When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Reps Allowed! Gen Watch Wristcheck

anton

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sanro, AWESOME story!!!! I felt like I was there with you purchasing this beautiful timepiece

Vic great story and relaly puts things in perspective about owning a gen vs. rep. Sometimes those Gens just carry more meaning.!

Sanro, AWESOME story!!!! I felt like I was there with you purchasing this beautiful timepiece

Vic great story and really puts things in perspective about owning a gen vs. rep. Sometimes those Gens just carry more meaning.!

Corgi, it is dark here already so this is the best I can get under the kitchen's light... :rolleyes:

You are right: there are no seconds. Patek argues that since the chronograph is based on a "wheel of pillars" (?? sorry, it is a direct translation from Spanish) it barely uses power reserve. So you might as well leave the chrono working to supply the seconds hand... Odd explanation, though.

The dial for the chrono is very innovative, I think. Both the hours and the minutes run in the same counter at six. At first I thought it would be impossible to read the times, but once you get used to understand that a full round is 30min it becomes easy.

Here are the few lousy photos I managed to get now. However, you can see here two phenomenal photos (http://www.mundopanerai.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=2983) as well as the full story (in Spanish) of the 5980.

p1010311re1.jpg

p1010309ka3.jpg

p1010308oy0.jpg

The dial for the chrono is very innovative, I think. Both the hours and the minutes run in the same counter at six. At first I thought it would be impossible to read the times, but once you get used to understand that a full round is 30min it becomes easy.

Juan, here is something similar to the 5980 if you like the idea of a central minutes-and-hour totaliser:

DSC00032.jpg

Counter @ 9 is the minutes-and-hour totaliser.

Here're my gens :lol:

ABSSUb.jpg

29-01-07_1147.jpg

I don't have this one any more, but, it was a really nice watch (and the analogue/digital displays synched better than my X-33 rep) It also had an awesome 'indiglo' nightlight B)

Black-1.jpg

Once the battery died, I bought the Casio dive watch :)

p1010311re1.jpg

p1010309ka3.jpg

p1010308oy0.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. That movement is absolutely breathtaking; its absolutely Patek Philippe in every way - elegant and absolutely dripping in wealth. That rotor is solid 24K gold, I believe.

My favorite thing about Patek Philippe is the painstaking attention to detail in both design and manufacture. Look really carefully at how those hour markers are made, those at an angle other than perfectly vertical/horizontal are offset just a little at the end to counterbalance the effect and fit nicely into the case.

Your post, alongside so many others here, is valuable because it deals such a powerful blow to the even highest end replica watches. Consider the MBK Nautilus, for instance - supposedly the best Patek rep in existence. But in looking at your photos, it is so abundantly clear that this rep will never ever come close in a million years to craftsmanship and quality of the original piece. Consider all of the "franken" reps that are sold here so regularly - they will never possess the intricacy and precision of their real counterparts. It is such a rare and beautiful watch, since it puts this hobby in perspective. Obviously, there are many others here that do the exact same. But I think 1) because I love patek and 2) it is the most expensive and rarest watch posted so far is why its getting so much attention. When one puts on a replica watch, it is to look wealthy - your Nautilus is the symbol of true opulence sir, and for that, it deserves respect.

Guest avitt
Of all the gen watch collections, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, so far of those shown, El Primerozen's is the most complete for a young man.

Truly a well rounded and enviable collection :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Beautiful watches my friend. I have to see them next time we meet :)

Thanks V for you kind words...i realy expect to see you! I hope in summer period we can meet!!

Cheers!

Of all the gen watch collections, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, so far of those shown, El Primerozen's is the most complete for a young man.

Bravo.

@Sanro: :love:

Thanks my lady! ;)

Truly a well rounded and enviable collection :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for your kind words!

Indeed, bravo to Elprimero :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oooooh Stephane Stephane..... -_- you have to come to Greece for ever!! :lol:

So a litle words....

Omega Moonwatch: I think the best of its breed,Saphire crystal with AR,open back. And i just bought it!(10 days old) B)

Rolex TT Submariner: I hope some day rep factories will make the blue color corect!For now only gen can stand!

Rolex GMT master II: Out of production,so a realy special Rolex to have!

Tudor Chrono:A daytona case...My opinion for this watch is that its one of the best 7750 ever produced!

Oris TT1 Titan 1000m: Saphire crystal,and the best AR i have seen! A realy colectable watch beacause these dials with the "ISO" its out of production!Superb Divers watch.

Fortis Spacematic: You can go to war with this watch!!!An almost identical watch had been used by our(Greek) special fighting pilots team.So its a special watch for me.

I have sold my Zenith Elprimero....and now my project is to buy again a better Elprimero watch....

Thanks RWG members again for you kind words.

ps:REPS btw have the other half of my hart! ;)

Oooooh Stephane Stephane..... -_- you have to come to Greece for evere!! :lol:

Ευχαριστώ πολύ

Ah, if only I could.

I had such a project in 2002 (Creta/Chania) but my boss wanted me to be in Brussels 50% of the time so what's the point moving :(

γειά σου

ok this is a good thread ... i'll play .. after i wear the reps that i acquired recently here are my favorite gens:

Everyday alternate from the X'mas gift from my sister n her husband this CA Links

calinks_wristshot.jpg

and a Tourneau white face dual time zone

gentourneaudualtime.jpg

for lap dances at Scores and Flash Dancers in NYC

nyc-bling2.jpg

or maybe a Tag Heuer 400 from 1993 (in the family photo right side front with stainless steel bracelet

collection_2.jpg

Edited by prince458

This is a cool thread.

I figured I'd contribute an odd post :)

This morning my son was eating Apple Jacks (cereal) and pulled a watch out of the box.

It was too big for his wrist, and too small for mine (until I nearly tore the band stretching it over my hand) and I wore this to the office today because of him!

Photo338.jpg

Yes, it rivals some of your beautiful gens, and it's a Hot Wheels! I must admit I got some odd questions but hey, who cares!

• 1 month later...

Here's my little contribution to this excellent thread....

This baby is only ten days old - a surprise gift from my wife!

DSC02095.jpg

DSC02099.jpg

This is a great watch - it began it's life with a great story and since it's a gen I hope it will have a heritage in the years to come like the beautifully written story about Victoria's father's watch...

This is a cool thread.

I figured I'd contribute an odd post :)

This morning my son was eating Apple Jacks (cereal) and pulled a watch out of the box.

It was too big for his wrist, and too small for mine (until I nearly tore the band stretching it over my hand) and I wore this to the office today because of him!

Yes, it rivals some of your beautiful gens, and it's a Hot Wheels! I must admit I got some odd questions but hey, who cares!

LOL! Too cool, lishper. How is everything in East Lansing? Too bad I moved, or we could have grabbed a beer at the Roadhouse and talked watches!

Here are mine:

DSCF1223.jpg

DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0714.jpg

Here are my wife's:

DSCF0570.jpg

DSCF1000.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

Edited by peepshow