When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My vintage Rolex collection after 1244 days here

ogladio

Just realized earlier today that I had passed 1000 posts, so thought I'd take the opportunity to celebrate that retroactively and also to say thanks to you all for having me here!

My story about getting here resembles that of many others I think... Back in 2011 I scanned the web for a good deal on a (gen) IWC Portu. This in turn led me onto sites like "swisswatches", "pureswiss" etc. Here I started reading up on A vs A++ replicas, as well as learning about how replica watches made in Switzerland were in comparison to the Japanese. ;)

Luckily, before doing anything stupid, I also found this place! This great place, which I now have considered my rep home since 2011 - although I frequent most forums to varying degree. The pre-v Panerai interest led me onwards to WC, following interest in yet 60 years older Pams led to my second home HF - and in parallell I just loved reading about all the fantastic vintage Rolex builds here on RWG and started hoarding parts.  B)

As threads are worthless without pics, I chose to bring out my collection and take some pictures to share today. Thank you everyone for all the knowledge and good spirit that you share here - and thanks for having me here for 1244 days so far!

L492s5.jpg

The 6541 Milgauss:

KBN5Ta.jpg

The 1675 GMT:

ey85oR.jpg

The non-oyster 6263 PN:

R1SW3A.jpg

The pre-comex 5514:

HaihiX.jpg

The non-cyclops 1680:

uXaqsN.jpg

The gilt 1016:

zju1zh.jpg

wA52xq.jpg

And yes - I did get that Portu also btw, after various rounds with Texski, Hugo and Concepta...  :)

Xw1Ri8.jpg

• Like 1

Why can't I see pics............. :g::wounded1::unknw:

Hmm, that's odd Mike - if anyone should see them it's you mate! ;)

Do refresh etc, have an imageshack premium account that I can check otherwise. Must warn however that photos are dark so still a bit hard to see - that's how it is in Sweden for another three months. Stockholm has had a total of 4 hours sun in November...

VERY admirable post @ogladio as I too as many here are, vintage rolex fiends lol love the collection that IWC has my eye

Thank you! Yes, do check out the IWC 3714 series. Very versatile depending on what strap you choose - from casual on say a leather nato to very dressy on a gen croc.
  • Like 1

I see this weird:

"As threads are worthless without pics, I chose to bring out my collection and take some pictures to share today. Thank you everyone for all the knowledge and good spirit that you share here - and thanks for having me here for 1244 days so far!

The 6541 Milgauss:

The 1675 GMT:

The non-oyster 6263 PN:

The pre-comex 5514:

The non-cyclops 1680:

The gilt 1016:

And yes - I did get that Portu also btw, after various rounds with Texski, Hugo and Concepta...  :)"

Most likely my security stuff keep it set pretty tight.

Beautiful collection!! Very nice selection of vintage Rolex. Is that a Bakelite or Lexan insert on the 1675, or are my old eyes playing tricks on me?

Thank you! Your eyes are playing tricks, it's a red back gen fat font gmt insert. For that other build we've been chatting about however... ;)

Thanks also everyone for all the kind comments! :clapping:

Found it interesting to see how diverse they were too - more or less everyone lifting up different pieces as their favorite. Funny, as that's more or like less like I feel when I open the box in the mornings (or evening before  :man: !) to pick the watch for the day - more or less different watches every day...

• Like 1