When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay Black

droptopman

Ok she is on the wrist for a couple of hours now.  Little background information.  I am mainly a four and five digit guy and I have tried to love the modern Rolexes but always seem to go back to vintage.  

First impression: Awesome wrist presence.  I was able to get bracelet sized just right.  Not quite ready to try and mess with the spring bars to try the fabric strap yet and not sure that will work for me anyways as it will make it sit a touch higher.  I have ordered a nice strap from B&S for it.  

In direct sunlight the dial gives off some cool vintage looking grey tones.  

After wearing my 1675 in to work today, the BBB is huge by comparison.  Not in a bad way but just much beefier.  So far it really is better than expected.  Has the modern ruggedness and durability but with some vintage flair and notes.  

The touch of black on the crown tube is a nice addition.  Dial is really good, be nice if it was the old school relief gilt but it definitely looks the part.  Just does not offer the same effect in sunlight that a real gilt dial does.

The lume is truly awesome.  After just a few minutes outside she really glows.  

All and all very happy so far.  This may turn out to be a very good relationship at much less cost and risk of wearing a collectable vintage piece.  Hopefully this quenches my thirst for another vintage gilt sub.  I know my wife would be much happier with this one...LOL

3C8DF6A0-0647-4274-8F1A-A2E9C14E5A3D_zps

D3F10FE8-09BA-4C30-92FB-9962F5D600B7_zps

1F56BF27-EC0D-439E-A846-C101BC55A1D7_zps

55E6A5E2-50A4-4470-A0F1-C76085D7E307_zps

A130FFAE-68EE-40ED-BC1F-854FB6A005AC_zps

D20C1639-3564-4BBF-B9B8-ECB62DA1FBE4_zps

• Like 4

Beautiful, truly a beautiful piece. The piano black box is a nice touch also, the entire package seems to exude that certain something that says...money well spent. Enjoy it and if you ever, do keep me in mind for the short list.

"... so just look at me now, I'm just making my play

Don't try to push your luck, just get out of my way,

causeI'm back ... back in Black."

Edited by Pontiaddict

Very nice piece.  It helps to see it in real world pics, too.  I love that texture on the dial and the red triangle. What do you think of the hands, now that it is on your wrist?  Or have you always been a snowflake fan?

Thanks brother,

Hands are big but fit the watch which is huge to me.  Old school minute hand reaches all the way to the chapter ring which is cool. No never been a Tudor or Snowflake guy, but this one kinda sings to me.  I tried on the BB and Pelagos on at the AD a few weeks ago and for the most part liked the way they looked and felt better than modern Rolex for far less $$.  Almost pulled the string on the blue Pelagos but I already have a 16613 so having two blue watches did not make much sense.  So thought about getting an all black Pelagos when they come out.  I do like the lumed bezel of the Pelagos and in house movement.  When the BBB was released I really liked the look of it so thought I would try one out.  In person it really is a nice fusion of modern and vintage and surprisingly wears a lot better than I expected.  As I wear it, I seem to like it more....  

Other than a real gilt dial the only other thing that would make it better is more of a domed sapphire.     

@themannier  Funny, IMHO the box presentation is better than the new Rolex setup.  Plus you get a bonus strap.    

Got to say buddy, that one is really nice. I'm not a big snowflake fan, had a gen Blue dial 9411 and loved it for a while, but after the " new wore off", it just sat in my watch box.

That vintage look dial is a nice blend of new and old. I agree, why didn't they take the next step and make a real gilt dial?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you post some more pics of the cloth strap??? 

Also, if you would be interested in ever selling it....I WOULD be interested in buying it. 

Edited by REPPIN