When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you guys wear a ring?

Martyd3

Now that I am single :) I no longer wear a ring. I was thinking looking for one in titanium, SS or white gold that would match my watches (I do not wear gold watches). The main character, "Bud", in the movie The Abyss had a neat titanium ring, but that a wedding band. First, you guys wear rings other than their, high school, college or wedding rings? If you do, show my what ya got!

Thanks.

Marty

I dont even wear my wedding ring, I have a couple that i might but only for a special occasion and then they come off very soon, when i was at colege i saw one of my mates get a ring caught on a chuck key he laft in a lathe as he started it, Those of you who know what happened, well you know, those that dont, think of baby back ribs when you suck all the meat off them!

Obviously, Marty, you're looking for male replies. You know I love jewelry, and have bought/inherited TONNES.

But IMHO, men don't look good with much jewelry on them. I'm sure Jfreeman just lobbed rotten tomatoes at the screen. :p

There are exceptions:

North American males like to wear hommage rings -- "school" rings, like High School, University, Annapolis/West Point, etc. type rings. There are also Super Bowl/World Series rings which mean so much, such as Raijor wears.

Many British males wear family crest rings on their pinky. Prince Charles does, and so do all my uncles...I'm not a fan of this habit. This goes double for oval signet rings in onyx.

But look at all the metal a man can wear on his person:

1- Watch

2- Wedding band

3- Cufflinks

4- Neck chain

5- Tie clip

6- Note clip

7- Crucifix/Star of David

8- Earring(s)

7- Piercing(s)

9- Bracelet/bangle

10- Prince Albert Ring :p

I tried going to Garrard's, my preferred jewelers, but their rings are all for ladies. Tiffany's have a paltry selection for men, too.

tiffanymoderneringmr4.jpg

tiffanyssignetmp3.jpg

The first is avant-garde, but very fashionable. The second, if you need to go the onyx route, discreet. I include them because perhaps Bergies can source them for you.

Men and jewelry? Why not. Just don't look like this:

hands.jpg

:lol:

P.S.: My boyfriend doesn't even like to wear watches. Well, I've cured him of that habit, but deep down, I'm glad he doesn't like to wear jewelry.

I am wearing two of them...one is on the finger where the wedding ring is supposed to be...but I am not married yet...been wearing it since i was 18 (bday gift from my father - it was his fathers ring) today i am 29...and I couldn't imagine not wearing it...it's made of platinum and it has 4 smaller and one bigger diamond...the other one is a cheapo silver that I got from my GF...will post a photo once i get my camera back...it is really a great looking ring!

From time to time I get the urge to try a ring, but nothing ever seems right. When I was doing my (long, grueling) engagement ring shopping I would check out the men's rings too. I though Titanium would be cool, but they are hideously overpriced at the shops; if you want a laugh see how much they want for a Ti or Tungsten steel mans ring at your favorite jeweler.

I bought a titanium men's wedding band from a shop on Amazon on a whim, they were having a sale and they were priced about right for a bit of metal ($20). The style was very nice: a thick, wide, square-edged shape that suited my big hand.

I wear it occasionally on my right hand, but after wearing it a while I decided steel or Ti is too cheap looking for a ring. Also, the modern profile looks cool but is too wide to be comfortable.

If we ever make it to the wedding I'll let my bride-to-be buy me a platinum band,6 or 7mm wide and square-edged but not as thick. It's no where near as tough as Ti but easy to polish.

Anything more than a simple band I just don't think fits my personal style. I used to wear a class ring, but couldn't imagine wearing it now.

I am not married, but I wear my MSc University ring once in a while. ( Norwegian University of Technology and Science... NUTS!) :p

It is a rather simple ring in gold and silver. One small ball that resembles Earth, held up by a silver band, the technology.

It is visible in this wristshot of the Sea-Dweller.

ssd_wristshot.jpg

Although I'm now technically married, (in an unofficial way :lol: ) I still wear my engagement ring on my left hand ring-finger. It's a 5mm thick sterling silver court ring, with engravings rather like the fine detail on the Stargate. The intention, is to have it replicated in Platinum as a wedding ring, for the 'official wedding'. I have a Stainless Steel ring on the middle finger of my right hand, which is similar in style to the Tiffany ring Victoria has shown, as it comprises two raised ridges, but they are not broken, as on the Tiffany ring, but two continuous bands. It's 10mm thick. I've also got plans to replace it with a custom-made version of the Master's signet ring, from the latest series of Doctor Who, which will have a stainless steel insert in a sterling silver ring. (makes an awesome color contrast between the two metals) I probably won't be comissioning it for a while though, as I have more important stuff to get first :)

I have a few rings I wear on a regular basis along with my wedding band but do not wear them all the. Only one ring and my wedding band at any one time. My wife gave me a cross ring for our first anniversary and I will wear it instead of my wedding band on occasion. I have a family crest ring in rose and white gold that I usually wear on my right hand and a world series ring that is an occasional wearer. It has real bling. In the summer I rarely wear a ring as I am out golfing or at the lake playing and a ring just does work. I have a few other rings but they just sit in a box. I am into hats and wear one every day. Akubra is my hat of choice. They come from AUS. I have been wearing one for years. I spend a lot of time out doors and it keeps my pot warm in winter and the sun off me in summer. I also carry a pocket knife ... a very useful item to have around.

blingringBreitling1.jpg

blingringferrari.jpg

ringbling1.jpg

Tanto001.jpg

Tanto003.jpg

I wear only my wedding band, wore my graduation band but at the time I got it in gold and no longer wear any gold.

Wish I could get a pic will work on that tonight, but my wedding band is shaped like a bolt(8 sides) and has a diamond that I took out of my grandmothers cross on each side. I had it custom made because while we were shopping for wedding rings I could not find anything I liked. It measures about an inch side to side, the ring itself is a bit under 1/8" thick and it is about 1/4" wide, talk about heavy.

On a side note, while shopping for wedding bands I looked into some nice titanium and tungsten rings they were realitively cheap compared to what I spent getting mine made. The deciding factor against the Ti and Tungsten rings were how hard they are to cut off in an emergency. My jewler told me about this so I followed up with a relative who is an ER doc and he confirmed that Ti and Tungsten rings are almost impossible to cut off sometimes. While most times I would figure what are the chances, however one of my uncles almost lost a finger when he jumped out of his boat and his wedding band cought on the boat. They had to cut his ring off of him.

I wear two rings -- my wedding band, which is a traditional Victorian English engraved gold pattern, and a New Mexico Indian engraved sterling silver ring with mosaic inlays.

Finding a decent men's ring other than a wedding ring was ridiculously hard, since I didn't want the usual jewelry store men's ring, and a lot of the southwestern Indian or artisan-style rings look garish or cheap. After years of looking I found what I was looking for at a high-end Indian art gallery in Beaver Creek, Colorado.

Sorry, but my camera recently went south, so I need to replace it, otherwise I would post a few photos.

Just took these pics of my rings.

DSCN3484.jpg

DSCN3485.jpg

All this talk of rings, made me think of someone a former manager of mine knew, who they (his group of friends) always refered to as Rings. I asked once if Rings was thus named as he wore a lot of them. That wasn't the case. Apparently, Rings was a serial engager, who would engage a girl (giving her a ring) as a way of persuading them to take anal :lol: So it refered to both 'rings' :lol: