When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Sea Dweller

juanjulio

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PureTime Watches International

... as I know if the case is for the original Rolex movement, it will not be able to install ETA movements (but I dont know if the case is modded).

Translation: To Angus's knowledge there's not going to be an ETA (2892) version of the good-case version, which I bet as by-tor said was an OEM case. I think watcher is going to verify (as the King and RepGeek pics seem to show) that the 2836 requires permanent flaws. I used to think along the same lines as Puwash's theory, but since Angus has gone on record saying this is the only version in the works from the factories most likely to make a super rep version (which would necessitate, of course, a 2892) our hopes seem to be dashed. But I'll still set a few hundred bucks aside in case that version ever shows up, rather than buy this version...

Anyone who has one on the way, please post a clear-as-possible macro pic of the dial print. I'd like to see if it's the same quality as the Noobmariner--looks a bit blurred in these pics.

rep

sd1.jpg

gen

2IMG_3595.jpg

Other than that--this is so damn close, it's beautiful. I just ordered a couple for Xmas! Check out the new rep next to the gen:

sd2sy2.jpg

GarageSale_1183292792_2408.jpg

sd3er6.jpg

Picture2-6.jpg

sd4cn1.jpg

6-2.jpg

The gen bezel I believe is slightly more "outward sloping teeth" area than whatever you would call the inward sloping area when you look at it from the side. That looks reasonably accurate. If the rehaut is not too "wokky" I'm certainly game.

BTW, review King's pictures on the first page of this topic carefully. The top of the bezel is in shadow, which exaggerates the lighted portion--i.e. the inward sloping portion.

Miss the lugholes though :(

I have just received my seadweller 1:1 from Andrew. Whew, what a service. Ordered on 29 October and Delivered on the morning of Nov 1.

It is my first replica watch and boy I am impressed. I know you all experts talk about the rehaut/bezel and level at which the crown is placed. Of course a replica is going to be a replica after all. I have a gen Rolex DJ his and hers for my wife and myself. It cost me

I have just received my seadweller 1:1 from Andrew. Whew, what a service. Ordered on 29 October and Delivered on the morning of Nov 1.

It is my first replica watch and boy I am impressed. I know you all experts talk about the rehaut/bezel and level at which the crown is placed. Of course a replica is going to be a replica after all. I have a gen Rolex DJ his and hers for my wife and myself. It cost me

Edited by Rolexman

The Sea-Dweller pictures from repgeek must have had the CG's opened up. I have received mine from Angus and it has the fattest CG's I have ever seen :p:)

I am have going to have the CG's fixed, otherwise the watch looks very good. Anyone know where to get a genuine Sea-Dweller insert/pearl, please please PM me ;) With that last mod it would look perfect to me :)

Cheers! B)

I have just been on Repgeek for the first time and one member there has posted some nice pics and it looks very impressive indeed. I cannot wait until tomorrow. Here are a couple of his pics and I hope he will not mind me doing this.

sd2sy2.jpg

sd3er6.jpg

sd4cn1.jpg

So from wich dealer is this SD?

This one looks damm good to me,the bezel looks fantastic.....

high as it shut be....

Pleas let us know...

The Sea-Dweller pictures from repgeek must have had the CG's opened up. I have received mine from Angus and it has the fattest CG's I have ever seen :p:)

I am have going to have the CG's fixed, otherwise the watch looks very good. Anyone know where to get a genuine Sea-Dweller insert/pearl, please please PM me ;) With that last mod it would look perfect to me :)

Cheers! B)

OK.. I was just about to oder this from Angus based on him saying he has the same watch. Can someone.. ANYONE confirm that the pics on Repgeek are stock from Josh? I want to get this ordered today, but I want to get the right one. Thanks.

I have looked at the pictures on Josh's site and they are the same as the watch I received from Angus, with big fat CG's.......

Have a look at how the CG's really hug the crown on these pictures:

60726901by3.jpg

60726901by3.c6dc474072.jpg

58069510sh2.jpg

58069510sh2.eb8d544645.jpg

I am sure that the pictures on repgeek have had the CG's tweaked/opened up, all the pictures from other dealers clearly show the same fat CG's, which is no suprise as it's the same watch they are all selling..........

Cheers! ^_^

I don't know.. I saw the pic of how thick the crown tube is.. I can't imagine filing them THAT good with a tube that wide and not damaging the tube or the seal. I think the pics on Repgeek look stock, I just want to make sure I know who that one came from.

The pictures from repgeek are not of the stock watch, the CG's have most definitely been modded. In fact the CG's were not even modded that well, have a look at the back of the CG's up close, you can see where they have been changed:

sd3er6wu7.jpg

The way they have been changed is poor, there is a clear "step" evident. If you buy the watch it WILL come with the fat CG's, I would prefer stock fat CG's to the hack job that the repgeek watch has had inflicted upon it :p:)

I think that to mod the CG's well, you would have to remove the crown/tube and strip the whole watch down to just the case......

Cheers! ^_^

Ok, then something is wrong with that whole post, I read through it and he states: "came right out of the box that way guys!!!" .. Man, I really want one of these. I wish there was a system with the dealers where you got to see a pic of exactly the watch that will ship. I know this is how some of the smaller dealers work, and it is preferable.

Ok, then something is wrong with that whole post, I read through it and he states: "came right out of the box that way guys!!!" .. Man, I really want one of these. I wish there was a system with the dealers where you got to see a pic of exactly the watch that will ship. I know this is how some of the smaller dealers work, and it is preferable.

Well I don't know what to make of "came right out of the box that way guys!!!"

The dealer may have filled down the CG's and whoever posted the pictures is totally unaware of it. I still think the repgeek watch has badly modded CG's, I hope the owner can get it fixed.

So if one of the dealers is selling the Sea-Dweller with hacked up CG's, I would suggest you not buy from that seller. Get the stock watch.........

Cheers! ^_^

I have looked at the pictures on Josh's site and they are the same as the watch I received from Angus, with big fat CG's....

I am sure that the pictures on repgeek have had the CG's tweaked/opened up, all the pictures from other dealers clearly show the same fat CG's, which is no suprise as it's the same watch they are all selling..........

Cheers! ^_^

So, please post a picture of the watch you received from Angus.....

Expecially a good Pic of the Bezel please

Edited by Tribal

Sorry fellas, haven't really posted here (member at another one of the "known" forums) but I thought I'd finally chime in....

I really wanna like this watch. In addition the one watch I got from Josh I was really pleased with (but might sell for this model...if)

However is it just me or are the numbers on the bezel fatter on the rep than on the gen.

Please no flames about me being nit-picky. It's just much too obvious when you post a gen and a rep close to each other for us to see.

Check out the "10" on the bezel and tell me what you think.

If it's truly 1:1, then a gen bezel should fit on this right? Right there I would probably be sold immediately. I'd want a relume of that sucker though, past the telltale crown guards (someone really sits there and scrutinizes those crown guards?) I think entering a dark room would give you away more than these other pesky little differences.

Sorry, but it is packed up and sent off for some CG trimming. My watch looks just like all the dealer pictures, there is no difference at all......

Cheers! ^_^

Disappointing news about the CGs. Of course, after all the dealer pics it really wouldn't make sense, would it. Oh well, looks like more money on mods...

Dam, CG's trimming is the easier way ;)

I want to see the bezel height clearly...On the Pics from Repgeek it loos damm good,better than on the factory pictures...

I think i must order one.....

I want to measure the bezel dimensions, maybe a gen SD Insert wil fit.....

Also the crystal must be smaller than on the Sub Reps