When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TTK's Group Buy and Beyond - Where's TTK?

hiker01

Also, I am quite aware of the relationship between Neil and the admin team in the weeks leading up to this event. Remember Ken, I was there. I saw the way TTKs relationship had soured in recent months with you, TT and BT.

Neil's relationship with TT, Kenberg or me (or lack of) had absolutely NOTHING to do with his banning from this forum. How many times this has to be repeated?

We were NEVER GOING TO BAN HIM from the forum. That wasn't even under the discussion, at any point. The Admin team only wanted to freeze his dealer account until all his transactions were solved. You can argue if freezing his account was a right decision or not, we had a long conversation about it, too... but it won't change the truth.

How many times I have lied to members in this forum... or been dishonest? Or T? If you don't take our word for it... well, then don't.

And since you brought my name into this conversation:

You know full well that I'm 100% straighforward person. If Neil has some personal problem with me (which I seriously doubt)... or thinks that I have one with him, he can always contact me at the RepGeeks. It's not more complicated than that.

All this gossiping... all these silly conspiracy theories... simply ridiculous. Looks like plain' ole trolling to me.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point I hope posts on this thread relate only to the status of watches ordered. Anything else is a waste of time. Those who doubt the admins can continue to do so. If you really feel the whole Admin team and those at 2 other forums are all liars you probably should vote with your feet. For better or worse TTK is gone from this forum - pure and simple.

And on a nicer note it is good to hear that people are continuing to get their watches. I trust that will continue as the Admin team has done all it can to ensure that TTK has all the info to make good on all his commitments and no one in Admin has ever accused him of being a scammer.

Happy Easter to All! And big congrats to all who were instrumental in the continuing success of the POTR drive.

-Kruz

OK - here's some of the holes that are missing from that Swiss cheese.

About January of this year Ken took a unilateral decision to censor a post I made in reply to a certain member of RWG who shall remain nameless who was giving provably false information to a newbie. I published the proof, but Ken objected to what he perceived was unfair criticism of the member proffering the information, so made my post 'invisible' yet left the false info to stand. This sent alarm bells ringing with me and I started to wonder if there was some sort of arrangement between Ken and the member-who-shall-remain-nameless, so I brought it up in the 'other place'.

After much heated discussion, Admin agreed openly in the 'other place' that a mistake had been made and I should not have been censored, and moreover if a single moderator feels they have to take action swiftly against disputing members then both posts should have been pulled until such a time the mod team got a chance to discuss it. So, to put it another way Ken got an indirect slap on the wrist. I received an apology from Admin for the incident.

Since then Ken has had it in for me, and as anyone can see from his following me around like a guard dog, has taken every opportunity to turn contentious any and every post I make. Some people might call it goading.

I argued my case strongly (as I do) and justice was done, yet this is what now seems to be getting objected to. It doesn't seem to matter if someone is right or wrong - more that they don't offend the sensibilities of the people who think they are exclusively in charge.

These are my last words on the subject.

Ok TT has said enough is enough so I wont leave this open to an answer, but yes I am talking of PW as that is where he was at odds with the mods.

Let's not imply I had any part in this whole episode. I've already been accused of taking part or being influential in the suspension/banning. :o

Rico you are a conceited fool and I'm calling BS on your whole little story...

[23] - Moderators and admins are allowed to edit/delete/move/close any posts they wish under reason. If you wish to question a decision, you should PM the moderator or admin in question and ask the reason.

Thomas has never pulled me up about anything regarding you because quite frankly he thinks you're a horrid little troll.

Ken

Edit; As stated above PW had took no part in what transpired against him, other than trying to defend himself.

R11co-

Since you think Ken is biased. Let me weigh in because you can't claim I have an axe to grind. I am a relatively new mod. He is no more biased than the whole admin team. We are all tired of being called liars, conspiracists or whatever. If you have nothing nice to say or cannot act in a civilized manner you will be banned by me. My pleasure at this point. Got it? And I am not looking for a response. Simply stating a fact.

Let's keep it simple Rico and Andreww...

1. The admin team made a decission to freeze Neil's account because he's making a mess of a lot of the orders...

2. Neil thinks it's OK to threaten the admin team

3. The admin team bans him

We can discuss about details but these are the simple facts... if you still have holes in your swiss cheese, than i suggest you ask Neil where that part is. As a normal forum member i can only say that the behaviour we all accepted from Neil... we would never accept from any other member or dealer.

