When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An open letter from Ziggy to the members of RWG.

RWG Technical

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you have written is very much true and very frustrating for most of us members.

All that you mentioned is not what this forum should accept and hide away from. Similarly, the dealers that are recognized by RWG (as the best to buy from) should act on the high level that this media holds them. What bothers me is that there seems to be less and less competitive pricing amongst our favorite few and one would almost think 'price fixing' exists betwix these dealers. If you've ever had the chance to visit China, visit the places were these watches are made. One would soon appreciate the profit margins dealers are enjoying. Couple this with the continued increasing watch pricing then one could assume that collusion between the dealer group exists and we the members become their patsies.

Again, as a newbie that has been doing extensive readings of this site as well as the others a monopoly should not exist in a capitalist market most of us live in. Suppy, demand plus quality dictates price not like what OPEC and the retail oil companies are doing to us today.

There is my two cents on a sensitive subject matter some may wish to avoid!

Have a well deserved break Rob! May I suggest going to some island and lie under the sun on the beach and maybe some snorkelling?

I just got back from a holiday and it really helps freshen you up... then u will receive a package from me sometime mid jan... finally...lol!

Cheers!

Rob,

I hope is wasn't my super dodgy 187 that sent you over the edge. I might have called it quits too if I had to deal with me and my watch!

On another note, I too am going to step away from "Repdom". You'll be seeing a fire sale starting tonight. Not too much, but enough to keep some folks happy. I've spent way too much time here over the past three plus years. Many good times, good friends, and interesting banter.

Rob----thank you for your contribution to my cursory understanding of watches. But reading your posts and some of the others here, I feel like I can talk shop with most WIS, from the rep and "real" world.

Peace!

I'm sure Kruzer will be missing you the most!

Funny, I don't think I'll miss him. He seemed arrogant

Yes well nobody is going to miss you either, maybe it is just unfortunate that you spoke up before doing even the slightest research, but a fatal mistake it was..........bye

And Ziggy I too would just like to say that we in the Admin team will work hard to find a solution that will make it comfortable for your return.

Ken

A very sad day. Those are well-spoken heart-felt words and I understand your frustration. I do hope you return and it is sooner rather than later. I also hope that people take his words to heart. Modding is now an ever more integral part of our hobby and accordingly the forum needs to be just as vigilant with people offering services. Hopefully that is the one good thing that comes out of this.

Ziggy: I think you're the most important member of this community. But you can't leave, because you're a family member.

There might be some occasional family problems. It's just natural.

But this place is your home. You know the door is always open, after you decide to come back from your vacation.

The Zigmeister, all I can say is don't go. Or come back real soon if you have to leave. This community needs the resident watchsmith calling BS on those bad mods and servicing. I never sent you a watch to work on, and with you living so far away I am not sure I would ever just because once being properly regulated it may not arrive back in the same condition because of the international travel, but you would be the only one here I would consider sending it to. A great asset to the community.

I don't think the latest offender is fooling very many people here.

I posted this not too subtle topic...

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry357972

..although few picked up on it. Responses to this person fell off precipitously afterward, however, and I had no personal stake to push the matter further.

We know who has skills and who doesn't. Much like you (The Zigmeister) must have felt somewhat uncomfortable naming Flav in your posts (I for one assumed it was Joe), it's a bit hard to jump on people explicitly right away without knowing more about them. UB7's endorsement carries negative weight, if any. One or two customers doesn't mean "we" approve of the person.

Most of us know about watch modding and repair primarily because of you.

BTW, a respected hobbyist, Ubi, showed us amateurs that we could bend the hands. We won't PAY for that level of craftsmanship, however.

Cheers. :)

Although I'm more of a lurker than a poster, I've really enjoyed your input and appreciate the work you've done. It's a shame you've had to deal with the problems you've explained, so I, like most others can fully understand your decision to step away.

All the best, and I hope to see you back on here at some point in the future.

Zig -- I think the previous posters' (positive) comments pretty much sum up my feelings as well. So I will just say that regardless of what anyone says about you, you are alright in my book.

p.s. Oh, one more thing: Wherever & whenever you land, remember to keep the shiny side up.

Merry Christmas & Ho Ho Ho!!!

An open letter to RWG members.

As a new member, I simply would like to state that you Sir, have integrity and dignity,

Let NO-ONE take that away from you ever.

The best of health and good fortune to you and your family.

Also many thanks for contributing so much.

Rob,

You are missed already....Thank you so much for your many posts and humongous contribution to the members on this board.

A bigger thank you for "looking out" for us newbs when it comes to the many intricacies of watch smithing. I have a lot to learn.

You are one of the biggest assets to this site. And a major reason why I "tune in" every day here...

I hope to see you back....

Rob,

sorry to read this....but I can deeply understand.....you will have enough "work" to stick to your hobby.

I will stick to you and your works cause I expect 100% for a work done and I am/was allways impressed by the 200% I got back from you!

Thanks for being with us....talk to you soon

Theo (...the AP MAD RED 7) :p

Reading The Zigmeisters posts has been one of the best things about this forum. He is a brilliant watchsmith and has provided

a great service to the members here. It is sad indeed that one must agree, and I do agree with The Zigmeister's articulate

reasoning for leaving RWG. When you do good honest work and you take that work to heart in the interest of all who engage in this hobby and you are maligned, it is understandably difficult to take and compels one to shy away. The Zigmeister, you should take comfort in the fact that those who have made you feel as you do now are the minority, and that there are a great many here who place a high value on your contributions to this forum. You will be sorely missed, and a break is richly deserved. Don't be away for too long.

Ziggy,

Lately I learned to appreciate your incredible sense of integrity, discovered how much you permanently help us in calling out "self declared experts and modders".

... and now you leave?

Your decision really adds to my sad feelings seing new scammers coming here and so many useless threads on RWG.

It is in no way a good thing for the community nor for RWG.

From a wonderful watch forum, it might become just another forum without members like you or Ubi's contribution.

I sincerely hope you will be back after a holiday break and that you will keep an eye on RWG in the meantime.

I send you and your familly my best wishes for Christmas and hope that the new year that will start soon is a great one.

I see your open letter like a sign: let's finish 2007 and it's lot of disputes on RWG now and look forward for a better 2008.

Kind regards,

Stephane

Well I'm really p*ssed off about this news and angry at the attitued shown towards him. The Zigmeister is the main reason for me being here and in my mind has been key in making RWG as good as it is today. His absense will be truly missed....I hope the Admin team can work something out with him to bring him back.

Wow, what a sad day...Rob, you have been an integral part of everyone's education of watches and will be missed. Your talented hands have touched over a dozen of my watches and they are all beyond special. It's a pity that a couple bad apples can ruin something so good for us all...the saying that you don't know what you have until it's gone doesn't even scratch the surface of what our forum has lost.

Rob, please enjoy the holidays with Jenn and enjoy YOUR life...not our forum seeping into your life. I wish you well and understand if you are taking a break from working as well...we can always revisit more work at a time when working is more enjoyable for you.

Happy Holidays! :victory: