When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Congratulations TRC

Admin

I think a small round of gratulations to TRC (The Replica Collector - http://www.replicacollector.com ) is in order. TRC has been online for 5 years today. It is without a doubt the oldest and longest "living" replica forum online. This successor to RWCC was the first large and popular replica forum online and pretty much all the forums aroung have sprung up because of this forum. Even though the activity there is very low these days, there are TONS of usefull information about replicas there. Definitively worth a look.

Man, how the years go by....

Yes congrats indeed.

It was where I shed my "noobness"... cut my teeth, so to speak.

And I'm sure the same for many, many others.

Admin, have you ever retained a record of how may registrations in total you had there?

I know there has been some house cleaning over the years, but it would be interesting to know how many have passed through the doors.

Offshore

My first question/post at TRC was "How can I contact Eddie Lee?"

Then I sent him lots of stupid newbie questions, which he answered patiently (all of them). Thanks Eddie. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Congrats TRC!

I think a small round of gratulations to TRC (The Replica Collector - http://www.replicacollector.com ) is in order. TRC has been online for 5 years today. It is without a doubt the oldest and longest "living" replica forum online. This successor to RWCC was the first large and popular replica forum online and pretty much all the forums aroung have sprung up because of this forum. Even though the activity there is very low these days, there are TONS of usefull information about replicas there. Definitively worth a look.

Man, how the years go by....

Ah, yes, how the time goes by. If it's only 5 years old, then I must have joined TRC within its first 6 months. Boy, I wish I had kept my original nick now. My first rep came through a much maligned TRC dealer who was eventually driven to obscurity (but is actually still out there), Natalie. I even purchased a piece of junk from the Replica Lord (old timers will remember this gem) - which I still have somewhere. Ah yes, the good ole days. Now that I'm feeling nostalgic, I'm going to have to try digging up my Replica Lord beauty. hehehe

My first rep came through a much maligned TRC dealer who was eventually driven to obscurity (but is actually still out there), Natalie.

Chief,

You know the rules about bad language on this forum!

And that name is as bad as it gets.... my one major scam in my rep times... cost me $1k+.

Now go and stand in the corner... bad language indeed!

(She/it was also the reason for my siggy.)

Offshore

Aahhh...the whiff of nostalgia...memories of Cousteau / Krazy 8......Cod Among Us....( I always thought there was something fishy about him )......where Admin created the "FIRE STATION".....where Cousteau and I would joust....with him alwats getting his pants dusted.......now the Fire Station's doors rarely open........but the lightning rod on the roof is in my possesion ....still attracting wannabes and dumplings.....:lol:

TRC ....I hated it in the beginning....when RWCC 'died' Audemarsfan and I created another board from the dying embers of RWCC.....using the same old forum software...same layout same format...'cos we thought it would be familiar to everyone....comfortable so to speak....SHOCK AWE AND HORROR.............that upstart Admin....creates a rival board....with great layout....luuvverly colours....and everyone flocks to it...Richard and I are left sitting in our tree...saying'''where'd they all go"......:lol:....and so TRC was created....AF and I ....flew the coop and settled in the branches sof TRC.....and it's been home ever since....others may...nay will come and go.....but TRC is perennial....!

Congratulations Admin....and the original investors in TRC....those members are the backbone of this hobby....( even you Lillith...:D)....they stood upright and took the hobby to where it is now......pat yourselves on the back....you all deserve credit......NONE of these other boards would be the way they are without the influence of TRC....Happy Birthday....!

Edited by TTK

Admin, have you ever retained a record of how may registrations in total you had there?

I know there has been some house cleaning over the years, but it would be interesting to know how many have passed through the doors.

Offshore

If no members had been deleted in these 5 years, we would have passed 20.000 members at TRC