When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever say to your self:

"I will not wear this one and keep it safe, wrapped, scratch free for my collection" ?

I did.

I left my Noobmariner wrapped in a box untill today!

RolexSubmariner16610NoobMariner_-11.jpg

I picked up my Great White this morning but then realised it is Tokio Hotel day here.

Tokio Hotel ?

:blink:

A german pop band for teenagers and kids.

The Tokio Hotel Mania is almost as crazy as the Beatlemania was.

http://tokiohotel.pop24.de/tokiohotel2/index2_en.php

As I'm the happy father of an almost 12 years old daughter, I have to go to the concert!

:wub:

200608_0103.jpg

We will probably wait for 4 or 5 hours outside in the crowd to make sure we can be as close as possible to the stage.

So, shall I take the risk of loosing my Great White in that mess :o

No of course.

But I really need a Rolie on my wrist today.

I decided to wear the Noobmariner.

RolexSubmariner16610NoobMariner_-13.jpg

RolexSubmariner16610NoobMariner_PS8.jpg

Please, have a thought for me poor old thing that will stand for a total of 7 or 8 hours

:yawn:

Cheers

Stephane

Last day of the 'test drive' today :lol: No need for a pic, folks know what it looks like. After a few days of tinkering and fine-tuning, I've got the watch running at +0.5 seconds a day :yeah:

What's the betting I can't repeat it on my own watches though :whistling:

Oh well, it's been good to have a PAM on again. When I go on my mini-vacation tomorrow, I'll be wearing my Planet Ocean, and taking my 2531.80 for a family meal out wednesday. I'm hoping that by the time I get home, my new PAM 127 will have arrived :)

PS Stephane, that's a beautiful daughter you've got, she's definitely going to have no trouble finding a good man when she's older :) Nice watch too :1a:

Edited by TeeJay

Paul Newman 6241 today

6241001-800zoom.jpg

Freddy- Where did this come from? I ordered one from Josh but with screw-down pushers and arrived with a blue-ish glass crystal not plexi, a blackened coronet logo on the dial instead of silver, not to mention the bottom pusher fell out. I also forgot to check the case dimensions- the gen is 37 or 38mm, Josh's is 40mm. How does this one compare with regards to those details? Thanks, Arty

Freddy- Where did this come from? I ordered one from Josh but with screw-down pushers and arrived with a blue-ish glass crystal not plexi, a blackened coronet logo on the dial instead of silver, not to mention the bottom pusher fell out. I also forgot to check the case dimensions- the gen is 37 or 38mm, Josh's is 40mm. How does this one compare with regards to those details? Thanks, Arty

Arty -- Oops. Sorry to hear about the problems with your watch, but I am sure you will be able to get them sorted out. Josh has some very nice Lemania/Venus-based manual-wind vintage Daytonas, but mine are home-built franken-tonas which I constructed out of the following: case/hands from 'DW' (use the Search to locate a wealth of information on 'DW Daytona' kits); pushers (part no. PD 61.701 white) from Ofrei.com; New Old Stock (NOS) genuine Rolex: 6mm Twinlock crown/crown tube, Tropic 21 crystal & 19mm springbars collected from ebay & other sources; & an old 7835/357 folded link bracelet/end links set that I purchased on ebay & refurbished.

Depending on your patience, watchsmithing competence, parts selection & care (as well as luck), it is possible to produce a vintage Daytona that is almost identical to a gen in both appearance & function. This is my 6239 posing next to a gen 6239 that appeared in the special Rolex Edition of Watchtime magazine a few months ago. You can judge the final result for yourself

6239daytona-1024.jpg

I (and others) have posted numerous reviews, mini-tutorials & expos