So if you guys mis Neil that much... take a plane, go to Thailand and buy him a beer...

Agreed. And no one needs to get on a plane. Just log off here and head to rep geeks. Come back when you have had your fill.This topic would have long been closed if not for the pending orders which it sounds like they are being taken care of. I look forward to the resolution of all outstanding order issues and the closing of this loop.:)

As someone who has moderated a forum, I'd just like to make a few observations:

The way which Neil treated other forum users (which was tollerated for a considerable length of time) would have got him instantly banned on the forum I moderated. No ifs, no buts, a straight out ban. Some forum rules are universal, namely, treat others with respect, and do not attack other forum users. Neil did this on numerous occasions, sometimes overtly, sometimes very subtly, sometimes just passive/aggressively. Either way, that in itself warranted a ban. The fact he was not, shows he was given considerable leeway by the admin team

With regards the 'flipping' of his status, with any admin team, seperated by timezones, one mod may make a decision, such as giving someone a 'time out', but, the next mod (or forum owner) may think that it doesn't warrant a 'time out', so may rescind it. The initial mod, seeing the status change, may feel their action was justified and re-instate the time out, and the next mod (or forum owner) may feel that it warrants a permanant ban and simply enforce one. While an explanation of what happened with Neil's account has been given by the admin team, I am simply highlighting how such a scenario can occur, without there being some 'hidden agenda', simply because it is a situation I have been in myself, which others may not always appreciate, if they have not moderated a forum before. While as moderators, we may have taken different approaches and responses to things, the forum owner gave near-complete autonomy, and would always back any decision mods took (often siding with the most permanant option).

Why was TTK trading area suspended shortly after he posted of a medical problem? TWP posted the very next day about his drinking and drug woes, yet his section remains untouched.

TWP did state that he was considering retiring anyway, it could be that he was being given time to make a decision, rather than having one enforced upon him, possibly, because he did not have a thread dedicated to him, with a series of customers wanting their orders filled. As stated (I believe by Ken) above, the intention was only to suspend Neil's account as a dealer untill he had fullfilled the group buy, after which, it presumeably, would have been re-instated, or, he would have retired on health grounds. But. When he then made threats to Admin and others, that made it a totally different issue. As has been said numerous times. Neil was not banned for being unpleasant towards forum members. Neil was not banned for not fullfilling his obligations as a dealer (even after he made the post where he threatened to post a member's watch with the intention of it being confiscated by customs) He was banned for threatening the forum Admin. If someone comes into your home and threatens you or your family, do you:

a ) let them stay in the lounge, or do you:

b ) kick them out

With regards the PMs. I agree with the point that they should have been archived and emailed to Neil once he was banned. But. Considering he had posted about the difficulties he was having with his eyes, what is the point in sending someone messages they can't read? For him to complain that he is not given access to his PMs, and then when he is granted access to them, refusing to read them? What's that? Cutting your nose off to spite your face? Being given an offer and spitting it back? Great attitude there... People have said that off forum, Neil is a totally different character, and that's fine, but why feel the need to act like such a c*nt towards people on forum all the time? Why assume such a persona? Why not just treat others with the respect demanded towards himself? Is it too much to ask for someone to behave in a civil manner, when they demand that others treat them with deference and respect? There is a reason I never wanted to do business with Neil, and that, is it. Wether he would have done business with me (as he claimed he would not) is irrelevent, as I would never have wanted to initiate a transaction in the first place. Dealers can choose who they want to do business with all they like, that is their right and privelage, but, that right and privelage also extends to clients as well, and, clients have the right and privelage to choose who they initially wish to seek to do business with.

Not to get too far from the topic of Neil's health issues (which were also key to this whole debacle) with regards that condition, most people who suffer from blepharitis use their ointments in the evening, and prior to going to bed, so they are not hampered by the blurred vision during the day. They don't put them in during the day and then complain when they can't see clearly. That's just common sense. As for glaucoma, my cousin developed it in his mid teens, but still went on to become a solicitor (he's now early-mid thirties and leads a perfectly normal life.) As yet, I haven't displayed symptoms, but, knowing there's a family history of it, I know it's something which could eventually happen, so it's something I get regularly checked for. For someone who claimed he would not be online much due to his eye conditions, prior to his ban, Neil spent plenty of time reading these threads, even after he had posted that he was logging off, and, has made posts on RG since then as well. I hope this means his condition is improving.

