When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which Member's Taste in Watches do you Admire?

Victoria

After perusing wrist-checks, and reading posts, I have come to the conclusion that I love certain posters TASTE in watches, etc.

At times, it could be because of a watch I think looks classy, or a strap I covet, or a certain aura they project in general. But definitely I'd love to compliment them, overall, just never had the right occasion to.

Until now.

EUNOMIANS

Example: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=285167

A fine eye for detail; always quality over quantity; and with a simple, RESTRAINED elegance (restraint is not modern man's fort

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find the hambone collection to be tasteful, yet not over stated, redundant in it's splendor even. ;)

Hmmm, Madame V.

Hard choice as I see many members with tastes close enough to mine.

At the end of the day, don't we compare to our own tastes ? Yes of course.

I think Pug is the one having the closest taste to mine.

We often have the same new watches.

But, I agree, Monsieur Euno is on my list too.

Aswell as Pix, By-Tor, Ubi, TTK, Delta,...so many more.

In fact, I "admire" collectors that can still see something great in a Rolex but also in the classics (AP RO/Patek Nautillus), some nice Omegas,...have fun with a BlackMonster...

Very difficult topic here :o

Cheers

Stephane

Hmmm, Madame V.

Not even you, Stephane! Mademoiselle, as yet, please! ;)

Hard choice as I see many members with tastes close enough to mine.

At the end of the day, don't we compare to our own tastes ? Yes of course.

I think Pug is the one having the closest taste to mine.

Ahh, but in my case I could've chosen people whose watch collections resembled my taste. I choose Eunomians because I could never wear only black, as he favours, although my wardrobe is primarily a sleek black-white.

But his IWCs, on me? Never. That doesn't prevent me from admiring his taste, and general demeanour which SHOWS even through this blasted internet medium thingie.

Stephane

For the record, your collection and posting attitude is my next favourite, followed by By-Tor. In each case, you chaps wear watches that I could never see myself wearing (unlike Pix' watches, some of which I have, like his Vacheron Constantin!).

The true mark of admiration is separating yourself from the object of your esteem.

If you still like what the person represents, even if you couldn't/wouldn't want to copy it, that's true admiration. IMHO, of course. :bleh:

A very hard topic indeed, there's no doubting Ubi's twins are incomparable or the quality of Enuo's of Nanuq's collection, then there's the sheer volume of Tangfolio's (I hope I got that right) or Pasil pte's collections.

Then again there's some beautiful gens in TTK's and Thomasng's collections or the quality rep's of Richard Lawton.

I suppose in the end have to say.....

I like mine :D

Ken B)

Thanks for the kind words, piratedzeus! To be fair.... A lot of my projects have been slowly built over time, with parts acquired here and there as I find them. A lot of little cash hits don't hurt quite as badly as one big hit all at once. Just requires a little patience, as sometimes the begining of the project simply looks like nothing more than a pile of parts, or worse- Just a single part! :lol:

Anyways... If you're looking to build a project, budget for both money AND time! Set some acceptable price ranges/figures for what you feel comfortable spending per part, and keep an eye out for those items (buying what meets your criteria at that given time). Keep focus on your goal, and you'll find yourself at the end of it; maybe sooner, maybe later ;)

I would have to say that I simply admire (envy) Ubi's collection. My only reasoning is how he master the art of piecing parts of watches to make the "perfect daytona" that IMO has a soul.

I've envied it so much that I've sourced a EBEL 134 and 16520 Black dial and hands. (nearly $1.5K!) Now onto the case, crown, pushers, and bracelet.

I've been thinking of using a rep 16520 as a base and disassembling the rest of it. Ubi, what are your thoughts?

TTK's gen collection... and Ubi's "super reps" come to mind first. Pugwash has awesome collection as well. Almost all the best reps released.

Lots of members have great collections: Bazz, Jetsons, Richard Lawton, Pismo, Eunomians, Repaustria, Palpatine, etc. Actually it's impossible to list them all. Stephane must own all Rolex Submariner rep models already. :)

My taste in watches is very typical and average. I just buy certain type of (popular) sports models. I never get bored of Omegas, Breitlings and stainless steel sports Rolexes.

Edit: Forgot dluddy and robertk of course.

Edited by By-Tor