for the name.  Surely they are nice, buy you are paying like you are paying for Rolex.  

My pens are completely hand made from top to bottom.  The parts are the finest you can buy, My cheapest pen cost me $80. (truth!)

Then depending on the medium, the price doubles, triples and quadruples.  I know pen makers that are rich and make $40k pens at cost.

Quality and design wide,  my pens are in the top 2% of handmade pen Industry. 

I am trying to figure a way to get   people from the forum to buy.  i do 95%  of my sales on the back side of Ebay due to their high costs.

Right now I already have in  place a 25% off sale, which the sale price is currently reflected in the Current Sell Price.

I would offer any RWG Member an additional 10% for 1 pen,  and 20% off the total of 2 pens  (on the back side of Ebay)

and 25% off the total of 3 pens.

RULES FOR THE ABOVE SALE -  THE BUYER WHO'S 1, 2 OF OR 3 PENS CAN NOT COMBINE WITH ANOTHER BUYER.  I DON'T

WANT 3 GUYS CHIPPING IN TOGETHER, AND ONE GUY PAYS.  THIS IS NOT MY PURPOSE.  MY PURPOST IS TO MAKE  PENNIES OFF SOMEONE WHO CAN BUY 2 OR 3 BY THEMSELVES.

Ken asked me for some information on my background with pens.  Here is what I wrote the other day...

• Like 1

Bump ;)

Dear Mike

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I have visited your store in hope of supporting you, but I see that you do not ship to Singapore.

I would be happy to order 2 pens from you if possible. Particularly keen on the gator bone one ;)

God bless and best regards

LK

Dear Mike

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I have visited your store in hope of supporting you, but I see that you do not ship to Singapore.

I would be happy to order 2 pens from you if possible. Particularly keen on the gator bone one ;)

God bless and best regards

LK

I'm sure Mike can work something out for us sinkies, mate. :)

All the best Mike and God bless too!

Sent from my SHV-E250S using Tapatalk 2

Hi Mike

Could you shoot me a PM, I tried to PM you and I couldn't. Maybe your PM Box is full?

Thanks

I just bumped him up to VIP for a month with the Boss's tool, that should help with the full PM box problem.

• Like 1

Now that's a sad thing to hear... wasn't aware of this. Mike is one of our respected veteran members. I've had a lot of good watch discussions with him.

All the best to Mike.

• Like 1