As has been mentioned previously, if people want to contact Neil, they can do it via RG or Skype.

I am not making this post to 'stir things up', I'm just trying to give an impartial view of things as someone not involved with the group buy, but with experience as a forum moderator.

Happy Easter folks,

May peace be upon you all.

Edited by TeeJay

R11co.....I thought you left already....so much for last words on the subject ;)

I didn't say I was leaving, I just said I had nothing further to add to the discussion. There's no 'new' information at that link. I was just reminding Ken of something that must have slipped his mind.... :p

Ok time for the debate to end...

Here's the final statement to Andrew and his claims on Neil's behalf...

Neil's account was only Banned ONE time...

As I stated in the Fact Post, T changed his status ONCE from Supporter back to Collector prior to the Ban...

Then after catching up in the Admin Thread about the situation, it was changed back to Supporter by T himself...

It was after that when Neil called and threatened him, and which, he was subsequently Banned...

End of story...

Time for you guys to enjoy your new private forum and leave us and the whole Neil fiasco alone...

ANY FURTHER POSTS IN THIS THREAD THAT DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE GB WILL BE DELETED!

Link! (OK, so I got the date wrong - it was November and not January. I hadn't realised Ken had been on my back for that long....)

I cannot believe this has to do with ME, in some tawdry stupid little way.

I cannot believe this is the same R11co that approached me the other day via PM, saying that it's high time to bury the hatchet (when I was being more gentle towards TTK than he's ever been to others), since obviously there was still a lot of resentment in your heart.

I'm disheartened that now I know who it was who accused Ken of being partial to me, one of his "clients". It was YOU who said that. wasn't it?

Let me tell you something, R11co. I forgive anything you may have said to me, about me, around me. Even now, when I am very hurt.

Your words in that thread are living testament of your niggly, bully-boy attitude on this forum, and don't need to be pointed out further.

BUT I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU for having prevented me from giving Ken money this Christmas.

I was told I could not buy from him, due to the conspiracy theories about him and me someone had disgustingly raised. I had never bought from him before, and wanted to buy some suits for my father and boyfriend, as well as jewelry for my mother and I.

Those few hundred dollars of business, a pittance compared to the others who have bought from him here, nevertheless cost his wife, and his daughter that much more security and peace of mind.

You know why he did that? Because he's HONEST and DECENT, and didn't want his fellow Moderators compromised in any way due to my situation at the time.

You, Sir, are disgusting.

Hope you find some comfort in knowing my money will never allow his child sustenance his livelihood should provide.

I am out of this thread, with apologies to the Moderating team in toto.

Victoria wrote a R11co Thrashing...

I know i said that any further Posts not having to do with the GB would be deleted...

But I have to invoke Mod privileges and let this one stand...

However, any replies to it will indeed be deleted... :lol:

B)

TT

Finally got my group buy Rolex LV watch today. It's a long wait but the watch is wonderful. I skyped TTK yesterday saying that I haven't received the group buy watch and he said that he will send a new one today. The mailman delivered it today. It's from Thailand. I've skyped TTK to let him know I had the watch. Hope it's not too late.

From my presonal experience:

- It's painful to wait so long (however...)

- TTK did accept my complain when I skyped him and promoised to send a replacement

- I have the watch and it is great

I guess it's all about expectation. If I know it will be a long wait at the moment of ordering, that is OK. It's the feeling of not knowing whether it's lost or not that's painful.

A update to the group buy folks.

Rolex Sub 19, thank you for the update and congrats on the watch. That is how this thread should be used. I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I have contacted TTK on RepGeek. After requesting my information again, he informed me that he would be shipping out my watch (black sub) Monday 3/24 or next time he is at the post office. I have not been informed if it shipped yet. It will be shipping via airmail which I have had several watches ship through recently and was quite fast. I hope it arrives soon.

I would recommend any others left from the group buy here that have not received their watch to also contact TTK and give him your information as it appears that he does not have the detailed information for each buyer saved elsewhere.

I got mine today, there was a delay in posting to me due to the fact that i was moving house and lack of internet.

I gave my new address to TTK about 2 weeks ago and i got the watches today, not bad in my opinion. have been away the whole time regarding the whole TTK issue and so have no time or want to read about what has transpired.

I think the admin wants to know if people got their watches or not, i did.

Thanks for looking after us admin, now how can i upgrade?