When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the most stunning REP in your opinion

Diablo99

Gents,

I could really do with some suggestions. I have a couple of Breitling reps (Bentley and an Evolution), but fancy another watch for an upcoming event that I am going to. It needs to be unashamedly imposing, circa 46-48mm, but without diamonds.

I am looking for something really striking, so please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks.

Gents,

I just laugh these days.

I could really do with some suggestions. I have a couple of Breitling reps (Bentley and an Evolution), but fancy another watch for an upcoming event that I am going to. It needs to be unashamedly imposing, circa 46-48mm, but without diamonds.

I am looking for something really striking, so please let me know your thoughts.

Many thanks.

The Davidsen Fiddy is largely thought to be the dog's barkers. If you can wear a Breitling, you can wear a Fiddy.

Bell and Ross make some imposing watches and the duff Asian movement they use shouldn't crap out in the first few weeks. :whistling:

I find the Fiddy is a good choice for imposing, but when it comes right down to it, you can't beat a Panerai 187. It's like duct taping a can of tuna to your wrist, only with steampunk styling.

292049-4664.jpg

Best is the Steelfish SuperOcean.

Most stunning... hmm, you get different answer from everyone. But for me it's the good old Seagull-Broad Arrow.

292171-4595.jpg

292171-4596.jpg

292171-4597.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

Well, a Fiddy is certainly a good choice (like says V, the gent :animal_rooster: ).

Enormous on the wrist, impossible to not see it unless you attend a Blind Association Evening B)

Still good taste to my opinion.

292178-4584.jpg

There is another one that people always notice when I wear it, the Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono

292178-4585.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Stephane

Bell and Ross make some imposing watches and the duff Asian movement they use shouldn't crap out in the first few weeks. :whistling:

I find the Fiddy is a good choice for imposing, but when it comes right down to it, you can't beat a Panerai 187. It's like duct taping a can of tuna to your wrist, only with steampunk styling.

hey that looks nice.. i want one.. is it very close to the gen puggy?

The Omega Seagull-Broad Arrow looks absolutely fantastic!!!

I've never seen one of those on any of the collector sites that I've looked at. Where can I get one from?

Andrew

You mean like this one (second row on the far right)? :lol:

293119-4011.jpg

Edited by retep

Although all of my watches are stunning, because I select them very carefully and do a lot of research on their quality and accuracy before buying, I cannot tell you how utterly gorgeous my DayDate is. The thing is so sleek and looks absolutely magnificent. The way the fluted bezel catches the light, reflecting it panoramically across the walls whenever I raise my arm to check the time, the way the sapphire crystal glows in a gentle rainbow when the light hits it just the right way, the staying up until midnight to watch as the magnificent movement flips the day and date instantaneously, the juxtaposition of brushed and polished gold and the bracelet, the magnificent sparkle made by the little golden Rolex crown emblem on the botom of the watch... all the way to its enchanting "gold-everything oil tycoon" majesty, its a watch I save only for the most special occasions.

293163-3977.jpg

It is now almost one year old, and while some of the gold has started to peel on the inside of the bracelet, it a minor inconvenience compared to its overall beauty. I just wish a rep manufacturer could make a version with a triple thick layer of 18K gold on it, I would gladly have paid the extra money for it... thick gold is very very helpful, as my new TT submariner has taught me. I guess I have some special feelings towards it because it is my very first rep, and we have been through so much together, but the watch itself cannot be compared to anything else. It's immortal design is one of the most copied and imitated by other manufacturers, but I believe that every serious watch lover should have a daydate Rolex. They are magnificent.

Gents,

Many thanks.

Here is my blinger. It may not be as nice as many RWG members own. :victory:

293205-3955.jpg

Dang Corgi, The President says class and distinction like no other and is such a beautiful and classic design. I honestly never thought much about owning the gold Day/Date and even considered it a bit gosh. Now, after seeing your photo and reading your description, I have it on my to get list. Thanks a lot :p

Edited by jdavis